~Part 13

Empty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the end come closer I'm going to put the official songs for the story

First OST for this story RESET 

 

Minyoung fished in her memories for any trace for the girl who was sitting in front of her, but she only found emptiness and dark spots.

Nothing.

She wasn’t sure if she could trust her or not, especially when Junhoe was looking at her with his foxy eyes.

“It’s a relief that you are fine, Minyoung.” The girl who introduced herself as Jimin said. It was a surprise to learn that her name had been just the same as her best friend. What a coincidence.

“Thank you?” She said, more like questioned. She looked at Junhoe confused. She said that she was an old friend from her previous school, but why did Junhoe bring her here? She was trying to figure that out

“She used to go to the same school as you.” Junhoe didn’t add any new information.

“Yeah, that’s what she had said…” Minyoung said, annoyed. She was feeling uncomfortable being around people who seemed to know her while she knew nothing about them. It felt like she was an open book to them and she couldn’t even read herself. “What does anything have to do with her?”

Jimin’s eyes were wary and she seemed nervous. She swiped her hair behind her shoulder, biting her lips, before opening to speak.

“The accident…” She cleared before having the courage to continue. “It happened near our school, Minyoung. All the countryside has been talking about you and Haeun for weeks.”

“I don’t understand.” All she knew was that she was hit by a car. Why would a whole town talk about this? Was it really that bad?

“You really don’t remember anything?” Jimin asked, cautiously.

“Yes, I don’t.” Minyoung sighed in frustration. She was getting tired of them both. Reaching for the glass of water in front of her, Minyoung sipped some, watering her dry throat.

“You don’t remember setting the whole old school building on fire?”

Minyoung almost spat the water at Junhoe who was sitting in front of her. She coughed variously, hitting her chest slightly.

Junhoe, with a smirk, gave her a handkerchief. Minyoung didn’t thank him as she snatched it from him. Wiping , she looked at Jimin whose lips pressed in a thin line.

“I did, what?”

“You and Jungkook. Haeun told the whole country that you sat fire in the building and while trying to escape, you were hit by a car.”

Minyoung stared at an empty spot over the table. Not wanting to believe any of what that girl was saying. Should she even believe her? She didn’t even know her… She couldn’t remember her.

However, there was that name that bothered her so much. Jungkook. Did she just mention him? Did she hear it wrong?

“You…” Minyoung took a deep breath and held her hands together that started to shake. “You said, me and who?”

“Jungkook.” Jimin said, in a disbelieving tone, as if she couldn’t believe that she didn’t remember him too. “That guy from our class… The one I told you to keep away from. He was a gangster and everyone was scared of him, but you. You started to get close to him. I knew it would be a bad idea, Jungkook never was a good thing, Minyoung. I warned you before.”

“Wait a minute.” Minyoung said, her breathing was uneven and her head was throbbing. She reached for the glass of water, but she had already finished it all. 

Jimin must be lying. What was she talking about? Who is Jungkook she is talking about? It couldn’t be the same Jungkook she knew.

“I’m sorry.” She held her hand up, still staring at the table. “Jungkook who?”

Slowly, she shifted her eyes up, to look at Junhoe who gave her a look that said: I told you, it would be interesting.

“The one who is competing in the national boxing completion. He is tall and his hair always covers his forehead and he has this dangerous face, too handsome---”

“You are fangirling, Jimin.” Junhoe cut her and she cleared , her cheeks flushed pink.

“I don’t like him, I never did. He has that face that no girl could resist, it’s not my fault.” She said, before looking at Minyoung. “He is scary, Minyoung.”

“He is the same Jungkook who is playing innocent with you, Minyoung.” Junhoe raised an eyebrow. “You are trusting the wrong guy.”

Biting her lips, Minyoung could taste rust. “I don’t understand. Jungkook hadn't known me when I met him…”

“You met him, again?” Jimin exclaimed, surprised.

Minyoung didn’t reply. Everything around her was spinning and she felt dizzy as all the memories she made for the past three months ran in her mind like snaps.

Jungkook’s expression when he first met her in the hospital. 

Jungkook’s sad eyes whenever he looked at her.

Jungkook’s words to her and then…. She remembered the cup he signed for her. Now that she thought about it, she never told him about her name.

Yet once again, the day she met him at school, he called her by her name.

He knew her…. He knew who exactly she was and kept it all from her.

She felt stupid that she opened up to him and told him about her memory loss. He knew anyway, and played as if it was his first time listening to her story.

Jungkook….. Jeon Jungkook

It couldn’t be true.

Her heart clenched in her chest, and she found it hard to catch a breath.

Minyoung stood up suddenly from her seat, leading the chair to grind against the floor. She didn’t care if the whole café was looking at her now or that she was breathing so hard that she could barely she in front of her.

“Minyoung, are you okay?” She felt a hand on her shoulder, in which she swiped with a force.

“I’m leaving.” She glared at Jimin and Junhoe, before turning around to leave. Walking to the door, she didn’t make it till the end as Junhoe grabbed her arm and spun her around.

“Don’t touch me.” She snapped, pulling her arm away, glaring at him.

“She still has a lot to say.”

Minyoung looked at Jimin, who was blinking at her direction. She may be scared of her sudden outburst and panic attack. Minyoung shook her head, before looking at Junhoe.

“I heard enough.” Minyoung spat. “I don’t even know why I should believe you.”

Junhoe pulled a piece of paper from his pocket and reached it out to Minyoung. She stood still staring at it as if it was a drug. It looked like a paper that was cut out from a newspaper.

The paper was filled with letters and words and a huge bold style title that read: A group of High school student sat fire on….. The remaining of the sentence was hidden in the folds of the paper.

“She wasn’t lying.” Junhoe said, pushing the piece of article in her hand. “Read it. That’s what happened to you.”

“Why are you doing this?” She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter