We're on the right track - Chapter 6

We're on the right track

The sun peeped through the curtains of the living room, rays hitting directly at Jimin’s eyes, making him squint and block the light with one of his hands. He propped up on his elbows and looked around, he was lying on that same carpet and could only now feel the pain on his bones for sleeping on the floor.

 

To his right, he spotted Jungkook on the couch, his tall body facing down and head turned to the side. His back would slightly move up and down with each breath and his lids would flutter in response to the dreams he must be having.

 

Jimin remembers the night before, remembers talking till his throat was sore and laughing more than ever, it felt incredibly easy and natural to hold a conversation with Jungkook like they had been friends for years instead of a day.

 

He normally wasn’t the first one up in the morning and he knew that from the times he had already lived with other people, but today seemed like an exception as he didn’t feel tired at all, in fact, the morning breeze felt refreshing and the sight of the other just a few inches away made him all happy inside.

 

On his knees he approached the couch to have a better look at Jungkook’s sleeping face, strands of his shiny black hair were covering most of his forehead, he was like an angel and the sunlight made the sharpness of his jawline even more pronounced.

 

 Jimin thought he had never seen such a handsome man before, and to top that of, he found that little spot on his neck the cutest thing ever and the broadness of his shoulders mesmerizing, Jungkook was his exact type.

 

You know that one person of your dreams, the one that would have the perfect features, a mix and match of all the crushes you have ever had and you think it would never be possible to actually exist as real person, well, he did, and his name was Jungkook.

 

Jimin couldn’t hold himself and reached his hand to lightly caress the other’s hairs, like a mother would do to her child while singing lullabies. After a few Jungkook was reaching for the touches until he was finally awake, piercing eyes looking straight at his.

 

“Look who’s staring now.” He whispered, voice cracking up from just waking up, Jungkook smiled like he had just won first prize in a competition.

 

“I’m not afraid to tell I really enjoy the way you look, it almost brings me peace.” Jimin says, keeping his hand between flocks of Jungkook’s silky hair.

 

Jungkook nuzzled Jimin’s arm and took in the scent of his skin, he wanted to leave marks from kissing all over the hands that touched him now, pounce on the smaller boy on that carpet, lie on top of him and on his lips, kiss him senseless till they could no longer breathe.

 

But he had never done that before, with absolutely no one else, and just the thought of it raised his insecurities and anxiety to dangerous levels, he didn’t think he could deal with this, so instead, he held Jimin’s wrist and carefully pushed his hand away, smiling all the way as not to look rude.

 

He could see a bit of disappointment on Jimin’s face and almost regretted his actions, but now was too late as the other was already standing up. “I think I need a shower. We should have breakfast after it.” Jimin said, gathering his things and rushing towards the bathroom.

 

Jungkook wanted to punch himself for being such an idiot, here he had this amazing guy, hinting that he wanted something from him and he couldn’t make it work. It was the easiest thing, the answer was right in front of him, you lean in, use that useless mouth and just kiss him, how hard can that be? And he was pretty sure that was no other side this time, no ‘what’s the worst thing that could happen?’ if he had just tried because it was damn obvious what Jimin was asking for, but still he couldn’t deliver it.

 

And now he ruined the moment, is not like he could wait for the other to pop up and feast on his lips the moment they laid eyes upon each other, that would be awkward, and the opportunity had passed. But Jungkook was now more than determined to make it happen again, right there seating on the couch, he made a promise to himself, that today would be the day he would cross the line, today was going to be his first real kiss and it would be awesome.