We're on the right track - Chapter 14

We're on the right track

Heaven melted in his mouth and rolled around on his tongue as he tasted the most delicious meal since the time his mother would rock him in her chest and feed him, Jin’s cooking was like memories of home and smelled of love, much like what he felt for Jungkook.

 

Jimin munched on the mouthwatering food, holding his now boyfriend’s hand rested on his thigh from underneath the table, listening to the elder talk about their plans for the next day, just like a family dinner, he surely missed that, feeling like he belonged, like he was needed and loved.

 

Had he said he loves him yet? Had he shared how he makes him feel? All the twists on his tummy or erratic beats of his heart, the fuzzy and warm sensations all over his body, Jimin has heard the sweetest things from Jungkook, but was not much vocal himself when it came to compliments and confessions, thus he had not say much yet, however, his emotions were all pent up and he needed to voice them out.

 

“I love you.” Jungkook immediately stopped chewing, swallowing hard and facing Jimin who had the pinkest chubbiest cheeks he had ever seen and it was almost too adorable to handle. Jimin didn’t mean to say that out loud, at least not when they were eating and Jin was around, but after seeing the brightest smile Jungkook was giving him now, it really made up for the embarrassment.

 

“I love you!” Jungkook replied, squeezing on the hand he held, he was so happy he could feel the pressure of his heart nearly exploding on his chest.

 

“Aww, you guys… this is so cute I feel like crying.” Jin expression was that of someone who just saw a little puppy and wanted to squish it in their arms.

 

Definitely not what he expected his first love confession to be, but it really didn’t matter, the outcome was even better than what his imagination could have provided, Jungkook couldn’t take his eyes away from him and whatever he had bursting inside him now made him light and warm, and feel all the good things in the world, like a loved one hug or a delicious ice cream on a very hot day, like showering and lying down on freshly washed sheets after a tiring day, perfect in his mind.

 

A couple of hours later and they were getting ready to sleep, saying goodnight to Jin now they were adjusting to fit in Jungkook’s small single bed, he had his left arm open as Jimin lay over it and nestled in his warm chest, being  tightly wrapped around a blanket.

 

“So, I guess we’re now officially boyfriends, right?” Jimin asked, his sweet voice echoing on the silent room.

 

“Yes, yet I’d prefer to call you my love.” Jungkook said, planting a kiss onto fluffy hair.

 

“Then I’ll call you my life.” Both were laughing of their cheesiness, but warming up to the thought of being so lovey-dovey with each other, something they have never done it with anybody else, so it would be more special.

 

“Thank you for being so nice to me, anybody else would have just left and said good luck, you instead became my luck.” Jimin kissed the soft fabric of Jungkook’s tee, metaphorically reaching for his heart.

 

“That had nothing to do with the fact that you are irresistible, it was all due to my giving nature.” Jungkook grinned, pulling the shorter man to lie on top of him, the tip of their noses touching.

 

“What’s so irresistible about me, Jungkook-ah?” Jimin asked, rubbing his nose against the other’s cheek.

 

“Well, everything really, and I swear I could be more romantic, but this right here…” He squeezed the plump flesh of Jimin’s . “It’s what I’m down for.” And they were laughing again, Jimin hiding his face on the crook of Jungkook’s neck, peppering it with small wet kisses.

 

“I wish I wasn’t so tired or I would really take advantage of your position right now.” He whispers, pressing his body down as if to trap Jungkook under him.

 

“I know, I’m exhausted too, but I promise I can get into any position you’d like tomorrow. What do you think?” Jungkook turns them both sideways once Jimin’s smaller frame goes limp over him.

 

“Sounds amazing, I’ll be dreaming of the best ones.” Jimin mumbles, eyes closing as sleep surrounds him in a resting veil.

 

“Goodnight my love.” Jungkook says before giving himself to his dreams as well.

 

“Goodnight… my life.” They are breathing in the same air, beautifully tangled in each other’s arms.

 

*****

 

Next day they go for bowling with everybody, the group looks trilled to see Jin again and call for a celebration later that night. While they wait for their turn on the packed place, Saturdays always attracted every family to the gaming palace, Jungkook rested his head on Jimin’s shoulder, embracing him from behind as the other entwined their fingers together.

 

“Something is different.” Hoseok observes, eyeing the couple beside him.

 

“I bet there was a lot of yesterday.” Namjoon says without any shame, earning a slap from Jin.

 

“In my bed nonetheless.” The elder adds anyway.

 

“What? Not even I used that bed before.” Yet another slap and everybody was laughing uncontrollably not only of Namjoon lack of sense, but at Hoseok playing around acting like a clown with his bowling shoes, or Yoongi throwing the ball like he was carrying a sack of sand around.

 

Tae would perform incredibly funny dance moves whenever he hit a strike, Jin would say that even if his team would not win he was still the best looking one and everybody would always lose in that.

 

And Jungkook would kiss him square on the mouth no matter if he would knock only one pin down or all them, he would be praising him for his skills and saying how much he loved him.

 

Jimin felt his life was complete then, sure all his stuff was somewhere packed up in his old roommate’s closet or tossed around his girlfriend’s house, but what really matter was right here with him.

 

Friends that were more than the E on entertainment, who welcomed him despite not even knowing him that well, and Jungkook, his new life, someone he loves and that loves him back with just as much intensity, and soon they would be living together and creating the most beautiful moments he once only dreamed of.

 

Nothing could possibly go wrong from now.

 

-------

A/N: Sorry for such a small chapter, I was actually planing on making this the last one, but I feel it might be a little disappointing, so even though it might take longer than the usual, there will be more chapter for this fic yet!