Chapter 8

Double Trouble

 

 

 

"Hyung!" Jongin smiled sunnily the second the door in from of him opened.

"Oh, you're here. Come inside, we're leaving as soon as Minho finishes packing his stuff." Onew stepped aside and let the younger man inside the dorm. "We're going to pick up Taem, Jonghyun and Kibum on the way to the airport. Did you pack everything you need?" he asked and led Kai to the living room.

"Yeah, or, well, at least I think I did." 

Onew nodded and plopped down on the couch. "The photo shoot will take a while, so you can either stay and watch or go sightseeing or something until we're done."

Kai shook his head. "I'll stay, to be honest I'm not too good at spending time on my own, it'd be too boring to walk around by myself."

"Okay then." Jinki smiled and ran his fingers through his freshly blow dried hair. "Oh and by the way, our manager didn't know you were coming with us when he was booking the rooms so we're short on one bed."

"No problem hyung." Jongin puckered his lips and his nostrils flared as he thought of something. "M-maybe... I could, um, maybe s-share one with you?" He wanted to sound casual but his true thoughts came out on par with his reddened cheeks and the stutter in his voice.

Jinki grinned at Jongin's cuteness. "Actually I was thinking you could share a bed with Taem, you know, it's not like I mind sharing one with you or anything but I have a feeling he might protest against it."

"Oh." Kai looked down at his hands and his bottom lip jutted out. "Okay."

"Hey. Don't look so let down." Jinki tapped Jongin under the chin and smiled. "If you and Taem don't reach an agreement the three of us can always just sleep together."

"I swear I have the worst timing ever." Minho sighed and put his suitcase on the ground with a small thud. "Spare me a bit you guys I really don't need to hear about your nasty plans for the night."

Jinki turned his head around. "Oh, you're done packing? And don't worry we were just talking about-"

"No." Minho shook his head. "Say no more, I won't let you steal the last bits of innocence I have left in me. Keep your debauchery to yourself."

The leader rolled his eyes and then tapped Jongin's thigh. "Let's go."

 

 

 

 

 

"Good job everyone! You've worked hard!"

Jongin lifted himself from the sand and waited for Jinki to finish bowing to the staff. "Hyung! You were really really cool! Totally awesome! And very handsome!"

Onew grinned and came closer to the younger man before extending his hand and ruffling his hair. "Thanks, and sorry you had to wait so long, I didn't know I was the last member to have the solo shoot." he pouted. "Ready to go?"

"Um." Jongin scratched his cheek and looked up at Jinki shyly from under his fringe. "A-aren't you going to remove your makeup first?" That smoky eye shadow and mussed hair combo on Jinki was honestly giving him a hard time concentrating.

"Does it bother you? I can remove it, just give me a few minutes. I'll be right back."

"No, no!" Kai waved his arms around in panic. "It doesn't bother me at all, at least not in the way you think it does. Y-you just look b-breathtaking. You know. L-literally." he put a hand on his chest and stared at the older with flushed face.

Jinki froze for 2 seconds before he sputtered and looked away, the tips of his ears red. When he collected himself he looked up at the younger smiling, a slight blush still visible on his cheeks. "I'm too old for this, you're going to give me a heart attack you know?" he chuckled. "Let's go get Taem, we'll stop by the stylists on our way, they should have some makeup remover."

 

 

 

 

Soft evening breeze was gently brushing against Jinki's skin as he was sitting on the sand, his warm gaze stuck on Taemin and Jongin. They were bringing him pretty seashells and rocks from the sea in turns and he was slowly starting to run out of pockets to store them.

He looked down at the rock he was rolling absentmindedly between his fingers, a heart shaped one Jongin was really proud of and one that got Taemin digging like crazy in search for something better. He sighed and looked up at the sky. He promised himself he would just enjoy his stay here and forget about all his worries but as he was sitting on this beach everything was coming back to him. He couldn't prolong this any more, he had to get his together and finally make a decision.

"So hyung! I didn't know you were running a kindergarten."

Jinki looked to his right and felt the sand dip beside him as Jonghyun sat down. He scrunched up his nose. "Ha-ha, very funny."

"I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it's cute how they act so childlike around you. And I swear to god when they look at you their eyes turn into little hearts like in those cartoons."

Right on call Jongin run over to them and presented Jinki with his new find, his eyes all sparkly and waiting to be praised.

"Wow it's an amber!" Onew smiled and Jongin showed a toothy grin in response. "It's really pretty, thank you."

Jongin nodded satisfied and then run off to resume his search.

"Minho told me everything. You're probably having a hard time choosing between them aren't you?"

Onew smiled sadly and lowered his head. "Yeah. Yeah I am. But as I'm sitting here... I feel like I've known the answer from the very beginning. I just can't ruin their friendship, I know how much they love and need each other and if I chose one of them I feel like I'd destroy everything between them." he clenched his jaw as he felt his eyes sting. "I think- I think at this point the only right thing to do is to reject both of them. We'd go back to the way we were before, it can work right? They'll get over it soon, they have each other after all."

"What are you talking about hyung? I don't know about Jongin but Taem will not get over it, you and I both know it. If he could get over you he would've done so somewhere in those past 9 years. And if you think choosing just one of them is not an option then isn't the obvious solution to date them both? And I know for a fact that you're very much into that so there you go!"

Jinki looked at him questioning and then his eyes widened in shock as he realized something. "O-oh god. H-how did you-..."

Jonghyun smirked. "How did I know you were polyamorous? Let's just say it's always been kind of obvious that you're a man with a lot of love to share. And you seemed to enjoy Taem and Jongin's courtship thoroughly so yeah."

"So..." the older glanced at him nervously and then down at his hands. "You're not freaked out by it?"

Jonghyun laughed and tapped Jinki's nose playfully. "I think you should know better by now hyung. Don't you know that my motto is 'different doesn't mean wrong'? And, well, you're very different. Not only are you polyamorous but also-.. hmm. What are you really? Gay? Bi? Pan? Man, that would actually explain a lot, especially how you're always flirting with pretty much everything that moves."

Onew scrunched up his nose. "Are you in cahoots with Minho? Because I swear he used the same words two days ago. And for your information I'm very much gay."

"Oooh. So..." Jonghyun grinned and leaned a bit closer to the older man. "..which one are you in this relationship? The taker or the giver? Or maybe you're both? Man, that would be really cool, maybe you guys could do that train thing where you'd be in the middle and-."

"Oh my god!" Jinki screeched and slapped a hand over Jonghyun's mouth. "Don't you dare utter one more word or I swear to god I will cause an early demise of your erted ."

"Chill hyung." Jonghyun said into Jinki's hand and then stuck out his tongue wetting his skin with saliva.

"Ew, oh my god Jjong you're so nasty!" the older retracted his hand hurriedly and wiped it on his pants.

"Anyway, now that we know this and that, are you going to tell them you want to date them both?"

Jinki lifted his head and looked at Taemin and Jongin running around and laughing. "...No. I may be poly and I might like the idea of dating more than one person but it doesn't mean they feel the same way. I don't want to take advantage of what they feel for me and force them into a relationship they would feel uncomfortable being in. And... judging from the way they told me to pick between them I'd risk to say that they're against such measures."

"First of all hyung, just because you're dating both of them doesn't mean they need to date each other too. They just need to accept that they're not the only ones in your life which can be hard, yes, but it might be worth a shot you know. And them telling you to choose one of them doesn't mean they'd say no to a poly relationship, maybe they just didn't think this was a possibility. If I were you I'd stop looking for stupid excuses hyung. Quit being a wimp and ask them out."

Jinki bit his bottom lip and then sighed. "I don't know Jjong... I.. I'll think about it."

"I don't think you realize how lucky you are hyung. You have two total hotties chasing after you, you know that right? And they're both head over heels for you, even now they keep glancing at you every few seconds when you're not looking."

Jinki's head snapped up and he noticed both Jongin and Taemin quickly looking away. Cute.

Suddenly Jonghyun snickered to himself as he came up with an idea. "Hey hyung wanna see what will happen if I kiss you? I bet they'll come running." he grinned baring his teeth.

Jinki was about to say no thanks but before he was able to open his mouth Jonghyun's face was already in front of his and he squeezed his eyes shut instinctively. He felt a soft press of lips against his and when the younger man pulled away he couldn't help but look curiously at the pair in the distance. They were standing completely frozen like they couldn't believe what they had just seen and then both of them were running madly in his direction.

"Told ya." Jonghyun smirked and leaned back with a satisfied look on his face waiting for things to unravel.

"Wha-. Why-. You can't just-" Taemin wheezed at Jonghyun angrily while Jongin helped Jinki stand up and then hid him behind himself. "He's ours!" Taemin growled pointing his finger and then grabbed Jinki's right hand while Jongin grabbed the other one and they dragged the older man away from the obnoxiously laughing Jonghyun.

"Are you okay hyung?" Taemin asked after they walked a bit further away.

Onew chuckled at the concerned expression on the younger's face. "Of course I'm fine Taeminnie, it's not like he hurt me or something, it was just a kiss."

"Why didn't you push him away?" Kai questioned, his brows furrowed.

"It happened really fast so I didn't really have time to react and.. to be honest I didn't really mind?"

Taemin and Kai stopped abruptly and looked at Jinki dumbfounded. "What?"

"Um." Jinki looked down and scratched his ear uneasily. "I-I mean, it's just Jonghyun, and besides he was just fooling around, it's not a big deal. Really."

Jongin pouted. "It is a big deal hyung, you can't just let anyone kiss you like that. It's dangerous, for a second I thought I was going to sock Jonghyun hyung in the face."

Jinki looked at him motionless for a while and then burst out laughing, hands on his stomach and tears wetting his eyelashes. "Man, I'd love to see that!"

"Hyung~" Jongin whined, stomping his feet and Jinki calmed down a little bit, wiping his eyes with his index finger.

He smiled warmly and put a hand on the younger man's head. "I'm sorry. I won't let him do that again." He said and then proceeded to peck both Jongin and Taemin on the lips. "Are we cool now?"

Taemin only swallowed hard and Jongin stared at Jinki completely breathless with his mouth slightly ajar. They blushed and then nodded bashfully and Jinki's heart stuttered in his chest when he realized what he had just done. It felt natural to him, for a second he had forgotten he wasn't dating either of them. Not yet at least.

But this was who he was. This was what made him happy. This was what he wanted.

And he was going to try and make it work if he's given a chance.

 

 

 

 

 


 

One more chapter to go and this fic will reach it's end! Although I thought you guys might want a few more chapters so I'm going to ask you guys about this in the next chapter.

As of now, thanks for reading! Please comment and upvote, I'll see you guys soon ^^