chapter seven - Memories forgotten, lost

The trio in the making
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter seven: Memories forgotten, lost. 

There Baekhyun stood, gnawing onto his bottom lip nervously, as he'd fumble uneasily in his rose-tinted sweater earning a look of concern from the doe-eyed. "Baek?" Kyungsoo, brows furrowing, approached the latter here as Baekhyun 'hum' in acknowledgment, anxious eyes fixated on the clock. "You seem..off." Kyungsoo remarked as he'd nodded in understanding, eyes widening in realization. "Ah." Came the reply, as Kyungsoo wriggled his brows suggestively, eyes glistening with mischief. "Chanyeol, is it?" Kyungsoo asked impishly.

"Y-yeah." Came the timid reply, as the raven turned away in embarrassment with Kyungsoo chuckling amusingly at the sight. "I knew it!" Kyungsoo exclaimed excitedly, as he'd clasped his hand gleefully. "Our Baekkie has grown huh." Kyungsoo teased, as the said man shook his head vigorously in denial. "Soo, there isn-" Kyungsoo 'hum' in response, as he'd shot the raven a puckish grin, eyes telling otherwise. 

"Soo!" Baekhyun shrieked, flushing. "What?" Kyungsoo smirked contendly in response to the latter's incessant cries. "I hate you!" Baekhyun retort, pouting. "Ouch." Feigning innocence, Kyungsoo sighed disappointedly, hanging his head low disheartenedly. "Yah!" Neither notice the pair of eyes watching them by the door, as the said man waited patiently for the pair to acknowledge his presence. "Stop it, Baek!" Kyungsoo ed, as he'd turned over coincidentally upon meeting a pair of chocolate brown orbs by the entrance. 

"Baek..?" Kyungsoo nudged the other, as the latter shot him a what-look in response. "He's here." Kyungsoo remarked, as the other knitted his brows in confusion. "Who?" Baekhyun prode, upon receiving no response. 

"Chanyeol." 

Baekhyun grew rigid at the mention of the other's name, as he'd widened his eyes in terror. "Oh my god." Baekhyun chided inwardly, as he'd stared blankly at Chanyeol, not noticing how red he has gotten at the sight of the latter. "Hello!" Chanyeol greeted, as he'd shot the pair a small smile in response, eyes never leaving the raven's. "H-hi." Baekhyun croaked nervously, as he'd averted the other's intensifying gaze. 

"Well, i shall leave you two to it then. I'll be in the kitchen if you need me!" Kyungsoo said, as he'd glanced waggishly at the raven, smiling roguishly before returning to the kitchen leaving the duo behind. 

Silence engulf the two, as neither made a move to speak. "Shall we?" Chanyeol, breaking the silence, initiated with Baekhyun nodding eagerly (a little too much at that). "Yes, that'd be nice." Chanyeol smiled contendly at the other's eager response as he'd exited the cafe, alongside with Baekhyun trudging behind. "Where are we heading to?" Baekhyun prode, as the latter grin mischievously. "You'll see." 

Baekhyun, palms clammy, could only nod wordlessly at the other's mischief. He wasn't expecting much, really coming from someone who'd spent his whole life at the cafe, with very little time for himself unfortunately. With Chanyeol leading, Baekhyun followed closely behind, neither saying much. Chanyeol would occasionally glance at the latter in secret, though many at times, Baekhyun too was caught staring at the said man. 

"Chanyeol?" Baekhyun called out timidly, as he'd awaited nervously for the latter's response. "Hmm?" Chanyeol hummed in acknowledgment as he'd stopped to face the latter, brows quirking. 

"Thanks."  Baekhyun stuttered, flushing. "What for?" Cocking his brows in question, the latter prode. "You know," Baekhyun paused, as the taller nodded encouragingly, urging the latter to go on. "J-just b-because.." Baekhyun trailed off, avoiding the latter's gaze. "Adorable much." Chanyeol ruffled the raven's hair affectionately at the sight of Baekhyun blushing away. 

"H-huh" Baekhyun stared flustered ahead, orbs widening. To that, Chanyeol smiled mischeviously in response as he'd started walking briskly ahead, leaving Baekhyun to his thoughts. "He likes me, he likes me not. He likes me, he likes me not. He likes me, he likes me not. He likes me, he likes me not. He likes me, he likes me not. He likes m-"

-

"Zi Tao!" Yifan hurried the latter, as he'd tucked the flustered other warmly to his side. "Sorry." Zi Tao muttered apologetically, as he'd shot the taller a sheepish grin. "Are you really that nervous?" Yifan chuckled as he'd pecked the other's cheek reassuringly in response. "You'll be fine! I'm sure of it." Zi Tao could only sigh helplessly in response. It was definitely not as easy as it seems. At the thought of meeting Yifan's parents for the very first time scares Zi Tao, truth to be told, he didn't knew what to expect, but to only hope for the better. 

"What if they don't like me, fanfan?" Zi Tao sighed worriedly. "They'll love you, Tao."  To that, Yifan smiled encouragingly,  

"Who wouldn't?" 

-

Luhan knew he was in no position to interfere in the duo's relationship, but he can't help but feel worried for the brunette. Jongin's been feeling pretty down in school these days, and as much as he'd wished to comfort the other, he didn't want for Sehun to misunderstand. Luhan felt bad having intrude in the pair's relationship to begin with, and he knew better than to provoke Sehun further. Sighing helplessly, he'd shook his head in defeat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter