We're on the right track - Chapter 9

We're on the right track

This would be Jimin and Jungkook’s second night spent wide awake till the break of dawn. The group decided to wait till the bonfire was out to finally raise white flags and go home. They went through more than six hours enjoying the warmth of each other’s company and of fire burning radiant from blaze to ashes while talking about everything and anything of their lives.

 

Jungkook hopped out and reached a hand to help Jimin off the back of the pick-up truck parked in front of his cousin’s house, they waved their goodbyes promising to meet the group later that day for the town’s fair.

 

Sleep was slowly creeping in, bodies begging for rest, they got inside hand in hand and yawning their tired state away. Jungkook pushed the shoes out using only the back and soles of his feet as he led both of them into his single bed room, he decided it was more appropriate than using Jin’s king sized one and would bring them closer together anyway, the idea of sleeping cuddling Jimin sounded more than perfect.

 

Jimin’s lithe form hit the mattress with a thud followed by Jungkook’s tall one, they immediately snuggled, arms were enveloping stiff backs and legs would tangle locking themselves in a comfortable position. Jungkook smelled sweet fragrance from Jimin’s hair as the smaller breathed fiery air against his collar bones, they slowly fell into slumber echoing fading goodnights onto peachy colored walls.

 

A few hours later, the luminosity out there was too bright to ignore and even on a small town people would go about their days as loudly as they could. Jimin was wide awake, pleasantly being held by Jungkook, he watched him for as long as half an hour before kissing sleepy lips back to reality.

 

Jungkook hummed, tickling the soft skin of Jimin’s mouth, he chuckled biting on plump lips to avoid the itching. “Why did you stop?” The other, fully awake by now, complained at the lack of touch, pulling Jimin in for another kiss, one that involved tongue, teeth and blissful sensations. Jungkook knew going deeper on that action would spark more than just a pleasurable thrill, and before confessing he didn’t want to take things further, so he stopped, finishing the moment with sweet pecks all over Jimin’s face.

 

“Let’s order something for lunch and stay in till Namjoon comes to pick us up.” Jungkook said, making an effort to get up the bed, leaving the other behind was a torturous task.

 

“Sounds good.” Jimin ruffled his hair, sitting up straight.

 

The afternoon was full of satiated tummies, lazy kisses and small talks. Jimin was now taking a shower, preparing for the night ahead as Jungkook sat around fighting his urge of invading the bathroom and ravishing an unsuspecting, and wet Jimin with clothes and all, he was starting to feel sorry for being such a good kid, trying to make their first time into a special moment instead of having his rapturous arousal take hold of him.

 

All his thoughts were brusquely interrupted by a bared chest Jimin, dripping body covered only by the tinniest of towels around his hips. “Sorry, I just wanted to let you know we are out of… are you ok?”

 

“No, I think I just had a small heart attack. Can you please put something on?” Jungkook was on the verge of crying on how much he wanted to that exquisite boy in front of him.

 

“I’m on it.” Jimin winked, turning around and just before locking himself up in the bathroom again, he dropped the towel, giving the other the most divine view of his fine tight , to which Jungkook could only growl thinking that his shower would have to be the longest he had ever taken to release all frustration boiling inside him.

 

Not even forty minutes later Namjoon was honking signalizing them to join the group outside. They drove to the town’s fair, colorful neon lights could be seen from afar, they even had a small Ferris wheel circling around against the dark sky.

 

Many popcorns and cotton-candies later, they played around on dozens different game tents, on the shooting one, nobody but Yoongi could hit enough targets to win a prize, but he did give the pink fluffy bear to Hoseok as he would not have any use for it. The night was so fun their bellies hurt from laughing, if it wasn’t for Namjoon almost breaking pieces of the attractions, it would be for Taehyung dancing madly at any song that reached his ears, Yoongi’s ridiculous faces for being bored or bothered by anything, or Hoseok’s fear of everything that dared to move. Jimin and Jungkook wouldn’t fall behind, joining in for the jokes or hilarious impersonations of famous people.

 

They decided to go in for the Mirror House, Jimin and Jungkook got separated in the middle of crooked reflections and twisted illusions. Jungkook would laugh on his own, staring at the short fat version of himself on the mirror as he looked for the other, hands raised in front of his body to detect a way out from all the confusion. He suddenly bumped into Taehyung while taking a blind step to his right.

 

“Oh, hi there.” Taehyung held him against his chest making him back away pressing his back on the glass surface. “Seems like you’re trapped.” He teased.

 

“Looks like you are the one on a trap here.” Jimin said as he bounced behind Taehyung, pretty much sandwiching him between himself and Jungkook. “Why don’t go look at yourself on another mirror?” He used a flirty tone, but it was quite obvious he wasn’t happy with the other’s advances on his ‘boyfriend’, Taehyung giggled nervously taking the hint and leaving them alone.

 

 “Hey, I found you.” Jimin poked Jungkook’s cheek making the tall boy smile radiantly, taking him in for a full on savory kiss, they continued exchanging intimacies until a little boy came crashing on the mirror beside them, they all laughed from the sudden scare and walked away, finally finding the exit.

 

Next they were on the line for the Ferris wheel, Jimin would look up feeling a chill down his spine, he was a bit scared of heights, but Jungkook’s assuring presence made him slightly more relaxed as he pressed small fingers around the other’s wrist. His feet would wobble as they turned arrived, the wiggly cage being opened for them.

 

“It would be fine.” Jungkook whispered on his ear momentarily washing away his worries. They got in and up it went, once high enough Jimin was actually not that frightened, having the other boy so close to him, his arms wrapped around his shoulders, he could see the whole town from where they stood.

 

“Jimin-ah…” Jungkook called for his attention and he turned to look at him.

 

“Yes?” Jimin felt slim fingers pushing locks of hair behind his ear.

 

“I…” Jungkook gulped, taking in a long breath. “I love you.”