Myungkitty

Knock Things Over

She reached the tree where Myungsoo said to meet her. She was sort of panting, out of breath from running across the courtyard. Even though she was only kidding when she said flips and ninja rolls, she did add a log roll and a cartwheel on her way across the courtyard (it was the only things she could do). It probably wasn't the smartest move, with teachers possibly in sight, but she just really wanted to try it.

**Log rolling is the move where you lay down on the ground like a plank and just roll. It's the best kind of roll ;) I'm a pro.

She leaned against the tree and and looked around. Where the heck was the boy?

"Suzy, up here!" a voice yelled.

She looked up. Indeed, there he was. Mostly covered by snowy leaves, he was crouching on a thick branch pretty high up the tree.

"What are you doing up there? I thought you said by the tree, not on  the tree!"

"I just wanted to be extra careful. Isn't it suspicious hanging around outside school gates?" he yelled down.

"Isn't it suspicious hiding up on a tree?" she replied.

"Who looks up this high? Come on up!" he waved.

She started climbing.

"Oof" she finally reached the branch he was on and swung her leg around to sit comfortably and dangle her feet off.

"Nice log rolls," he teased.

"You saw that? Nice tree climbing."

He made a little bow. "I know, Olympic tree-climber right here. No pictures please."

She almost started laughing, but stopped herself when she realized he was teasing her for the time she awkwardly snapped two pictures of him without his permission.

It was funny seeing him so open suddenly. She realized how much the quiet, shy boy had transformed.

"So you never told me what exactly we're doing today." she inquired.

"That's cause I have no idea."
She stared at him.

"What?" he stared back. "I just..." he sighed, "had to get out of school. At least for a day…" He started looking sort of upset now.

She didn't know why he seemed kind of upset all of a sudden, but she felt sorry and wanted to comfort him.

"Hey" she said softly." Hey, it's okay, I get that sometimes. We all need more freedom from school, from everything. Mmmm, we'll go on an adventure today!" she smiled at him.

And he smiled back. His whole face lit up and his eyes glistened. She was sitting pretty close to him, and his adorable smile and bright eyes took her breath away. She almost fell off the tree.

"It's already been an adventure just getting out of the school" he answered.

"Yep! And look at us! We look like a couple-"

And before she could finish "a couple of owls perched on a tree," he repeated her words: "a couple."

A couple.

She almost fell off the branch again. Why did he have to go and make it so awkward? But she turned and looked towards him, and it wasn't so bad.  He was just looking down at his dangling feet, lips curved into a little smile. She loved the way his lips curved up at the corners. Sort of like a kitty. Adorable.

She looked at her own swinging feet and smiled too.

He was right, she realized. If anyone saw them right now, sitting on a tree together, they would look like a romantic couple. With the snow-covered leaves hiding them from the rest of the world and yet being high up enough to see the beautiful view far across town, the tree was probably the most romantic place they've been together so far. Especially compared to that musty janitor's closet. 

Not only that, but Suzy felt surprisingly comfortable. More open and free than she would expect. She felt something towards Myungsoo that she had never felt towards any other boy before, something she couldn't quite describe. And she liked the feeling.

After a moment, she asked, "So where should we continue our adventure?"

"Let's go eat. I'm hungry"

"Perfect! I'm starving." She realized how hungry she was, having skipping breakfast.

"What do you want? Ramyun? Kimchi? Oh wait! I know the perfect place!"

"Whatever's fine. How are we getting there?" Then she added quietly, "Please dont' say running"

"By bus. But it's pretty far - like an hour away. Which is perfect..."

"Because no one will catch us!” she finished for him. “Alrighty, let's go."

Suzy climbed a bit down and jumped, landing on the fluffy snow. She waited for Myungsoo to climb down.

And waited.

And waited.

"Are you coming or what?" she tilted her head back and asked the leaves. 

"I'm...stuck," his voice drifted down.

"What. You've got to be kidding me" she said to herself. 

"I heard that! No joke, I can't climb down," he yellled.

"Jump then!" she piled together some snow for him to land on.

Ten minutes later, he was still in the tree. Stubborn Myungsoo was stubborn. And clearly has never climbed a tree. Exasperated, she yelled up to him "Just jump! Just- uh- come on, you're kimchi is waiting for you!"

And he jumped.

 

As they waited at the bus stop, she saw his cheeks were still slightly pink, whether from the cold weather or embarrassment of fail-tree-climbing she wasn't sure. 

"It's okay, my cat gets stuck in trees all the time" As soon as the words came out, she realized it probably wasn't the most comforting thing to say.

"Are...are you calling me a cat?"

"No" she said. "Yes," she thought. "Although the food trick works on my cat, too..." she added.

"Yah!" he protested, shoving her arm slightly and trying to cover his laugh with a pout. His eye-smile gave it away though. 

"Myungkitty..." she thought. 

 

Thanks for putting up with my slow updates ><  I added new myungsoo photos to chapter 3 ^^

MYUNGKITTY FTW.