#Practice 043

Practice Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Practice Love
The Practice

#Practice 043
External circumstances can increase the chances of obtaining desired results. 

 

"Live with us again, Mia." They talked that night. Everything that they didn't know about each other. Everything that was left unsaid. Every feeling, every event that her mother didn't know of. She told her everything. It was a pleasant night. She thought, until she was hit in the face with a pillow that Junhong threw this morning. "Get the hell up, woman." He rolled his eyes and pulled her up from her bed without waiting for her response. He doesn't care, she knows that. Groaning, she glared at her brother and slowly got up from the bed she slept on. She was pissed, that's for sure. But she couldn't even bring herself to bicker with her brother when it's bloody eight in the morning.

 

"What are we doing?" She asked Junhong as they both entered the dining room. Their stepfather was sitting by the table reading a newspaper, while their mother came in with their breakfast. "Good morning." She smiled at them, and Mia nodded awkwardly. It would be a lie to say that she wasn't expecting to see a crimson shade the moment she opens her eyes, but the sight of her mother was fine... I guess... She took a seat beside her brother while her mother takes her seat at the opposite. 

 

"Mia." She blinked her eyes at her mother's call. "About living with us..."

 

Mia pursed her lips. Right, now that everything's fine. There is no reason for her to live with Mark anymore. There's no need for him to be concerned over her living alone as well. There's no need for her to make their lunch, there's no need for them to watch movies on his bed anymore... There's no need to be there anymore. "How about you get her an apartment instead?" Junhong bit on the toast and said. "You know, early preparations for the baby shower- OUCH. NOONA!"

 

She glared at her brother. Exactly what did he learn in school to be saying things like that. She heard her mother cleared and turned to her. Mia nibbled her lips. "I..." Her mother shook her head and smiled. "It's fine. Forget what I said, I'll get you an apartment to live in." She said and picked up her fork.

 

Mia nodded hesitatingly and started eating as well. It wasn't as if she didn't want to live with them, and no, it wasn't because of anything Junhong said. She just didn't feel comfortable living here even though everything was explained to her. The information was foreign, and she'll need time to digest everything before her heart was ready to move on.

 

She needed time.

 

"Do you need me to fetch you to school?" Her stepfather asked, smiling at her as he lifts up his car keys. She shook her head. "I'm fine on my own." She bowed to him and left the premise with her brother. Junhong waved them goodbye and walked down the wide road. "Aren't you calling Mark hyung?" He asked, grinning when Mia shot him a glare. "Shut up..." She muttered and quicken her pace.

 

He didn't need to tell her that, she already did. But she wasn't going to tell Junhong that. She looked up and paused, eyes fell on the familiar shade of red that was waiting by the bus stop. He turned around, eyes landed on hers, and a smile formed on his face. "Morning." He said, and she pressed her lips. "Morning." She managed to force it out and walked towards him. She can already imagine Junhong's eyes rolling at the sight, but she could have cared less. That brat deserves to walk alone.

 

"Mark hyung." She tensed and turned around to glare at the kid who grinned at Mark. Junhong tugged his hands into his pocket, a smug look on his face as he smiled far too friendly with him. "Please take care of noona." Mia furrowed her eyes. No way in hell would Junhong end his sentence like that. So she waited, her fist clenched as she tried to hold back from killing her little brother. 

 

Precious? This deceitful brat can never be precious.

 

He raised his fist and bumped it lightly on Mark's shoulder and turned to Mia, his grin widened when he met her suspicious gaze. "Thank you for reserving this product, please make your payment as soon as possible." He clicked his tongue and made a run for it before Mia can spank him. She glared at her brother's retreating figure and turned to Mark, who raised an eyebrow at her. He was confused, but she wasn't going to explain at all.

 

She cleared . "L-let's go. We're going to be late." She took a step forward, and he grabbed her bag. "I'll take this." He smiled and took her bag, swinging it behind his back as he takes her hand on the other. She blinked, brows furrowed slightly. "Let's go." He said and walked, tugging her close to him as they head for school.

 

The walk was quiet, just like how it usually was. But this time, it came with the sound of her heartbeat buzzing loudly in her ears. Though he couldn't hear it, she was really, really nervous. How did Mark manage to act like nothing ever happened? She had to admit, she was amazed that Mark can still smile and talk as if none of that ever happened, as if he had never said anything at all.

 

Meanwhile, she was shaking inside. She didn't know what to do, or what to say for the matter. Exactly what is she supposed to be saying here? Exactly why did she do that?! She wanted to dig a hole and hide there, if that can save even the least bit of the embarrassment she displayed that day before she left to her mother's house. Of all things she could have done, why did she do that?

 

Before she knew it, they're already in the school ground. Eyes rounded, she turned to their intertwined hands. "Mark." She called, making a panic attempt to remove her hand, but he didn't budge. Eyes were on them, but he kept walking.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter