Chapter 9

Double Trouble

 

 

 

 

The next day Jinki woke up with his arms feeling slightly numb. After a few steady breaths he slowly opened his eyes and looked down, a lazy smile spreading across his face at the sight of two men soundly sleeping on his chest. They were all still in the position the feel asleep in, Jongin tightly hugging his right arm and Taemin lying on the left one. He felt warmth spread through his veins, he leaned a tiny bit forward to kiss the tops of the messy heads in front of him but the younger men were successfully keeping him pinned to the bed. He pouted resigned and then whispered "I love you" before lying back down and drifting back to sleep.

When he woke up the second time the first thing he saw after opening his eyes was Jongin's smiling face right in front of his.

"You're finally awake hyung." he whispered and pecked Jinki on the cheek. "We're getting ready to leave, hurry up and get out of the bed."

Jinki groaned and put a pillow on his face which was almost immediately stolen by the younger man.

"No strangling yourself hyung. Come on, let's get you up." he grabbed both of Jinki's hands and pulled him up to a sitting position. "Don't try to lie down again or I'll have to use more drastic methods. No matter how cute you are the plane won't wait for you hyung."

The older pouted and groggily looked around the hotel room. "Where's Taem?"

"He's taking a shower. I already took one so you're next." Jongin put his phone charger in his suitcase and then turned to look at Jinki blushing. "I already took one b-but we can still take another one together, y-you know. I-I could help you wash your back or something. S-since you're so sleepy and stuff."

Onew stared at him and blinked a few times cutely. "Do you know that when you have erted thoughts your nostrils become wider?"

Jongin sputtered and covered his nose with his hand, quickly turning away from the older man and going back to packing.

 

 

 

 

Jinki was sitting at the table in their dorm kitchen, his palms sweaty from nervousness and bottom lip red from nipping at it. He invited both Jongin and Taemin without giving them any explanation but they could probably tell what it was all about from how shaky his voice was through the phone. He actually considered giving them his answer when they were still on Jeju but he thought it wouldn't be fair to trap them with him on an island without giving them the possibility to escape. He wanted to make sure that they will be able to just stand up and walk out if that's what they wanted to do after hearing him out.

Suddenly the doorbell rung and Jinki's heart jumped to his throat. He stood up and walked to the door, repeating in his head everything he wanted to say. He pulled the door handle and was greeted with two very uneasy looking smiles.

"Hi hyung." Taemin and Jongin said in unison and Jinki stepped aside to let them in.

"Why did you ring the doorbell? Did you forget the password Taem?" he said as he closed the door and waited for the younger men to take off their shoes.

Taemin looked up at him and laughed awkwardly. "N-no, I just-. I-I don't know."

"...Okay.. I'll go make us some coffee." Jinki said and padded back to the kitchen. He grabbed three mugs from the cupboard and soon Taemin and Jongin were standing awkwardly in the doorway, watching him make the coffee.

Jinki looked at them and then motioned with his head towards the table. "Come on, sit down. What are you standing there for?"

The men did as they were told without a word and Jinki nervously turned his head to look down at the mugs as he was filling them with coffee. "Y-you probably know already but.. I invited you here because I, um, I'm finally ready to give you my answer." he grabbed the mugs and placed them on the table, sitting across from Jongin and Taemin. "I thought about it a lot, I really did and I'm sure that this is what I want. So, um, I guess I'll just get straight to the point." Jinki swallowed hard and he was about to open his mouth to speak when he suddenly felt a shaky hand grab his arm. He lifted his head and saw Jongin staring at him anxiously, his eyes opened wide and face pale.

"W-w-wait." he stuttered. "Give me a second. I'm not ready yet, I'm not-" Jinki was going to reject him, he was sure of that. Why would he choose him? Jinki knew Taemin way better and he was closer to him than to Jongin and he already confessed his love to him, unlike to Jongin. Jinki was going to reject him and he wasn't ready to hear that yet, he wasn't ready to be forced to give up, he wasn't ready to get his heart broken.

Jinki gave him a small smile and covered the younger's hand with his chuckling nervously. "Why do you look so scared? I should be the one to freak out with what I'm about to tell you guys."

It was Taemin's turn to turn pale. "W-wait, you... You're not going to tell us you're actually straight or something like that are you?"

"No, no." he laughed timidly. "But, um, there's something I need to confess to you guys and it's not something I go around telling people so it's extremely nerve wrecking for me, I don't think I've ever been this nervous in my whole life. Haha." he let go of Jongin's hand and tucked a strand of hair behind his ear, his gaze traveling to his lap.

"But first of all I'd like to make sure you guys know that I love you. Both of you. It really wasn't easy to make a decision but I thought about this a lot and I feel like there's only one solution for this situation. I feel like choosing only one of you would do a lot of harm, I know how much you cherish your friendship and it's something I don't wish to ruin. And, to be honest, even if it wasn't for your friendship I still wouldn't be able to make a choice, I love you both and I love different things about you. Choosing one over another is just impossible for me."

"So- A-are you trying to say-..." Taemin's voice cracked and his eyes turned glossy. "N-neither then?"

"...Actually..." Jinki coughed into his fist in a sweat. "I had something different in mind. What I'm about to propose to you guys is a bit-... It's not exactly considered normal and I do know that. I get it so don't feel pressured into doing anything you don't want to do, just reject me if that's not what you want, I'm-, I'm more than prepared for your refusal. You guys are going to think I'm crazy for even suggesting this but I need to give it a try or I might regret it for the rest of my life. So I'll just. Say it." He exhaled slowly, fiddling nervously with his fingers under the table. "I-I have certain-... tendencies and... I can get attracted romantically to more than one person at a time and it kind of happened with the two of you." he cleared his throat feeling it beginning to close on him. "W-what I'm trying to say is that I'm polyamorous and I would like to date you both." he bit his lip and then waited for the judgment with his heart beating furiously inside his ribcage.

A few long seconds passed and not even one word was uttered so Jinki raised his head slowly to look at the younger men in front of him. They were staring back at him, shock clearly written all over their faces. Apart from that he could read nothing else and Jinki's face fell and then he was standing up from his seat, gathering his stuff, his breathing quickening. "O-oh god. I knew I shouldn't- I should have never- This was such a bad idea I'm sorry I'm-"

Jinki's reaction made Taemin snap out of his shock, he stood up quickly and grabbed the older by the wrist. "N-no, wait hyung please don't leave." he gently pulled Jinki back on his seat and then sat down as well. "I'm sorry, I just never thought-... I was just surprised, that's all." he assured, but then complete silence fell over the room once again.

Jinki looked down at his hands and swallowed. "C-can you guys please say something? This is killing me, I-... If this is something you can't accept then just say so, I told you I'm prepared for rejection, I know how a poly relationship sounds like and I know what people think of it. So whether you're going to reject me or not.. J-just say something.. Please."

"I..." Jongin looked up at the older with uncertain eyes finally finding his voice. "I'll be honest with you hyung... A poly relationship hasn't even crossed my mind, when I came here I thought I was gonna hear either my or Taem's name and I didn't think that all this time you were considering something completely different. I-... I don't know how this poly thing works and I can't say that this is my dream come true but I do believe it's worth a try if that means having a chance to be with you."

Onew stared at him with his eyes widened and mouth parted in shock, not being able to comprehend the words he had just heard. Did Jongin just really say yes? To a polyamorous relationship? Just like that?

The younger man smiled at Jinki's dumbfounded expression. "To be honest I never thought-... I just- I thought I had no chance against Taemin. I didn't know why it was taking you so long to make a decision but I thought that no matter what you'll choose him in the end. I did my best and all that but there's no way I can compete with your 10 year relationship. That's why... This is already way more than I expected hyung. I don't know if it will work out but I'll do everything in my power for it to happen."

"Jonginnie..." Jinki almost felt like crying, he felt so moved. He wanted to bend over the table, grab Jongin's face and kiss him all over but he knew there was one more person who needed to say yes in order for things to work. His heart was beating faster and faster as the hope that everything might turn out just the way he wanted started to bloom in his chest. He turned his head expectantly to the other man. "T-taem?"

Taemin on the other hand was avoiding eye contact, his gaze was stuck on his drink, face looking guilty. "I-if... If I say no..." he croaked out "..are you going to date just him?"

Jinki's mouth twitched downwards before he gave the younger man a sad smile. "No Minnie... It's either the two of you or neither. So don't feel pressured or anything, just give me your honest answer."

Taemin bit his lip and his eyes immediately filled with tears. "I-I can't do this. I-I love you hyung, so much, but I don't like this idea. W-what if when dating both of us you realize you like Jongin more than me and that you don't want me in your relationship anymore? I hate this, I don't want to live worrying about being left behind every time you go out with him. I can't do this, I can't-" he blabbered with tears streaming down his cheeks.

Onew extended his hand and wiped the younger man's eyes with his thumb adoringly. Taemin hardly ever cried and that's why when he did Jinki could tell how much the situation was affecting him, how much he cared. "Minnie this is not how a poly relationship works. I'm sorry baby, I guess I should've made myself clearer." he gently Taemin's face before retracting his hand and placing it on his chest. "I love you. Both of you. And it's really not about who I love more or whatever because this is not how I see things." he sighed and scratched his head in thought. "Let me put it like this, I love you both for different qualities you guys have and the little things you do and I need them all to be truly happy. So unless I want to make myself miserable I won't give up on either of you. Okay? The polyamorous relationship thing is not a competition I hold so that I can pick the final victor somewhere in the future. It's quite the opposite actually, I want to date you both because I don't want to lose either of you. I love you both and I need you both by my side to be happy."

Taemin hiccuped and then hesitantly looked up at Jinki from under his fringe. "Promise?"

Onew leaned a bit closer to the younger man and softly tipped his chin up with his thumb and forefinger making their eyes meet. "I promise." he said, both his voice and gaze full of sincerity.

Taemin his lips and then looked down, suddenly feeling a bit shy under his hyung's intense stare. He thought for a longer while and then lifted his head once again after making up his mind. "O-okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay, I'm willing to try this poly thing out."

Jinki bit his bottom lip feeling his eyes getting moist. He sprang up from his chair and scooted to the younger men, hugging them and peppering kisses all over their faces.

"But on one condition." Taemin said and Jinki pulled away to look at him.

"Whatever you want baby."

Taemin smoothed his hair down and turned to look at the man sitting beside him with a frown. "Jongin's is going nowhere near my ."

"E-eh?" Jinki's eyes almost went out of his sockets. That he did not expect to hear.

"Oh please.." Kai rolled his eyes and then squinted at his friend. "Don't flatter yourself. Like I'd want to stick my in your nasty little ."

"U-um, you g-guys-.."

"Well I wouldn't let that happen anyway! From today on my belongs to Jinki hyung and Jinki hyung only!"

Jinki felt his head spin, face turning beet red. "W-wha-"

"Well my butthole belongs to Jinki hyung only too! Hyung, you like mine better than his, right?"

"You wish! Jinki hyung, tell him!"

Jinki was right on the verge of passing out when his gaze locked with Minho's who was standing awkwardly in the hall, his backpack in his hand and an expression of grand regret on his face. "Please tell me I did not hear what I think I just heard. Are buttholes and butts some kind of coded message you guys agreed on? I'll give you a chance to explain yourself this time, I'm in desperate need to unhear everything from one minute back. For the sake of my sanity."

Jinki pursed his lips together and sent Minho an apologetic look, shaking his head no.

Minho exhaled resigned and slowly proceeded to drag his feet to his room muttering something about the impossible timing and gay debauchery in the dorm.

Jinki sighed and then turned back to the still bickering younger men with a huge smile and inviting arms. "So! Who wants to give their new boyfriend a kiss?"

Jongin and Taemin's heads turned in his direction at the speed of light. They blinked at him once before both of them threw themselves at the older man, their lips puckered and ready for action.

"Ew ew ew ew, my mouth touched Jongin's!" Taemin whined as he pulled away and wiped his lips with his sleeve. "Don't go for Jinki hyung's lips at the same time as I do!"

Jongin pouted. "But I wanted to kiss him on the lips too."

Taemin put his hand on his hip, his eyes softening. "Well then you can wait for your turn. Don't make things gross from the very start."

Jinki grinned and grabbed both of their faces, one hand each. "I love you guys so so much." He quickly kissed them both and when he pulled away and saw their beaming faces he could say for sure he had never felt happier in his whole life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


That's the end you guys.....

BUT! As you can see I did not mark the story complete and that's because I was thinking about writing a sequel. It would be more than one chapter for sure and I want to ask you guys: would you be interested in reading that?

If you guys won't say anything or say you want the story to end here I'll mark the story complete. I might or might not post a sequel as a separate fic.

So tell me what you think about this chapter and the sequel thing in the comments. Thank you and bye bye <3