~Part 5

Empty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"What?" Choking on his pudding, Luhan coughed as he hit his chest slightly, trying to breathe again.

Jungkook sighed and shook his head slightly as he returned to the sand bag in front of him that was hung in the ceiling, and gave it another punch, second punch and the third one.

Harder.

He wanted to forget what he had just seen a few hours ago.

"Was it really Minyoung? Are you sure?" Luhan asked, still not believing Jungkook who had just poured the news of Minyoung attending his school over his head like a cold water.

"It is her." Jungkook said in an uneven voice as he punched the sand bag again. He was going to have a ring battle with his coach in a few minutes and he couldn't lose this time. Plus, it was the only way to forget about his heart tearing apart and get the heartbreak image of his head.

"That's crazy. How could the both of you end up at the same school again? What kind of stupid drama is it?" Luhan cursed underneath his breath, before lifting his eyes on Jungkook.

 

The kid was working hard on his training, his expression was almost blank from emotions, and only exhaustion was showing on his face mixed along with his drained sweat on his face and down his shirt.

"What are you going to do?" Luhan asked.

Jungkook stopped and hugged the sand bag to stop it from swinging from side to side. Sighing, he shook his head and shrugged his shoulders. "What should I do? Transfer school again? I don't think it will be that easy."

"I'm not telling you to transfer." Luhan rolled his eyes.

"She doesn't remember me. She changed a lot, like a completely different person. She became quieter even though she is still stubborn and pretty--"

"Jungkook--"

Jungkook ignored Luhan as he started to list all what he was feeling. His heart was speaking before his mind and he just couldn't stop. "She is acting strange as if she isn't confident anymore, but still look like a scared little cat. She makes me want to protect her--"

"Jungkook?"

"She even got herself a boyfriend."

"A BOYFRIEND?!" Luhan exclaimed, eyes open wide as it was the unexpected news he would ever hear for the day. He even felt his heart breaking a little for the little boy in front of him.

He knew how much Jungkook loved Minyoung and how harsh he always was toward himself whenever it came to her. He wished he could punch the boy in the face, telling him that it was his fault when he decided to leave her in the first place.

"Yeah." Jungkook said, sourly, feeling his heart dropping to his legs. He pushed the sand bag one more time, before walking toward Luhan and sitting beside him. "We shouldn't have met again. It makes me so confused."

Jungkook sighed, burying his face in his hands, pressing his elbow to his lap. He shouldn't feel like this toward her. Her life was messed up enough because of him, he was her misery.

"But she met you before." Luhan started, wanting to press some hope into the kid heart.

Jungkook looked at him confused, not understanding what Luhan was trying to say. Luhan rolled his eyes, putting the pudding cup beside him as he leaned his elbows to his lap, making his eye level to Jungkook.

"Remember at the hospital. She said that she was your fan. She likes you actually, it is not hard to get close to her."

"I can't do that." Jungkook shook his head as he straightened his back. "I can't." 

Frustrated, Luhan let out a heavy sigh as he whined, "Why?"

"If she remembered me, if she remembered that I killed her brother, what will that make me?"

"Goddamnit, Jungkook." Luhan snapped at him, hands reached to his head and he held his hair in frustration. "I told you for the nth time it wasn't your fault. It was an accident, seriously."

"If I didn't do that. If I wasn't a brat or never ever have done this, if he didn't know me, he would be with us right now. He would train me, he would be the champion. If it wasn't for me, he would have been alive, with Minyoung. Happy family. Minyoung wouldn't have to lose her memory and nothing from this would ever happen. It's because of me." Jungkook burst, angry with himself and Luhan's eyes widened when he noticed the tears in the kid's eyes.

He had never seen him crying, ever after the loss of seokjin. After that, Jungkook became quiet kid, people scared of him, but Luhan knew better than anyone how kind Jungkook was.

He just started smiley recently, after meeting Minyoung.

Hating how the kid looked so weak in front of him, he grabbed him from his shirt and Jungkook found himself pressed into the wall, bloodshot eyes looking at him.

"Get your crap together, Jungkook." Luhan warned, tightening his grip on the boy's shirt. "I got enough of this . If it was your damn fault, you wouldn't find me standing here in front of you right now. Do you think I would like to act like an older brother to someone who killed my best friend? My brother!!"

The tears in Jungkook's eyes rolled down the side of his eyes as he hissed, "Hyung..."

"Do you think her uncle would actually help you and raise you up if you killed his nephew?" Luhan's eyes that were looking at Jungkook with death glare, starting to tear up a little. "And Minyoung... You tried to save her seriously... What more could you do, you could have died too."

Luhan pushed Jungkook more into the wall, and the boy didn't resist at all. At that moment, Luhan knew how painful it must have been for Jungkook. "I don't want to talk about this again." Luhan sniffed, letting go of Jungkook, forcefully. "I will really punch you if you said that again."

Jungkook couldn't lift his head up to look at Luhan. He still thought he was the reason why Minyoung's brother not around them. It had been ten years and he grew up with the feel of guilt inside of him, eating him raw.

"What's up with the mood here?" Minyoung's uncle, Jungkook's coach asked when he entered the practice room to find two head titled down words. Jungkook still leaning on the wall and Luhan was standing at the other end of the room, holding tightly onto the ropes of the boxing ring they had.

"I'm going to skip practice today." Jungkook said, pushing himself off the wall as he walked passed his coach and out of the practice room.

The coach looked confused at Jungkook's back and then at Luhan, who was staring at nowhere. "Did the both of you fight?"

"Minyoung attends the same school as his." Luhan said, looking at The Coach.

The coach's eyes widened and his mouth fell to the ground.

"What?"

~~

The first thing he did when he entered his room was throwing himself on his bed and closing his eyes, the tears that tried to hold back now where streaming down his eyes.

The pressure was just too much to him. He lost the best thing that had ever happened to his whole dark life.

Minyoung didn't remember him and she was together with her best friend at the moment. He knew that Jimin would always have a chance with her since she liked him a lot. And the boy had always seemed to be in love with her.

He knew that she loved him. He could see that in her eyes when she looked at her phone after receiving texts from him, just as Bambam said. But he tried to ignore it as much as he could.

That look in her eyes when Jimin pulled her closer to him and when he...

Jungkook rolled himself so that he was lying flat on his stomach and groaned loudly into the mattress, he really hated what he saw a few hours ago.

"Minyoung..." He hissed, her name, feeling it like a soft melody coming out of his tongue so familiar yet so foreign, and it made his heart ache and his chest tightened, suffocating him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter