Another You

Daily Drabbles (Collection)

This short is based off of Urban Zakapa's Another You

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

MinoxYou. 513 words. 

 

The wind blows in my face and wraps around me like a cold shower. I shiver under my scarf and rub my gloves together. I feel the cold even through my winter boots and struggle through the huge piles of snow on the sidewalk. 

11:15. Lunch seems to draw out like being trap in the middle of a desert. The wind blows even harder as I approach an abandoned street. I need to find some place warm. I look around and see a small cafe with a clear glass window at the end of the block. It read “No egg” and had little plants, cute no egg designs and glass bottle lights. I head over there desperate for some warmth and a smidgen of curiosity. 

I open the door and the bell rings. A man with a nice clean shave and smell of fried eggs greets me. I take a menu by the counter and almost all the dishes have egg. What a funny store. You would love it…if you were here. I sigh and the man approaches. 

“Anything for you Miss?”

“Umm… I’ll have an iced Americano extra shot please.”

“Yes of course. Would that be all?” the man asks, but I hear you instead. 

“Yah! What kind of meal is that? Excuse me! She wants two orders of spam egg and kimchi omelet with her hot chocolate!” I smile at you and your pearly whites greet me back like sunshine. 

“Miss?” the foggy daydream clears and a clean shaved man stares at me. Not my Minho.

“Oh. Um. Can I also get the spam kimchi no egg omelet?”

“Yes sure! I’ll bring your drink and food right over! And please sit anywhere you’d like.”

“Okay, thank you!” I say as he disappears into the kitchen and I walk towards the clear glass window. The atmosphere feels very light and the soft mumbles of people’s every day lives echoes through the background. A soft ballad plays as another server brings my iced Americano. 

If I like you~ If I wanna be with you~

“If you need anything else please tell me!”

“Okay~” I smile and thank the lady. I take a sip of the Americano and the cold bitter taste resonates on my lips, which brings the cold feeling back to my body. Why do you like this so much? It’s so bitter >< 

I get chills from the drink, but as I sit by the window, the clouds float away and the sun appears. Its brightness overpowers the glass and the heat hugs me like your arms would. Always keeping me company.

I leave 10 minutes before 12 and thank them for the lovely meal and head out once again. I put on my headphones and unlock the screen. Our picture comes up. You holding up rubber ducks on our first foot bath together with towels wrapped around our hair. I smile and click on music like every time you have overseas concerts. I hum to your song and bop my head to the beat. 

“You’re him alright. My Song Minho~”

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------