#Practice 026

Practice Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Practice Love
The Practice

#Practice 026
Something is bound to happen to break the calm. 

 

"I like you though." His voice rang in her ears. Repeated, echoed in her mind. He's joking. She squeezed her eyes shut and pulled the pillow over her face. The dark shied out, inviting the dawn, but she is still wide awake, thanks to a certain someone. Mia groaned and dropped her face on the mattress. Her eyes were tired, but her heart was excessively active. If it weren't for him... Her soft curses came out muffled as she continued to roll on the bed, hoping that she'll be able to fall asleep after awhile. 

 

Snap. She heard a loud snap shot coming that came from a short distance and removed the pillow on her head, her eyes squinted as she tried to get a clearer image of that someone standing by the door. Red. She groaned once more and fell back to the bed, pulling the covers over her head. No, she was not going to start a conversation with the man who just caused her insomnia to act up.

 

She heard him chuckle, and then there's footsteps approaching her. God damn it. She cursed and pulled the pillow over her head again. She can already imagine him shaking his head at her, with his good looking face that has that "I'm totally not amused" looks plastered on him. 

 

But no, she was not going to talk to him. She is in need of sleep now.

 

"Rian called you to help her with breakfast." She heard his voice over the thin cover material, but she didn't budge.

 

Mark pressed his lips and shook his head. This girl is impossible to deal with, of all the times that she chose to be stubborn, she had to do it here, in the early morning as well. Carefully, he took a seat by the small vacant side of the bed. He pressed his left hand on the mattress. 

 

"Are you really not going to wake up?" No answer. 

 

"Alright, then."

 

Silence occurred next. There was no noise, no sound, not even a sign of movement voiced in the room. She fidgetted, shuffling under the covers and pulled down the quilt under her eyes to sneak a glance at her surrounding.

 

"I knew you'd do that." The fact that his voice was this close to her ears surprised her. She flinched, noting how close his face was to hers. His left arm was placed beside her head, supporting his body weight above her body, and his face was surprisingly close to hers, giving her a clear, good look at what's hidden within his thin, grey T. 

 

Someone stop him. She panicked and grabbed the pillow, hugging it before her chest as she hides her face behind it. Mark chuckled. Does she really think that a pillow can serve as a good barrier at this point? 

 

"Are you still going to sleep in?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at the girl who was busy hiding behind the white cotton pillow.

 

"I'll get up if you get out." She muttered softly, her voice barely audible to the man who still had his eyebrow raised in amusement.

 

Cute. He thought and smiled. "Sure. Just so you know, I'm hungry." He commented casually and got up from the bed. 

 

Mia slowly pulled herself up and ran her fingers through her hair, her other hand covered her face to hide the shade of his color. "I hate you..." She muttered to herself, but he caught it, and a clear, audible laughter was heard by the door. 

 

"But I like you."

 

A pillow flew to the door with a loud smack. 

 

 

"Exactly what are you planning to make with..." Mia squinted her eyes as she stared at the strawberries placed beside the kimchi, as well as the weird sight of blueberries and honey near the tofu. "... Those..." She turned to Rian who pursed her lips and shrugged casually, as if she had done nothing wrong.

 

Mia had finally got out of her damned hole to the kitchen, just to witness a horrifying sight of Rian attempting to cut an onion with a fork stabbed into the onion. She was cutting it as if she was cutting a god damn steak for god sake. Of course, Mia had to stop her before she ruins anything else that they could have used for breakfast. 

 

"Kimchi jjigae?" Rian blinked her eyes innocently, while Mia's expression was barely readable. Is she for real? She felt the corner of her eyes twitch when Rian didn't seem like she cared. "Fine, I don't know how to cook. Just help me, please?" Rian pouted, and Mia stiffened. 

 

Lee Rian just admitted that she was wrong without putting up a fight.

 

"What's it to you?" Mia voiced without hesitation. It was out of character for her to into anyone else's business, but she knew Rian better than to not question what's going on in her mind. Because of all things Rian is made of, she can be just as stubborn as Mia when it comes to not admitting her wrongdoings. 

 

"Nothing." Rian's answer came far too quick for Mia's liking. Liar. She turned her attention back to the ingredients and decided not to press it. It seemed as if she could care less about Rian, but truthfully, she just didn't want to force someone to speak when they didn't want to.

 

We all have secrets we'll like to keep to ourselves. She knows that more than anyone else. 

 

She washed the anchovies and placed them in the pot along with a piece of dried kelp. Then, she added water into the pot and place it on the stove, turning on the heat and then proceeded to dice up the ingredients. All these while, Rian can only keep her hands on her side as she watch the whole process.

 

"What's up with you and Mark oppa now?" Rian asked, her eyes shown clear boredom as she popped a strawberry into .

 

Mia's shoulders stiffened.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter