chapter three - rough days ahead

The trio in the making
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter three: rough days ahead 

"Good morning, hunnie." Jongin cooed, wrapping his arms round the other as he'd snuggled in comfortably. "Morning." Sehun pecked the latter gently on the forehead, as he'd bury himself securely round the brunette. "We're going to be late if you're not going to wake up anytime soon." Jongin reminded, as he'd pushed himself off the bed, pulling Sehun with him. "I'm really tired." Sehun replied, eyes droopy. "I know, me too." Letting a sigh escape his lips, he'd haul the other up, with Sehun following behind much reluctantly. 

"Go wash up." Pecking Sehun quickly on the cheeks, he'd pushed the latter gently into the bathroom while he'd tidied up the room. "Mpmfh." Sehun grunted in response, as he'd entered the bathroom very much unwillingy. 

They were supposed to meet Luhan at the cafe just down the street in an hour's time, and Jongin didn't wish to be late. Glancing at his wrist watch nervously, he'd cleaned up the room in a haste. "Jongjong, can you please pass me the shower bottle puh-lease?" Sehun cried. "Yeah, just give me a minute." Jongin replied, as he'd dropped the broom behind, making his way to the store. Grabbing a newly-bought bottle of shamppo, he'd toss it through the slit.

Sehun thanked him, as Jongin nodded wordlessly. Brows furrowing, he'd finished where he'd last left off, placing the books by the shelf. After what seem like 20 minutes, Sehun came out of shower, drenched. Jongin, stared at the latter, mouth agape as his eyes roam freely round the latter's milky white skin. "Yah!" Sehun screeched, jolting Jongin out of his thoughts as the latter flushed crimson red, eyes fixated on the latter's tone arms. 

"Stop staring, jongjong." Sehun replied, eyes filled with mischeif. "I know, it's tempting." Jongin stared at the latter wordlessly, as he'd pulled his gaze away very much reluctantly. Tossing on a sweater, Sehun was soon dressed in no time as he'd let an amusing chuckle escape his lips. "You need to control those eyes of yours, Jong." A scoff followed after. "Can't help it, really. Not when my hunnie is so pretty." He'd whispered, as he'd snake his arms round the blonde's waist, nuzzling. 

"Hmm." Sehun smiled contentedly, as he'd pulled away from the latter's grasps. "Come on, we're going to be late." With Jongin following behind, the two made their way to the cafe on time as promised as they'd met with two familiar faces, being frequent patronizers. "Jongin!" The raven by the counter smiled widely, upon catching sight of the pair. "Sehun!" The doe-eyed boy waved, as he'd usher them in. 

"The usual?" Baekhyun asked, quirking his brows. "Yes, please." Sehun nodded his head in response as Kyungsoo brought the two to their usual seat. "Reserved just for you." "Thank you." Kyungsoo brushed it off with a small smile, as he'd acknowledged the blonde's word of thanks. The cafe was strangely quiet today, with very few customers by the counter. Nonetheless, it was already more than enough. 

"Will Luhan be here anytime soon?" Jongin spoke his thoughts out mindlessly, earning a frown from the other. "Probably, why?" He'd inquired. "Nothing." Came the small mummer. While Jongin scanned the cafe in hopes to catch sight of the other, he'd spot a familiar figure by the door as Luhan walked in hesitantly, hands shoved in his pockets. "Luhan!" Jongin called out, in an attempt to catch his attention. 

Luhan spun around, upon hearing his name being mentioned as he'd broke into a knowing smile. Approaching the pair, he'd notice how the latter's face darkened, eyes piercing through his. Shaking off his thoughts, he'd walked to the two merrily. "Sorry for being late." Luhan apologized as Jongin shrugged it off, smiling. "Nah, it's fine. We just got here not too long ago. Take a seat." Luhan took his seat next to Sehun awkwardly, as he'd greeted the other. "Hello, Sehun." Much to his surprise, the blonde replied with simply a nod as he'd made no intention of wanting to speak to the latter. 

"What would you like? My treat." Jongin offered as Luhan declined it politely. "Come on. Take it as a kind gesture eh?" Jongin said, as Luhan shot him a look of uncertainty. "Okay." Jongin broke into a wide grin as he'd called Kyungsoo over in a hurry. "Kyunggie, Luhan here would like to place his orders." Kyungsoo came in a flash, as he'd broke into a smile realizing it was the guy who came a few days ago. "Oh it's you again! What a coincidence." Luhan pursed his lips, a smile plastered on his lips upon coming to the realization it was the doe-eyed chef he'd met a while ago. 

"Kyungsoo?" He'd remembered the doe-eyed vivdly, he being the first person he had made acquaintances with upon arriving in Hongdae not too long ago. "Glad you'd remember." Kyungsoo chirped, seemingly pleased. "You know know each other?" Jongin asked, widening his eyes. "Yeah. We met, once." Kyungsoo replied as he'd diverted his attention back to the latter. "So, how may I help you?" Luhan gave him a small nod as a sign of thanks, as he'd ordered the usual; a ham & cheese sandwich. It being the only thing he was familiar with. 

"Alright. I'll be back really quick with your orders." Kyungsoo took down his orders swfitly, as he'd made his way to the counter to hand in the remaining orders over to Baekhyun. "Glad to see you've been making friends round here." Jongin exclaimed, hands clasps. "Thanks." Came the short reply. "Can we get on with the assignment already?" Sehun said rather abruptly, earning a stare from the brunette. "S-sure." Luhan stammered, as he'd fished out several documents from his bag, not wanting to upset the latter further. 

"I did research on the topic, hope it helps really." Luhan explained, as he'd awaited nervously for a response. "Well done! Thanks alot, Luhan." Jongin shot him a grateful smile, earning a scowl from the blonde. "We didn't ask you to." Came the blunt reply. "Sehun!" Jongin cut the latter off as he'd grinned sheepishly at Luhan. "Sorry about that." Luhan brushed it off with a understanding smile. "It's fine." 

"Here are your orders!" Kyungsoo chirped, as he'd broke the engulfi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter