We're on the right track - Chapter 5

We're on the right track

Jungkook was feeling beyond comfortable with Jimin standing by his side, arms linked with his. He never thought being this close to someone from the same would bring him any kind of joy, after all he didn’t consider himself gay and he never had any sort of attraction towards men before, then again, Jimin was someone that would awake fascination in mostly everyone.

 

The walk back to his cousin house has been silent and Jungkook was trying his best not to pay too much attention to every time a puff of hot air would exit Jimin’s lips or how the other’s height would feel like the perfect fit, he could see the top of his head, hairs bouncing up and down as they took light steps, no concern or hurry to get to their destination.

 

“This cousin of yours, where is he now?” Jimin asked, breaking the silence.

 

“He’s in some marathon around the mountain, he does it every year.” Jungkook explained.

 

“Cool. He must be an athletic guy then.” Jimin wondered.

 

“He has to, he eats too much just to sit around.” Jungkook could hear the shorter man chuckling and decided that from now on he would try his best to make that happen as much as possible, because never before someone’s laugh had caused his tummy to flutter and heart to beat that fast and he definitely liked that feeling.

 

Without notice, Jungkook was again staring at beautiful flower pots at his cousin’s porch. “We’re here.” He says grabbing the key from his pocket and opening the door.

 

“Oh, it looks so nice!” Jimin exclaimed looking around, mouth agape showing a happy little smile.

 

After going inside Jimin finally let’s go of Jungkook’s arm and the taller feels a bit sad for losing that contact. “Hey, I know you’re probably very hungry, there’re lots to eat, let me fetch you something.” He says leaving Jimin at the living room, already seating down, and sprints towards the kitchen.

 

Jungkook serves Jimin a plate full of yummy treats and seats besides the other on the couch, watching as how cute he would munch the pieces of food and smile at the same time.

 

“Thank you, the food was great.” Jimin says, swallowing the last of it, Jungkook smiles in return.

 

Jimin then slides down from the couch to seat on the smooth fluffy carpet on the floor. “Ah, I’ve not been in a house this big since ages.” He says already lying down and spreading arms and legs across the fabric’s surface.

 

“Where are currently living?” Jungkook asks, staring him down with amusement.

 

“Just in some old crummy apartment downtown.” Jimin answered propping himself up on his elbows, looking up at the other on the couch. “You know, only one room, leaks and mold all over, cheap stuff.”

 

“I’m sorry you have to live in such conditions.” Jungkook assumed the other lived on the same town as him, as they both came from the same station back on the train, which only made him cheerful even though he felt a bit bad about living in a nice place while the other was clearly not.

 

“I was really excited to get a new job, maybe I could move out of that junk. But, we both know that didn’t work out.” Jimin pouted arching his eyebrows. Jungkook wanted to hold him and offer the other all the help he could give, but kept that to himself for now.

 

“What do you wanna be in life, Jungkook-ah?” Jimin asked, curious to know more about the generous man in front of him.

 

Jungkook had to give it a little thought before answering. “I know I want to go to some University, study my off and start a nice, honorable career, I just haven’t decided in what yet. “ He laughed at his indecisiveness. “And what do you want to be when you grow up?” He asked, making fun of Jimin’s short stature and earning a cute tongue sticking out of the other’s mouth, totally worth it.

 

“I want to be a singer. A famous one, so that everybody will know my name.” Jimin answered sitting up.

 

“So you sing? Can I hear something, please?” Jungkook was really anxious to know what the cute little man could do.

 

Jimin nodded and started to sing a nice melodious song, flooding the room with an angelic voice, as sweet as candy to Jungkook’s ear. How much more perfect can this man even be? Jungkook’s eyes were closed now, enjoying the harmonious sound till it came to a stop.

 

“Why on earth are you still not famous? You sound terrific!” Jungkook excitedly said, making Jimin blush a little.

 

“I can dance too, wanna see?” Jimin asked, but didn’t wait for an answer as he was already on his feet rolling his hips around and magically moving his legs. Jungkook couldn’t believe how good he looked and how y he made every single move like. As if he was watching a performance on a stage, Jungkook was even starting to feel aroused by it, but unfortunately it didn’t last long as Jimin showed his final stance, finishing the dance in a Michael Jackson style pose.

 

“Wow! That was excellent!” Jungkook clapped, huge smile on his face. He felt like a fan boy drooling all over Jimin, who was breathing heavily after the little show, but feeling proud of himself.

 

“What’s your special skill, Jungkook-ah?” He asked, plopping down on the carpet again.

 

“I used to sing also, but I’m not really that good…” Jungkook shyly said.

 

“I bet you’re just being modest, let me hear it.” Jimin encouraged him.

 

Jungkook then sighed and let his voice slowly feel the space. And Jimin was shocked; he had never heard such beautiful voice before, he almost felt like crying with the emotions it brought on him. He lovingly looked at Jungkook’s handsome face feeling drawn to him, he almost felt like touching him, he actually wanted to kiss him.

 

“Are you joking? That was amazing! I even got goose bumps, see?” Jimin snapped out of it when Jungkook finished, standing on his knees showing his arms to the other.  “Maybe we can have duet, you and I. We would call ourselves Jikook, the magnificent singers! And break all young girls’ hearts.” He started imagining how cool would that be.

 

“Jikook? I liked the sound of that…” Jungkook smiled thinking the same.