~Part 10

Empty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You

Jungkook wanted to say.

He didn't look at her, afraid that he would do something stupid again. Hugging her a while ago was a stupid thing he had done.

He knew that now she had Jimin beside and she liked him. She didn't need him or even needed to remember him.

He kept telling himself that this was better, but deep inside of him, he wished she would remember. He wanted her to know him, still love him, or even hate for her brother. He didn't really care. He just didn't want to be a stranger to her.  

His hands were still buried in his hair, his head was tilted downward, facing the ground.

Minyoung was sitting opposite to him, her knees brushing his own. He resisted the urge to pull her in his arm again. 

"Everything. I want to forget everything."

Especially you!

Minyoung reached for his hands, removing it away from his face. She looked at his eyes that showed nothing but a thing that pained her. He was too familiar to her, yet he wasn't. She wished she could stare at his eyes for too long without having to see this expression on his face.

"Is it because your girlfriend?"

Jungkook's throat started to burn as he felt a lump at the back of his throat, making it hard to swallow. To talk. He sighed, looking away.

"Jungkook..."

"You don't understand. You won't." He shook his head, pulling his hands away from hers. The moment he lost the contact of her soft hands, his heart swallowed in his chest. He always lost his chances with her. 

"If you don't want to talk about it, it is okay." Minyoung shrugged, returned back to sit next to him. Her back pressed to the wall, her head just below the window. This familiar feeling. Disappointed. What was it about? It was his privacy to keep, right?

But she shared a secret with him. Why wouldn't he open up to her? 

"Aren't you going to make me say it?" Jungkook turned his head to the side to have a good look at her face. She used to keep asking him, pushing him into telling her things he didn't want to.

Minyoung turned her head toward him, so that the both of them came face to face with each other, both their head were leaning on the wall. Their gazes fixed on each other.

"I'm not." Minyoung said. Even though she wanted to know so badly.

Jungkook smiled and Minyoung smiled back at him. It was a moment, both of them wished for the time to stop. It felt like there was no one in this world but them.

Minyoung got this strange feeling of butterflies in her stomach and felt heat rushing through her body. A warm tingle swamped over her. Jungkook noted how her cheeks turned pink as she looked away, clearing .

"Am I making you nervous?" Jungkook chuckled and Minyoung frowned, glaring at him.

"Shut up. I'm still your fan. You know."

 He liked the way her cheeks were like a tomato. At least, he still made her feel something.

Beep

Minyoung's phone rang, making them having a mini heart attack. They exchanged a laughter at their expression, before Minyoung reaching for her phone, answering it.

It was Jimin.

She smiled to her phone while Jungkook's face fell. He looked away, closing his eyes tightly. He didn't want to see her smiling just by seeing his name over her phone.

"Jimin." Minyoung answered. She sounded cheerful, like Minyoung who he used to know, who used to know him.

Jungkook couldn't stand listening to her small conservation with Jimin and stood up to leave.

Before he could step one step away, a hand reached for his shirt holding tightly on it. Jungkook's heart almost stopped at the action. He turned and looked at Minyoung, she wasn't looking at him, but holding on to him, not letting go of him.

"Okay, see you." Minyoung ended the call and sighed.

She titled her head backward to look up at confused jungkook who was standing in front of her. She let go of him and made herself to her foot. Jungkook gave her a little help by holding her arm, at which she smiled back at him and thanked him.

"I think you are wrong, Jungkook."

Jungkook raised his eyebrow at her, but said nothing. So, Minyoung continued, "I'm sure you have some memories with your girlfriend that you cherish. I don't know what happened between you two, but I think that she does the same. Forgetting... Isn't the cure for the pain."

Jungkook looked away. He bit his lips so he wouldn't say something stupid. She was the one who didn't remember anything. She really didn't understand anything.

"You don't know how important something is to you, until you lose it, they say." Minyoung took a step closer to him. "So I'll try my best to remember even if those things hurt. I will figure out who I'm. I want to remember those people who made me smile in the past."

Gulping, Jungkook looked at her and flashed her a small smile. His hand reached up, aching to touch her, but he couldn't. It loosened beside him as he clenched them hard.

"I hope you do." Jungkook said, clearing his throat. "Good luck, Minyoung."

"Thank you, Jungkook." She smiled at him. "Good luck with your training."

"Hmmm." He nodded, before turning to leave.

Waiting his back while he was walking away, made Minyoung's heart heavy. She wished to stay with him longer and talk more. Jungkook was someone she wanted to refill her memories with.

He was a good friend. A really good friend.

~~

When she reached home, she dragged Jimin with her to her room.

Closing the door behind them, she turned to find Jimin looking at her with eyebrows raised and a smirk on his face.

"What is it?" He said and Minyoung rolled her eyes, snorting.

"Not what you think about."

"And what do I think about?" He and leaned closer.

"This." Minyoung surprised him when she placed a butterfly kiss, so soft and so quick on his lips.

He had to blink many times before backing away, cheeks flushed with hot red blood. He looked at Minyoung and saw how red her cheeks was too.

"Stop staring at me and sit down." Minyoung turned, fanning herself with her hand before opening the window in her room.

Jimin had to gulp down. His throat was dry and he needed water at the moment. He really liked it that he couldn't stop thinking about it.

"You said that you would help me." Minyoung said, grabbing a chair and sat in front of him.

Jimin fell silent for a moment, before nodding.

He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter