Janitor's Closet

Knock Things Over

The following day, Suzy couldn’t help but walk to school with a stupid smile stuck on her face, the image of Myungsoo making snow angels replaying in her head. It was just entertaining and quite weird how freaking adorable and dorky he could be. She became a little too preoccupied though, and realized when she reached the school that she was late, yet again. “Aishh, and I even left the house early today!” she thought, as she sped-walked down the deserted hallways. Leaving the house early - that was a first. And it wasn't even because she somehow woke up to her first alarm clock. It was only because she ran out of cereal in the house and skipped breakfast.

“Hey!” she heard the loud whisper echo through the hallways. And she knew who it was. Where does Myungsoo keep popping up from??

She quickly spun around, but didn’t see him anywhere. She spun forward again and finally saw him, a little ways down the hall in a dark doorway, waving at her to come over. A dark, empty classroom, maybe? Confused by his randomness once again, she slowed her steps down. She knew there was no way she was making it to class on time anyways. When she reached the doorway, he reached out his hand and took a hold of her wrist. As he gently pulled her past the door and into the room, she saw the door sign – “JANITOR.”

He shut the door behind them, leaving them in the darkness with only a soft glow of light rolling in from the cracks on the sides of the door. She realized Myungsoo was still holding onto her wrist, but he did too, so he let go. She sort of regretted it - as brief as that was, his touch felt gentle and nice and just...right. As her eyes readjusted to the darkness, Suzy reached out her arms and hit the back wall. They were in a tiny closet.

“Uhhhhh can I ask what we’re doing inside the janitor’s closet?” she whispered at him.

“Avoiding getting caught”he whispered back.

Okay, the janitor’s storage room was not exactly a romantic place. It smelled sort of musty and sock-like. Suzy wrinkled her nose and moved in closer to Myungsoo. Oh, problem solved. He still had the deep and warm coffee-like aroma, and it blocked out the weird closet smells.

“Er, don’t you think this is a bit I don’t know, scandalous??"
"Scandalous?"
"Yeah, being in a small, dark closet? What if the janitor walks in?”

“You're right, that's why we're getting out of here!" he answered excitedly. "Wait but first I hafta ask, do you have any important classes today?”

“What? No I don’t think so.”Then she realized. “Are you saying you want to-“

Before she could finish, he hurriedly whispered, “Okay great! Follow me.” He creaked open the door slowly and peeked out. He then turned around to her and nodded.

“Wait what even-“ she stuttered.

But even as the words left he opened the door and ran out into the sudden brightness of the hallway.

“Ow” she winced at the lights.

“Shhhh” he whispered at her, already half-way down the hallway. “Come on!” He proceeded to run down the stairway, but stopping at every turn in the stairs to check for teachers or staff.

Suzy hurried to catch up with him, noticing that despite Myungsoo’s clumsy slips occasionally (*cough*), he does have some ninja sneaking abilities.

They reached the bottom floor and (after checking the coast was clear) ran outside. She noticed that he stopped running and realized why. The courtyard. It was so wide and empty, with nowhere to hide and no way to sneak around.
"Alright" Myungsoo began after a still moment, "We'll go across one at a time, and I'll meet you by that big tree outside the school gates, okay?"
"The one that looks like a giant, twisted hand?" This was getting really fun, actually.
"Yep!" He nodded, also having a bit too much fun.
"Can I do flips and ninja rolls along the way?" she asked.
"Do it! And I'll hum the Mission Impossible theme song along the way" he quietly laughed. "Count to 100 before you come after me."
He disappeared around the corner and ran off. And he wasn't kidding about humming Mission Impossible.
"Is this hide-and-seek?? I swear he's a five-year old..." she thought. "One...two..."
 
 
 
 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hello lovely readers and subbies! I love love love comments (even just one or two) they make me so happy. And I noticed some people unsubscribed....those people make me cry myself to sleep every night.
Kidding.
But anyways, I realize I don't update regularly :( Sorry.
For anyone looking for more romance, sorry there hasn't been much so far. BUT HANG IN THERE. IT SHALL COME IN TIME. I got sort of carried away with this (short) chapter...