Chapter 8: The Good Hunter

It's Not Forbidden

 

Guilt, that's what this certain hunter felt. 

 

While his companions think of a plan to elimate the wolf in the village, he was in his room, sitting silently on the white sheets of his bed and eyeing the hanging fur pelt designs in the room with disgust. Why did he have this job? Why was he forced into this when it went against everything he wanted to do? This hunter was Jung Hoseok.

 

He loved animals, so killing them always left a burden in his heart, a guilty feeling he couldn't remove. But he thought it was the time to quit. He pitied the wolf and the family he was with, he was innocent. Hoseok didn't think it was right to take the wolf away from the family, especially that he has noticed a bond between him and the young boy he lived with. He had to stop this. Maybe wolves and humans can coexist with each other, they just had to try.

 

"Hoseok!," a loud voice came from the other side of the door. The hunter let out a frustrated sigh, not wanting to deal with the others right now. No words left Hoseok's lips, and the man behind the door a few seconds ago just decided to leave. He sighed once again and got up, grabbing his bag and packing up a few things.

 

He locked his door and opened the window, he was now thankful that his room was on the first floor as he stepped out of the luxurious room, closing the window once he was out. With one last look back, he ran, towards the village. After minutes of trudging through grass and dried leaves, passing by trees and their small inhabitants, he finally arrived at the family's house.

 

Taking a deep breathe, he knocks on the door.

 

==========

 

Seokjin wasn't exactly pleased to catch the scent of a hunter nearby, and he would've lunged at him if it weren't for Jungkook. The human stammered in his explanations of why he was there, gulping as the wolf glares daggers at him. He was fascinated by the supernatural, but as a hunter, he wasn't welcome here. But he wasn't here to bring disaster, he was here to help them out.

 

"I just want to help you guys."

 

Seokjin hesitated a bit, not sure if he could let this person into their house. But judging by the aura around him, he seemed really trustworthy. He let out a deep sigh and stepped to the side as the hunter slowly walked into the house. The wolf watched him until he sat down. "Now who are you?," he asked.

 

"My name's Hoseok. Look, calm down, wolfy. I'm not here to hurt anyone, I came to help you guys and I can finally be free from this sick hunter job." he said and Seokjin let his guard down, glad that this human wasn't a threat.

 

"How are you gonna do that? We're still outnumbered," Jungkook says, a tone of worry in his voice, not really knowing if they would win in this struggle or not. "I'll handle the plans. But for now, we need to secure the perimeter. We can't let them near you and we can't trust your neighbors either," Hoseok said and everyone just nodded. 

 

=========

 

Hoseok thought he was fine with them, until Seokjin dragged him outside. The wolf backed him off into a tree, the hunter's back hitting the trunk as he stepped back in fear. The wolf whispers to him.

 

"You better not try anything funny. If Jungkook and his family gets hurt, I will not hesitate to rip you to bits." 

 

With that, Hoseok nods and even promises.

 

______________________________

Hope you like it~ 

 

Please Upvote, Comment, and maybe Subscribe to me?~