Slipping King

Knock Things Over

 

They clambered all the way to the very back of the bus to sit, occupying the entire last row of seats.

Myungsoo pulled out his phone and said, "There's something we have to do first."

She pulled out her own phone as she watched him dial a number.

"Anyong haseyo" He tried to mask his voice by making it deeper and huskier. He probably didn't realize, but Suzy thought he sounded incredibly...well, ahem, y.  "Myungsoo can't come to school today. He has the flu....Mmmhm" He absentmindedly stuck out his tongue a little. She noticed he did that a lot. y and adorable, at the same time. "Ne" he nodded, bouncing his hair cutely.  "Okay, thank you, bye!"

He returned back to his normal voice. "Your turn!" He reached over, plucked her phone right out of her hands, dialed the school number, and returned it to her. After she finished excusing herself from school with a "stomach flu," Myungsoo stole away her phone again. 

"Yah! What are you doing?" she protested.

He played around with her phone for a moment and then gave it back. He gave her an eye smile and Suzy swore her heart skipped a beat. "I got your number now!" he said.

She chuckled and rolled her eyes. "You could have just asked." She looked at his number on her phone screen, smiled, and added, "I'm saving your number as 'Myungkitty'... "

"Oh God no!" he looked horrified, as if she had insulted his manliness. "Even 'Ice Prince' is a better nickname!"

"HAHA. No. How about....'Dorksoo'?" she teased.

"How about NO" he replied, eyes getting bigger. "Wait, okay, at least put 'L' " he tried to compromise.

"L? Like from...Death Note?"

"Yeah! It’s going to be my stage name!" he said, sounding sort of like a little first grader proud of his first award.

She nodded, seeing his resemblance with L, and then replied, "Mmm, I like that. Okay…...'Slipping King' it is then!" she said as she typed it in. 

At that, Myungsoo finally jumped up and tried to snatch the phone out of her hand. She held on tight though, and after a bit of struggling, Myungsoo gave up and just grabbed her hand instead. And held onto it. 

He sunk back into his seat and Suzy widened her eyes in surprise. She knew he was just playfully holding onto her hand, but she felt something more behind the gesture. She looked down at their hands, fingers entangled with each other, with her phone still stuck in between. She blushed while a strange warm, tingly feeling started from where their fingers intertwined and spread up her arm, through her whole body. And it wasn’t a bad feeling.

She then dared to look up at Myungsoo, only to discover that he had leaned his head back and closed his eyes, with a peaceful look on his face. Aww, the poor boy must be tired and sleep-deprived. It must be hard being a trainee and student at the same time. She examined his face, unable to look away. She wished she had her camera with her….he was so picture perfect. The sunlight and shadows came through the large bus windows, dancing across his sleeping face and highlighting all his gorgeous features. ……

“I know I’m beautiful, but no need to stare” Myungsoo suddenly muttered without even opening his eyes.

Suzy jumped in her seat, thinking he had been asleep, but then slowly put on a creepy smile, leaned towards him, and said with a deepened voice, “But I like to watch you sleep…”

Myungsoo’s eyes flung open and he looked at her in bewilderment, wrinkling his eyebrows.

“KIDDING” she laughed at him. “I was only quoting Edward Cullen. Jeez, don’t think you’re that beautiful.”

“Ha! So you admit I’m beautiful!” he cried.

“Wowww conceited much? I did not!” she retorted.

“Yeah-huh.”

“Nope.”

“Yes you did!” he argued back like a five-year old. “And really? Edward Cullen??  You mean the creepy, sparkly vampire dude from Twilight??”

She laughed in response.

“God, can’t you quote like Harry Potter instead next time? Creeper status….” He muttered as he closed his eyes and leaned back again. “Wake me up when we get to Yongin.”

 

***

 

BEEEEEPP. BEEEEEEPP. BEEEPPPPPPPPP.

Aish, stupid alarm. She was so comfortable and cozy. Suzy opened her eyes lazily, eyes wincing from the sunlight on her face. She had fallen asleep, too, after setting an alarm on Myungsoo’s phone (hers had still been stuck in between their hands).

She tried to turn off the alarm but realized she couldn’t move or lift her head. Suddenly her heart started racing as she realized why she was feeling so warm and comfortable. She had fallen asleep leaning up against the warmth of Myungsoo’s body, with the length of their arms pressed together and their fingers still intertwined. Moreover, her head had fallen onto his shoulder while she slept, and his head rested on top of hers. Suzy started again when she looked down and saw his right leg draped across her lap. Uhhmmm. Awk. She felt herself blushing as she pushed his head away so she could sit up and shove his leg off her lap.

“Myungsoo! Wake up!” she yelled at him.

No response.

“Come on! Wake up!!!” she raised her voice and shook his shoulders.

He snored.

Aish, they were almost to Yongin and she wasn’t even sure what stop they were getting off. Myungsoo was still dead asleep, and they were probably going to miss their stop if he didn’t get up soon. So she dug around in her bag and pulled out her water bottle…

*SPLASH* She poured water over his head, laughing silently to herself.

He finally started awake.

“YAH” he yelled.

“You sleep like a pig,” she laughed.

“Haha, oh. Sorry…” he replied sheepishly as he smiled and combed his fingers through his wet hair, casually sweeping his hair up. His bangs were now lifted off his face and swept upward. Suzy didn’t say anything, but she quite liked it. Of course, he could pull off any hairstyle. Hell, he looked good even after just waking up and having water splashed on his face.

 

***

 

Even though Myungsoo acted like a 5-year old sometimes, he turned out to be quite a gentleman – holding open the restaurant door for Suzy and even pulling out her chair so she could sit. As she sat down and he pushed her chair towards the table, she started wondering what this was.

*This certainly couldn’t be…. a date, right? And… and we’re nothing more than friends….right? Sure, we’ve talked, but I’ve hardly known him for very long. Why – out of all people – did he choose meto skip school with? And today certainly  felt sort of like a date…* she thought, smiling to herself.

 She didn’t want to say anything though. She didn’t want to ruin whatever it was they had – this strange but comfortable friendship, or whatever it was becoming.

A waitress came by to take their order.

“Coffee, please!” Suzy and Myungsoo said at the same time. They looked at each other and laughed while the waitress gave them a funny look and took their orders.  

 

Although they were too busy hungrily slurping up their noodles to chat much, Suzy thought it was an excellent lunch. Perhaps because it felt like a date (even if it wasn’t really a date). And a date with Myungsoo – well, Suzy obviously didn’t have a problem with that.

Her heart nearly stopped suddenly when Myungsoo accidentally brushed his leg against hers underneath the table. She looked up at him, but he didn’t seem to have noticed.

“Can I ask you something?” she blurted out.

“What is this?” she continued before he could reply. “This” meaning this day, this lunch, this…relationship. Oops.*Oh dear lord, why did I just ask that?*

 “Huh?” he asked, looking up from his ramyun.

She chickened out. Instead, she pointed to a dish the waitress was bringing to their table and repeated, “What’s this?”

“Oh that?” he chuckled. “You mean, the kimchi?”

“Haha…of course, never mind.” She blushed, feeling pretty stupid at that moment. It was so weird. She was usually pretty chill and calm and normal; no one’s ever made her feel so…flustered before. There was really something with Myungsoo, but she had no idea what. He’s just a guy, just a normal person. Alright…maybe not so normal.

“Do you want some?” he asked, offering her the kimchi.

She shook her head no, still embarrassed by her own thoughts. Her thoughts really were out of control today. Why would this be anything more than friendship? This was freaking Kim Myungsoo – the guy who has turned down every other girl, the guy who is soon to become an idol, who suddenly so many people at school are talking about. What could a boy like him want to do with an average girl like her? *Aish, I really need to stop overthinking everything. This is making me crazy.*

“You don’t like kimchi??” he asked, eyebrows rising higher and higher and eyes growing round.

She shook her head again.
“Wah, I can’t believe you. Kimchi’s some of the best stuff in the world!” he said enthusiastically. She laughed. It was funny how excited he was getting.

“Nah, I kind of hate it,” she replied, partially just to see his reaction.

He gasped. “Fine I’m eating all of it then” he said as he dug his chopsticks in. He took a giant mouthful and his eyes curved into an eye-smile, clearly enjoying the food. So cute.

Then he said, “Have you ever heard of the Kimchi Theory?”

“The… what?”
He smiled and continued, “The Kimchi Theory. I think it’s something my parents made up, but basically-“ He stopped talking suddenly and his face changed as he looked at something behind Suzy.  

“What is he doing here?” he muttered quietly.

He looked back at Suzy and said, “Come one, we should get out of here.”

Suzy had a guess of what was going on. She nodded, threw down some money on the table to pay for their meal, and got out of her chair.

“Ninja style?” she smiled.

“Of course” he smiled back and crouched down. Hiding behind tables and walls, they crawled, ran, and snuck towards the exit, with restaurant customers and waiters staring strangely after them.

When they made it out the door, they didn’t bother to look back. Myungsoo grabbed Suzy’s hand and they ran.

 

***

 

 

 

^Haha Sesame Player, anyone? Hil-arious.

 

Hello~

Made it a longer chapter (sort of?) because I haven't updated in forever.

But in case you haven't seen the many slips of mr. kim myungsoo: http://hobabies.tumblr.com/post/15124518904  LOL now that's a total of...8 times already? On camera? (:

GIF source: flowerboyband.tumblr.com