Chapter 5

Double Trouble

 

 

Onew plopped down on the couch next to Minho and made himself comfortable next to the man. He stayed quiet, staring at the blank spot on the wall above the TV, ocasionally stealing glances at the younger. After a few minutes when he didn't manage to get any kind of reaction from the man, he turned his head and then began staring at him intensely, clearing his throat from time to time purposefully.

Minho ignored him. It's better not to get involved in this he thought as he picked up the remote control and turned the sound up to let Jinki know that no, he wasn't going to take part in this mess. His resolution crumbled a few long minutes later when the older's piercing gaze started to become pretty much unbearable. He glanced to the right and immediately noticed the 'do ask me what's up' expression on the leader's face. This can't be good he thought, then casually looked around the room before his eyes traveled back to the soccer match he was watching as if he didn't see Jinki at all. The older pouted, his brows furrowing, and nudged the younger with his arm, still staring at him with a heated gaze.

Minho rolled his eyes and then sighed turning the TV off. He could resist all he wanted but when it came to Jinki he could never say no in the end. "What's up hyung?"

"I think Taemin and Jongin are dating." he blurted out before the younger managed to finish his sentence. He swallowed and run his hand through his hair in distress. "Or, I don't know, maybe they just have feelings for each other and don't know how to deal with them? But one thing's for sure: there's definitely something going on between them."

Minho stared at him, his eyes clearly showing surprise. "Oh? That's some news you've got there hyung. Are you sure though? I've always thought that Taemin-..." he bit his tongue right in time. It wasn't his place to talk about this. "...Never mind."

"Taemin what?" Onew urged, curious.

"It's really nothing hyung. Anyway, what makes you think there's something going on? Did something happen?"

"Yes, actually." Onew his lips and leaned back against the backrest, tapping his fingers on his knee. "Whenever I meet with Jongin or Taem they turn stiff when I mention the other. And when I told Taem I went out with Jongin for a walk he became totally sulky, you should've seen his face Minho, it's really not something you see every day. And when Jongin found out that Taem and I have couple bracelets he became really upset too. Also, yesterday Taem questioned me whether I liked Jongin in that way and stuff. I think he's feeling threatened by me because I spend so much time with him lately..." Onew lowered his head and rubbed the back of his neck wincing. "And... I think Taemin's really angry with me. He literally stormed out on me yesterday."

"Taemin did?" Minho blinked confused. "Why? Did you do something?"

"I-... Taemin asked me whether I liked Jongin more than him and I... couldn't answer? Then he got really mad and I scolded him and it just became a huge mess..."

"Damn hyung." Minho bit his bottom lip in thought. "To be completely honest I kind of understand him, I mean, you guys have always been super close and you've known each other for a really long time. He probably feels betrayed and I don't think you can blame him for that." he patted Onew's thigh and smiled apologetically. "And, like, I understand that you and Jongin might have became really close but I don't think your relationship with Taemin can be compared to that. You should've been able to answer that question hyung... Why didn't you?"

Onew threw his head back and squeezed his eyes shut. "I... don't know Minho. It's just that Taem and Jongin are two completely different people, how can you ask me who I like more? Both of them have different charms and personalities, comparing them just doesn't feel right. And is pretty much impossible for that matter."

Minho shuffled a bit closer to the older and grinned feeling his chances grow. "Then... who do you like more, me or Taemin?"

"Taemin." Onew replied immediately and then smiled sunnily.

"You're such an hyung." the younger grunted making a face. "Why do I even bother, it's been him from the very beginning. And I should sue you hyung, aren't you supposed to love each member equally as a leader?"

Onew pouted innocently. "But I do love all of you guys equally. It's just that I love Taeminnie a little more."

"You're not making any sense hyung."

"Well, neither are you Choi!" Onew crossed his arms over his chest and sank deeper into the couch. He knew that his answers were not exactly coherent but it wasn't like it was his fault, was it? He didn't even understand himself clearly, he was confused and he didn't even know how he felt about everything that had happened lately. How can a person like this actually make sense?

"Well, whatever you say hyung... Anyway, why are you telling me all this?"

"I just needed to get it off my chest? I guess? It's kind of hard to find out that your maknae is having a thing with their male best friend and keep it to yourself. Besides I kind of need some advice on Taem... I want to make up with him but I don't really know how to approach him. I didn't change my mind about the thing he got mad about and I won't lie just to make things okay between us.. I really don't know what to do." he his lips nervously and played with the bracelets tied around his wrist. For some reason he felt really anxious and he could say for sure he was uncomfortable with the turn things were taking with Jongin and Taemin. 

"Hyung do you..." Minho started hesitantly. "...do you perhaps dislike the thought of them having feelings for each other? Of them dating?"

Bingo.

Onew hunched and lowered his head as his cheeks burned in shame. He didn't want to admit it, even to himself, but he couldn't deny it anymore, having heard it coming from someone else's mouth. He was selfish and greedy and he wanted both Taemin and Jongin's attention, he wanted them to keep asking him out, to smile at him and blush because of him, he wanted them to like him more than they liked each other and... and that just wasn't right. He bent over and hid his face in his arms feeling completely disgusted with himself. His selfishness was probably ruining a one-in-a-lifetime kind of friendship and maybe even something more. If he was a good person he'd back off and let them do their thing but he wasn't, and the longer this thing lasted the more selfish he grew, the harder he found it to let Jongin and Taemin go.

"Hyung..." Minho reached out and rubbed the older's back soothingly. There was nothing he could do for him right now as Jinki didn't want to reveal everything to him and he wasn't going to pry. "It's going to be fine, you just need to take a step back and look from a bigger perspective. You might be missing something very important." he smiled warmly and threaded his fingers into Onew's hair before beginning to lightly massage his scalp with his fingertips.

 

 

 

 

 

"T-taemincomeoverIneedtotellyousomething." Kai blurted out into the phone.

"What? Clover? What clover?" Taemin asked confused.

"Come over not clover. I'mwaiting." he hung up.

 

 

 

"You did what?!!" Taemin bolted from his friend's bed with a scandalized look on his face, his fists balled up at his sides.

"I kissed him." Kai repeated quietly, holding his arms ready in case he was going to get attacked. "And I told him I liked him. I'm not sure whether he got the message though..."

Taemin clenched his jaw, his nostrils flaring from anger. "You're ing unbelievable. You promised me you'd wait!"

The other man grabbed Taemin by the wrist and tugged him back onto the bed to calm him down. "I did wait Taem. And I couldn't help it, the situation was very suitable and the atmosphere was perfect so I thought now or never and decided to go for it."

Taemin's brows furrowed and a few seconds later he bit his bottom lip to prevent himself from crying. "You're the worst, I can't believe you kissed him first. You're such a cheater. I liked him first." he sniffled and looked down at his hands. Not only did Kai manage to make Jinki like him more than him but he also managed to steal a kiss before Taemin did. This was wrong, everything was not how it was supposed to be, he felt as if he was just a few steps away from losing Jinki completely.

"C-come on it's nothing that big." Kai laughed awkwardly, feeling really guilty after seeing his friend's teary eyes. 

Taemin shot him a freezing cold glare. "Nothing that big? Of course. It's nothing that big to you. It's not like you spent years dreaming about kissing him before someone just went for it like it was the easiest thing to do in the world." he spat out and then hid his face in his palms. Why were things going this way? Why was he getting pushed aside? Why was he fighting with Jinki while Kai was stealing kisses and slowly stealing Jinki away from him?

"Give me something to drink." he mumbled into his hands.

"Drink?" Kai's ears perked up. "What do you want? We have cola, orange juice, bottled water, stra-"

"Not that. Soju, do you have soju?"

"Um... W-we do, actually, some fans gave us a few bottles during yesterday's fansigning. But, um, do you think it's a good idea to drink in that state?" Kai asked, trying not to anger his friend any more, keeping his tone soft.

"What state? There's no state, I want to get a drink and you're going to drink with me." Taemin said and when his friend didn't even budge he lifted his head to see a worried look on the other man's face. He sighed and then smiled softly. "Come on, I'm fine, don't worry about anything. I just want to get a drink with my friend, is it so weird?"

Kai smiled back. "No, I guess not." he stood up from the bed, suddenly feeling a little excited. "Wait here, I'm going to get everything. And then we can get hammered!" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Onew was peacefully reading a book in his bed when he heard some crashing noises in the hall. He sat up a little bit and strained his ears trying to make sure it wasn't some burglar or anything of that sort when the door to his room flew open revealing a very unsteady looking Taemin.

"T-taem? What's going on, what were those noise-" Onew didn't manage to finish because the younger stomped hurriedly in his direction and then he was suddenly in his lap, straddling him.

"H-hey, Taem what are you doing? Um." he let out a shaky breath and then he smelled it. Alcohol. "Are you drunk?"

"Hyung..." the younger whispered and then looked up at Onew from under his fringe, revealing his dark, dark glossy eyes. He reached up and cupped the leader's face in his hands before leaning closer and resting their foreheads together.

Onew's head was spinning, he had no idea what the hell was happening and for sure he didn't know what to do when Taemin softly kissed his forehead and then dived lower, aiming for the soft skin on his neck.

"How could you let him do that? I wanted to be the first-..." the younger slurred, making Jinki shiver as his warm breath ghosted against the sensitive patch of skin behind his ear. 

"W-wha-at are you-" What was he talking about? Was that about Jongin kissing him? Was he angry because he took Jongin's first kiss? That couldn't have been Jongin's first kiss right?   

Taemin mouthed eagerly at Jinki's neck, at it, bit it softly and the older's vision was beginning to get cloudy, his sober mind slowly slipping away, giving way to lust. A moan slipped past his lips when the younger fisted his hair, dragging his nails down his scalp until they reached his nape. Onew put his hands on Taemin's hips - to push him away or pull him closer - he didn't know.

"Hyung..."

, did Taemin just grind down on him?

Onew didn't know what to do, he felt his muscles getting weaker and weaker as the younger abused his neck, his heart was beating dangerously fast and his breathing was getting more and more rapid. His grip on the other man's hips tightened when he felt Taemin move once again against him, the bed underneath them creaking.

"Let me have you." Taemin whispered against his neck, his chest heaving and Onew's heart jumped to his throat. "Let me have you hyung..."

"T-tae-" Onew's skin was starting to burn with heat, Taemin kissed his way up the older's neck, along his jaw, before reaching his lips. Onew felt the younger's wet tongue enter his mouth when-

"Hyung I think- Oh ."

Onew's gaze flew to the door where stood Minho, currently covering his mouth with his hand in shock. 

"Oh , oh , damn."  Minho was flailing his arms around having no idea what to do with himself.

Onew's cheeks turned beet red as he was uselessly trying to think of some kind of excuse when Taemin slipped off his lap and run away from the room. The leader covered his crotch with a pillow and looked up at Minho pleadingly.

The younger coughed awkwardly and excused himself.

Great. Just great.

 

 

 

 

 

 


What? A new chapter??

Yeah, I had some free time and I felt really happy reading your comments so here it is!! I hoped you liked it and thank you again for listening to my whining and leaving those wonderful comments under the previous chapter. You guys rock!