Chapter 7

Double Trouble

 

 

 

"So hyung!" Minho chirped and Onew jumped from his seat, bumping his shin into the coffee table in the process.

"Goddamnit Minho, can you stop sneaking up on people? And can you please make more noise when you're entering the dorm, stop acting like a freaking ghost!" he shot the younger an annoyed look while rubbing his aching leg.

"Age is a heavy burden, it's not my fault you're getting deaf hyung." Minho shrugged and plopped onto the couch.

Onew grunted and sat back. "Didn't you say you had something extremely important to take care of? Why are you here?"

"That extremely important thing was waiting outside the building until you guys are done with whatever you were doing. I saw Taem and Jongin leaving so my mission has ended."

The older scrunched up his nose. "You waited outside until they left? That's stupid."

"You know what's even more stupid? Walking in on a gay starring two of my band members." 

Onew's jaw dropped, his eyes going cross-eyes and then he almost started hyperventilating as images began popping up in his head.

Minho sent him a weirded out look. "You okay there hyung? Anyway..." he shifted in his seat to face the other man properly. "As a person involved in whatever is happening between you three I demand an explanation as well as all the hot details."

Onew cleared his throat and smoothed down his hair in attempt to collect himself. "I can't see how you're involved in this situation so I don't think I need to carry on with this conversation anymore."

"Excuuuse me." Minho said and put a hand on the older's chest to stop him from getting up. "I have been scarred for life because you guys don't know how to lock the damned door! I have seen things, hyung. And one of them was your poking our maknae's while you were each other's faces so yeah, I think I am involved in this situation."

"That's-... well." The older blushed slightly and ducked his head shoving his hands into the pockets of his pants. "...What do you want to know?"

Minho smirked satisfied and his eyes sparkled devilishly. "Everything." his grin grew bigger as Onew swallowed hard, his pupils wide and a little shifty. "But first things first hyung. To be honest I'm a bit surprised, I never thought you'd turn out to be such a playboy. Well, actually that's not really true, especially with the way you're flirting with pretty much everything that moves, but, I'm still surprised."

"Wha- I do not flirt with everything that moves!"

Minho rolled his eyes. "Oh please hyung. You're always all 'oh look, I'm all cute and stuff and I'm going to drown you in my honey voice and then I'm going to give you my 100 watt smile and even my bad puns won't stop you from falling for me'. Don't try to deny it, I have all SHINee members to admit that they have fallen victim to your cruel methods."

"This is ridiculous, I seriously have no idea what you're talking abou-"

"Whatever hyung, that's not what matters now anyway. Tell me what's going on between you three. Because first you say Jongin and Taem are dating or something like that, then I walk in on you and Taem doing some freaky stuff in bed and now it turns out you have another iron in the fire."

"Well, um.." Onew scratched his head and then rested his hand on the back of his neck. "I was wrong about Taem and Jongin dating, and um. A-actually the both of them kind of confessed to me?" he blushed and began playing with his fingers.

"Seriously??" Minho's eyes widened and he leaned a bit closer to the older man. "Does it mean.. Taem.. Did Taem confess to you too??"

"Yeah, that's usually what 'both' means, Minho." Onew muttered.

The younger man jumped from the couch and threw his fist into the air. "I freaking knew it! I freaking knew it hyung! All this time- man! Finally!"

"What? What's up with that?"

"Absolutely nothing hyung!" Minho beamed and then did a small victory dance. "Man! I can't believe it, this is awesome!" he threw himself back on the couch and held Jinki's hand in excitement. "So what now? Are you guys dating or what?"

Onew sighed and squeezed the younger's hand lightly. "I don't think so. They told me to choose between them and give them an answer when I'm ready." he bit his lip  anxiously and lowered his head.

"Oh." Minho's smile dropped when he noticed Jinki didn't share his joy. "Still, hyung. Don't you think this is like some high school drama? You're the heroine and you have two flower boys fighting over you. Except you're all guys!"

Onew pouted at that and Minho ruffled his hair affectionately. "So hyung... Do you like it? The two of them confessing to you?"

"I-..." Jinki blushed, his gaze stuck on his lap as he swallowed hard. The tips of his ears reddened. "I love it." he breathed out.

Minho snorted and threw himself on the older man, laughing like a mad man. "Oh, hyung~" he hugged Jinki tightly and giggled into his neck. 

"What's the occasion?" 

Minho's and Onew's heads turned to the man towering over them.

"Jonghyun hyung! You got here just in time!" Minho grinned and properly sat on the couch. "You won't believe it when I tell you what happened! Usually I'd play some guessing games with you but damn, this thing can't wait. Taemin confessed to Jinki hyung!"

"Minho!" Onew scolded but it went totally unnoticed.

Jonghyun's jaw dropped, eyes widening to the limit. "B-but, like confessed-confessed?! THE confession?! THE confession where you confess that-.."

Minho nodded excited and Jonghyun covered his mouth in shock. "Oh my god!" he screeched and jumped in place a few times. "Did he-" he glanced at Jinki and then back at the taller man. "Did he say yes?"

"Why are you talking like I'm not in the room." Jinki interrupted but went ignored again.

Minho stood up and grabbed Jonghyun's hand. "That's a bit complicated. Let's leave Jinki hyung right here and go gossip behind his back in my room."

"Hey!" Onew protested scrunching up his nose but Minho only sent him a few kissy faces and then dragged Jonghyun away.

 

 

 

 

"I'm home!"

Onew's heart jumped when he heard Taemin's voice coming from the hall. He started fiddling with his hands and waited for the maknae to come to the living room.

"Oh, you're here hyung."

Onew lifted his head and looked at Taemin. He was staring down at his feet, blushing, avoiding eye contact. The leader stood up from the couch. "Let's go talk in my room, the hyenas are in the dorm."

Taemin looked up. "Jonghyun hyung and Minho hyung?"

Onew smiled widely and his eyes sparkled. "Yeah."

 

 

Onew sat down on his bed and Taemin joined him, albeit a little uncertainly. He didn't dare to look the older in the eyes, now that he had confessed he felt so vulnerable, , with his heart on his sleeve.

"You know, I talked with Minho a while ago and he said something that caught my attention." Jinki started cautiously. "Um, how do I ask this, I-..." he scratched his head and then sighed when he couldn't find the right words.

Taemin smiled. "You don't have to be so careful hyung, just ask. I'll tell you everything you want to know, the biggest thing has already come out and at this point I feel like I owe you an explanation."

Onew nodded and swallowed dry. "H-how long?"

The younger hummed softly and leaned back, propping himself with his arms. "I don't think it would be an exaggeration if I said 'since forever'" he looked at Jinki and chuckled at the shocked expression on the man's face. "Don't look so surprised hyung, it'll make me feel bad."

Onew immediately fixed his expression but didn't say anything.

"At first... I didn't really know at first. I felt you were special to me but you were also very talented, nice and well-mannered, I thought it was just strong respect. But then I kind of started wondering what that would feel like to kiss you and I figured it was something much more." Taemin laughed warmly and Onew felt his heart contract.

"I was happy just being around you, I was delighted when you paid attention to me. As I got older though everything started to become more and more messy. You know that time when I ignored you and never really told you what that was all about? That's when everything became too overwhelming for me, I just couldn't cope with my own feelings anymore. I got jealous when you were paying attention to someone else than me, I got angry because later on you didn't know why I was upset."

"Time went on and I couldn't control my own desires anymore, a simple touch from you ended up with my hand down my pants as soon as I was alone. Anything would get me off, the memory of your touch, the smell lingering on your clothes, the sound of your voice coming from another room. The guilt that washed over me as soon as I was done was slowly beginning to eat me alive, soon it got to a point when I couldn't even look you in the eyes anymore. I was an emotional wreck hyung and that's when I decided that if I was to go on with everything I was doing it would destroy me." Taemin looked at Onew sadly and reached out for his hand before lacing their fingers together.

"It turned out that hating you was so much easier than loving you. I didn't feel as pathetic anymore, I felt like I finally had control over what was happening to me. But when you stopped giving me hurt and longing looks, when you stopped paying attention to me ignoring you, when you didn't try to talk to me, didn't ask me why I was acting like that a terrifying thought struck me. Maybe.. you didn't care about me anymore. It was like a bucket of ice cold water dumped on my head and before I knew it I was already coming back to you with my tail between my legs. Once again I started to seek your attention, once again I began being jealous when you gave it to someone else. And of course, being the person you are you just took me in, you didn't question anything and soon we were back to the way we were before."

Onew's lips pressed into a tight line. How could he never realize what was happening around him? Taemin was with him 24/7, he should've noticed what he was going through. He breathed out slowly and then asked a question that was on his mind from the beginning of this conversation. "Why did you never confess?"

Taemin smiled sadly. "I was horrified. Being in love with you was like that dark secret of mine I had to protect at all costs. I guess I wasn't as careful as I thought I was because one day Minho hyung asked me why I kept staring at you and whether I had feelings for you. I still remember how I felt back then. I was shaking in fear, I was barely able to breathe and I kept repeating over and over again that I had no idea what he was talking about. He never mentioned it again after that day."

Onew exhaled and rested his chin on the younger's shoulder, wrapping his arms around him. "I'm really sorry Minnie. I wish you never had to go through all this . I can't tell you what I would've done if you confessed to me earlier but... I-I don't know I feel like I failed as a leader as well as your friend. I always thought you trusted me enough to tell me about everything but-... I guess I wasn't on that level just yet. Haha." he laughed awkwardly and tucked a strand of hair behind his ear.

"Oh no!" Taemin jumped up from the bed and started making wild gestures with his arms. "Hyung please don't think like that, I trust you to no end I would even tell you if I murdered someone and I needed help to hide the body! But this.. this was that one thing I couldn't tell you..."

Onew smiled warmly and extended his hand for Taemin to take. When he did he pulled him onto his lap and wrapped his arms around the younger man's waist. "From now on, tell me everything, okay?" he whispered.

Taemin shivered slightly. "Okay." He his lips and looked Jinki straight into his dark eyes. "I love you."

Onew raised his hands and cupped the younger's cheeks not breaking the eye contact. "I love you too." he grinned and pressed his lips against Taemin's.

 

 

 

 

 

 


I'm so sorry it took me so long to write this chapter T_T

I wanted to write it as soon as possible because you guys left so many wonderful comments under the previous one and I wanted to repay you guys with a new chapter but I was a bit busy and yeah...

Anyway, thank you for reading, tell me what you think down below! See you soon <3