Chapter 1: How it All Started

It's Not Forbidden

 

Jungkook was a playful kid, mostly spending his time running outside in the forest. He was curious about many things, sometimes venturing out in the woods on his own, chasing butterflies and following deer. His mother would then find him and take him back home, telling him to be careful and cautious of his surroundings. But even as a child, he didn't have much fear. For the past days, everything was the same old routine, until he discovered a new area. Being the curious kid he is, he didn't hesitate to walk right into it. And what he found had brought tears to his eyes. Right on the ground, all snuggled up in leaves, was a wolf pup. It was wounded, dried blood on its brown fur. Jungkook's heart broke at the sight, he never liked seeing animals hurt.

 

He approaches slowly, brushing the leaves off the pup and taking off his red sweater. Gently, he lifts the wolf in his arms, wrapping the cloth around the injured animal. He was surprised with it's weight and size, regular wolf pups weren't this big or this heavy. Brushing those thoughts aside, Jungkook walks back home. Once he was back to his house, he runs through the back door, calling for his mother. After a few calls, she steps out of the kitchen, looking at her son with a confused look on her face as she sees the young wolf cradled by the little boy.

 

"Umma, this wolf needs help." he said and placed the pup down on a pillow. His mother had examined it, noticing a cut on it's side which was slightly hidden from the thick layer of fur. 'This isn't a regular wolf,' she thought as she witnessed half of the wound closing on its own, although Jungkook didn't notice. His mother picked up a small handkerchief, pretending to treat the wound as her son's eyes were once again focused on her. She waited until the cut has fully healed on its own and she pretended to be done, she gives a small smile and stands up to go back to the kitchen, her happy expression turning to a look of doubt.

==========

It didn't even take a whole day for the wolf pup to be up on his feet, playing with Jungkook in the forest. His parents looked at the two from the kitchen window, small smiles on their faces. "Are you sure that pup is harmless? What if he shifts?," his father asked, looking a bit worried. "It's okay, he's accustomed to us." his mother replied and resumed to chopping vegetables. 

 

That night, there was a full moon, and the pup couldn't sleep, howling all night long. Jungkook refused to sleep too, petting the wolf in attempt to calm it down, his parents decided to just stay awake too, knowing what would probably happen. After a few minutes, it happened. The pup had curled up into a ball, it's form changing into a much more human like form, much bigger than Jungkook. The smaller boy didn't step back or move away, he just stayed still and watched. His mother reached out to the now human wolf, rubbing his arm. 

 

The boy had brown hair, plump lips, golden eyes. "W-who are y-you?," he stuttered out, slightly scared. It wasn't his first shift, but he was in a different environment, accompanied by foreign scents. The two adults don't answer, and the wolf's eyes turn to the other boy beside him. "Jungkook," he mumbled and moved closer to him. They weren't surprised that the wolf boy recognized their son and not them, their son had spent so much time with him that they were already close. From what they could see, he was older than Jungkook. 

 

"Hey, we won't hurt you." his father reassured with a small smile. "What's your name?," his mother then asks, holding on to his hand. "Seokjin. Kim Seokjin," he replies with a weak tone. Jungkook smiles, his name was the only thing ringing in his head at the moment. His mother reaches out to gently pat the wolf boy, "Alright, Seokjin. Now get some sleep and we'll get to know you better tomorrow,okay?." she says with a comforting voice. His father then hands him a blanket and stands up, gesturing for Jungkook to go back in his room. 

 

"No, I want to sleep with Seokjin hyung." he immediately says and hugs a pillow, snuggling against the older's side. The wolf boy smiles and pulls Jungkook closer, draping the blanket over him instead of using it before closing his eyes and falling asleep.

==========

The next day, they sat down to breakfast and got to know the wolf boy better. It turns out that Seokjin was adopted by another wolf pack when his was wiped out from a war. But then they abandoned him when he was attcked by another wolf, saying he was already tainted. Even after their meal, the two boys had sat there, chatting and getting to know each other well while Jungkook's mother had washed the dishes and while his father had stood out the door, waiting for the village newspaper. 

 

Days passed. Months passed. Years passed. Both of them have grown. Jungkook was delighted at Seokjin's bigger wolf form, finding it convenient for snuggling during cold weather. Seokjin had become the cook of the house, hunting and preparing their everyday meals, and Jungkook's parents were glad for that, appreciating the help. They enjoyed their life with the wolf around, but they had one problem. Wolves were forbidden in the village, and keeping one was punishable by death. When Jungkook was informed of this, he cried. 

 

So up to this day, they keep it a secret. Seokjin wasn't a bad wolf, he was a helpful and caring companion.

 

Besides, Jungkook would never let his hyung go. 

______________________________

Hope you like it~

Please Upvote, Comment, and maybe Subscribe to me?~