We're on the right track - Chapter 7

We're on the right track

Breakfast was quieter then he would have like it, but not half as bad as Jungkook thought it would be, Jimin was still smiling and talking to him, like that scene from before had never happened. Jungkook didn’t know if that was a good sign or not, was Jimin just being nice and trying to avoid any awkwardness between them or did he feel he had made a move, got rejected and now it was time to be back to just friends status?

 

He sure hoped it wasn’t the latter, because the more he spent time with Jimin, the more he wanted to kiss him, touch him, run to Paris and marry him, Gosh, he never before fell this hard in love with someone. Jungkook had his bottom lip bitten down imagining how great the feeling of Jimin’s mouth on his would be as he observed the other munching on a whole spoonful of milky cereals.

 

“So, do you have any plans for today?” Jimin asked after swallowing the mix.

 

‘Yes, kissing you’. Jungkook thought of saying, but didn’t. “We can go around, see what this place has to offer.” He answered instead.

 

“You’ve been here before, right?” Jimin questioned.

 

“I have, but it seems there are some new places.” Jungkook saw a few new buildings while he walked around town the night before, when he was hoping to find Jimin.

 

“Cool, you can take me there then.” He mischievously winked.

 

“It’s a date.” Did he just say that? He wasn’t supposed to, his brain and mouth needed to work out a better system, ‘cause right now they were failing.

 

“Oh, I hope it would be a romantic one.” Jimin said then the spoon on his hand in the most seductive way and Jungkook really wasn’t ready for it.

 

“It can be whatever you want it to be.” Or was he? Jungkook was stepping on uncharted territory, he wasn’t even sure he could handle this kind of Jimin brought to the table, but it had been said and he wouldn’t take a step back, this is it, his earlier promise was about to be fulfilled as he leaned in closer to the other.

 

“I’ll go get ready then.” Jimin stoop up and left. Did Jungkook actually say what he thought he did or was it just in his mind again and he was starting to hallucinate? Or maybe it wasn’t enough of a hint for Jimin to understand. What the just happened? Jungkook was left wondering, feeling disappointed he would have to come up with another tense filled situation for that kiss to finally come true.

 

Well, good thing they would go out anyway, dates are bound to have happy endings right? There will be plenty of opportunities. Jungkook sighed and went to get ready as well, thinking of mood setting places he could take Jimin to.

 

Both left the house seeming very excited for the day ahead, Jungkook avoided looking too much at Jimin beside him, knowing he would blush constantly if so. Jimin on the other hand stared nonchalantly at the other’s handsome profile, smiling contently wanting just to bite him for being so cute and shy.

 

“We should go for ice cream, they have this huge place with more than 150 different flavors.” Jungkook said, proud of his decision.

 

“Wow, I love ice cream!” Jimin was so happy, he locked their arms together, leaning his head against Jungkook’s broad shoulder and he almost had to stay on the tip of his toes as the other was inches taller. Jungkook chuckled, feeling butterflies in his stomach with their proximity, if Jimin wasn’t making use of his arm right now, he would have held his hand and walk around like a real couple, well maybe later.

 

Arriving at the parlor they could see a small line of people eager to enjoy the many tastes of the treat, they stood last in the queue, waiting for their time. Jungkook could see a group of boys on the opposite side of the place, weirdly enough they seemed to be staring and pointing at him, whispering to each other. They continued to do so until Jungkook and Jimin had already chosen and paid for the ice cream, having them in hand now, he was starting to feel very nervous, even more when two of them approached them.

 

“I’m sorry, but aren’t you Jin’s little cousin? Jungkook, right?” One of them politely asked and Jungkook felt an instant relief, his first thought was that they might be one of those homophobic freaks who were coming to beat the out of the two boys holding hands at a public place.

 

“Yes, that’s me.” Jungkook answered.

 

“I knew it!” The other of them said, smiling widely. “Last time I saw you, you were so small and had these cute chubby cheeks.” He gestured, pinching his own cheeks.

 

“All grown up now, I barely recognized you.” The seemingly older boy said.

 

“Still cute though.” The cheek guy completed. Jungkook only looked confused, he didn’t really remember either of them.

 

“I am Namjoon and this is Hoseok. We are Jin’s friends.”  Namjoon said.

 

“Oh…” Jungkook now slightly recalled having met them before, long time ago.

 

“Jin is still on that stupid marathon right? How long do you plan on staying, Jungkook?” Namjoon asked.

 

“Yes, he is, and I’ll be here around a month or so.” Jungkook answered.

 

“Is this your boyfriend? He is so cute!” Hoseok said, almost wanting to pinch the other’s cheek as well. Jungkook instantly blushed at the question, but before he could answer Jimin did.

 

“I’m Jimin, nice to meet you.” He extended a hand, and to Jungkook’s shock or pleasure, he didn’t deny being his boyfriend.

 

“You guys should meet the rest of the gang. We could all hang out later.” Hoseok said while Namjoon called the other two boys to join them.

 

“These are Yoongi and Taehyung.” Yoongi nodded and Taehyung smiled, especially at Jungkook, which he found a little weird.

 

“We were about to go to the lake, maybe have some drinks or something, would you like to join us?” Namjoon offered.

 

“Sure.” Jungkook agreed. It wasn’t exactly what he had planned to do, but a lake sure sounded romantic enough and even though these guys would be around, they already thought Jimin to be his boyfriend anyway, so a kiss would not be off putting. Bottom line was that kiss was definitely happening today.

 

 

------------

A/N: My computer decided to play the jerk and I pretty much lost days of writing, so next update will take some time, hope you guys continue following the story, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS! <3