Annoyance

Knock Things Over

 

“Yah Suzy! Suzy!” Suzy’s friend, Min, whispered urgently, her eyes growing round.

“What! What! Why are you looking at me like that?” Suzy was in the middle of enjoying her ramyun and did not like being bothered. She and her friends were at the lunchtime photography club. She followed Min’s gaze to the door and saw Myungsoo walking in. She turned back around towards Min. “Oh, Myungsoo? What about him?” She stopped. “Oh Min…are you blushing? Omo you like him!”

Min nodded, giggling.

“Oh, why didn’t you tell me before?” But then, she thought, everyone seemed to like him suddenly. He may not be Mr. Popular, but by now his handsome face and alleged idol-trainee-status was widely known throughout the school. They watched as he sat down across the room. “So why do you like him?”

“Well, obviously he’s gorgeous.” Min gushed.

“I think we all know that…” Suzy replied. Why couldn’t everyone see that before, she thought. He had always been handsome to her…

“I don’t know… he’s just so dark and mysterious!”

Suzy almost laughed when she remembered his little slip and crash two years ago, but she kept it in and remained silent.

“They call him the ‘ice prince’ you know” Min giggled.

Suzy almost rolled her eyes. Ice prince my , she thought, almost laughing out loud again. “Well it looks like the ice prince is joining our photography club.”

He sat on the other side of the room, alone. Suzy could tell a lot of the girls were distracted by him. Wonderful. She looked at him, trying to catch his eye. When he did look up at her, he quickly turned away and started talking to the club advisor. Suzy was taken back. She thought, after chatting a bit at the coffee shop, surely he couldn’t ignore her now. She had invited him, after all. She could feel a slight annoyance bubbling insider her. No. They were having a perfectly normal, perfectly lovely conversation the other day. She refused to believe he would just ignore her now. All she wanted was a “hi”, a nod, an acknowledgment. Was that too much to ask for?