We're on the right track - Chapter 4

We're on the right track

Jungkook walked around the small town, stopping here and there to appreciate the vintage feel of the buildings and nice little cute things he found displayed on shop windows. He knows he’s just pretending to stroll about like a tourist, because he’s damn sure exactly where he wants to go, but can only let his feelings of embarrassment and uncertainty beat stronger.

 

Taking slow steps at the time made it easier to control his body over his emotions, it was a fact that he had come here to relax, but since the minute he laid his eyes upon Jimin’s perfect features his insides were nothing but a turmoil raising his anxiety levels to the roof. Not exactly what you would call a relaxing time, and in the end there wasn’t much he could do about it, his feet were acting on their own accord and they just sent him straight to the place he was supposed to be right now.

 

He looked around the station, a few dims lights were still on, but it felt pretty much like a ghost location as he saw no one around. He stared at the old bench Jimin sat before and his heart turned heavy for a moment. The other was probably miles and miles ahead, half way through his journey to wherever he had intended to go.

 

Just to make sure Jungkook walked all the way till the platform’s end and decided to go around the back of the station, the path was less steep anyway. The hairs from his arms all stood up when behind of the seats he saw a familiar figure lying down.

 

Jungkook almost felt like running towards it, but considered it would be a bit of an exaggerated action. So he calmly strolled in that direction, opening his mouth into a large smile seeing the pretty boy with eyes closed and resting his head on top of his dirty old bag.

 

He took his time pondering whether to wake Jimin up or not, he wanted to talk to him, but the other  was looking like an angel right now, even if he was about to drool all over his chin at any moment,  in a way it looked very cute. And his lips slightly parted made them very kissable to Jungkook.

 

“Hey there stalker.”  Jimin’s low sleepy voice rang through Jungkook’s ear and he looked up to meet the other’s gaze.

 

“Hey there sleeping beauty.” Jungkook says, not feeling the need to defend himself this time or pretend he wasn’t just caught in the act, in return he just smiled. “I thought you were long gone by now.” He added.

 

“I thought I would be too.” Jimin seats up, scratching his head. “It didn’t work out.”

 

“Did no one come to talk to you?” Jungkook asked, annoyed as he thought there was a lack of professionalism coming from the station’s employees.

 

“Yes, they did, but couldn’t solve my problem.” Jimin pouted.

 

“How come? It seemed fairly easy.” Jungkook couldn’t understand how nobody was able to help.

 

“The guy said that if I wanted to go back I’d have to pay for another ticket, and that was an even bigger problem.” Jimin explained.

 

“You weren’t planning on returning?” Jungkook questioned.

 

“Yes, I was, I just don’t have the money for it.” Jimin simply said simply, as if it was no big deal.

 

“That seems a bit careless…” Jungkook thought the other should have planned things better.

 

“I was traveling for an interview actually, and they were supposed to pay my ticket back, but since I’ve slept through my station, I couldn’t get there, so no money.” Jimin explained everything step by step.

 

“Oh, that’s bad. I’m sorry, I’m under someone’s care here so I also didn’t bring enough money with me. If not, I would have certainly helped.” Jungkook felt bad for not being able to do anything for Jimin.

 

“Aren’t you sweet?” Jimin smiled at Jungkook, enjoying the kindness of the other.
 

“And what are you going to do?” Jungkook sounded concern.

 

“I’ll just give a call to my roommate and he will come pick me up.” Jimin answered.

 

“Will he be here by tomorrow then?” Jungkook tries to ensure that Jimin will be safe.

 

“No, he’s out of the country now, he’ll be back in a few days, and then I’ll call.” Jimin says as if the situation were not an issue at all.

 

“What? You can’t be here waiting this long!” Jungkook is shocked by Jimin’s lack of care.

 

“What choice do I have? Those s don’t want to help me.” Jimin shrugged in defeat.

 

“You can stay with me if you want.” Jungkook quickly offers.

 

“Hum, don’t you have someone you said was taking care of you to check if that’s even a possibility first?” Jimin questions, thinking that the other might have been a little hasty.

 

“Oh, he won’t mind, he’s out of town anyway.” Jungkook ensures Jimin.

 

“In that case, I’ll take your offer.” Jimin smiles, happy to find someone as nice and kind as Jungkook.

 

“Good, let’s go then.” The taller one says as he stands up and leads the way.

 

“You’re my hero Jungkook-ah!”  Jimin exclaims, throwing his backpack over his shoulder and lacing his arms with Jungkook’s, and the other couldn’t help blushing hearing his name out of Jimin’s lips, ‘He remembers my name.’ Jungkook shyly thought.