chapter four - exposed

The trio in the making
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter four: exposed

Baekhyun, tired & exhausted, sigh exasperatedly as he'd fiddled with the remaining accounts boredly. "Need some help?" Kyungsoo offered politely, as he'd approached the latter, a worried smile plastered on his equally worn-out face. "It's fine." Baekhyun smiled reassuringly in response, as he'd went back to organizing the seemingly never-ending pile of accounts coming his way. Kyungsoo, eyes filled with apprehension & worried, shot a concern glance at the other. "Really?" Kyungsoo prode uncertaintly. "Yes, Soo." Letting a soft sigh escape his lips, he'd shot a knowing smile at the latter in hopes to put Kyungsoo's worried mind at rest. 

"Alright then." Kyungsoo gave in eventually, "I'm here if you need me, Baek. I'll always be there for you, you know." 

"I know, Soo. I know." Came the quiet reply. 

-

"Suho hyung!" The taller of two chirped excitedly, as he'd linked arms with the elder, skipping eagerly. "Yeollie!" Suho ruffled the other's hair affectionately in response. Seeing the younger looking all hyped-up & excited, Suho too, beamed in delight as he'd dragged the latter over to where the cafe was just down the street. "Where are we going?" Chanyeol prode in curiousity as Suho grinned sheepishly in response. "You'll see." 

-

Sehun awakened to the sound of his alarm clock ringing incessantly, as he'd jolt out of bed, only to realize the spot next to him strangely bare. There was no sign of the latter anywhere as Sehun called frantically for the other. "Jongin?" Feeling slightly disappointed, Sehun went back to their shared room uneasily, worried at the brunette's sudden disappearance. Failed at his desperate attempts at contacting the other, he'd let a frustrated groan escape his lips, as he'd paced back & forth worriedly.

Sehun knew he had angered Jongin the day before, and was going to apologize to the latter the next morning. Feeling bad & slightly apologetically, for having ditch Luhan behind and Jongin too, he'd grabbed his coat in a haste, as he'd made his way down to Luhan's, having remembered the other's address. He can only pray silently and hoped for the better. He was going to need an extra pair of hands to find the other whenever possible. 

Sehun sprinted as fast as his legs could take him, as he'd ran across the street, hands clammy. "Luhan!" Baekhyun called out impatiently, panting heavily having ran at full speed. Upon receiving no response, the latter grew desperate as he'd knocked on the door anxiously, gnawing onto his bottom lip anxiously as he'd awaited for a response or some sort. He was going to need Luhan's help to find Jongin, much to his displeasure. 

"Coming!" Luhan's voice resounded, as he'd opened the door swfitly, meeting eyes with a rather desperate looking Sehun. "S-sehun?" Luhan stammered, eyes widening upon realizing how disarrayed the latter looked. "May I come in?" Sehun croaked as the latter nodded wordlessly. "Sure." Luhan motioned for the other to make himself comfortable while he fixed up some tea for the blonde. "Do you perhaps need anything?" Luhan asked worriedly as he'd eyed the latter. 

"Jongin's missing." Sehun blurted, clapsing his hands in distress. "Sorry?" Luhan, ears perked at the mention of the brunette, furrowed his brows in response. "H-he's m-missing?" Luhan questioned. Sehun nodded wordlessly, as he'd croaked helplessly; "I couldn't get through him by all means, Luhan. I'm very much worried." Luhan can only watch the latter in silence. 

"I'm sure he's alright." Luhan reassured. "B-but, Jongin was never the sort to leave without me knowing!" Sehun shrieked in response. "He never did.." He'd whispered disappointedly. "Sehun, I-" 

"Luhan! The pipe's stuck! "

Sehun whipped his head up just in time to catch the brunette by the door as Jongin knitted his brows in question, "Sehun? W-why.." Widening his eyes in shock, he'd tightened his grip, sinking gradually into realization. "Sehun, I can ex-" Sehun cut him off harshly, as he'd shot the other a piercing glare. "Get away from me." He'd stammer with rage. When Luhan made no move to move away from the other, Sehun snapped, "Get away from me!" 

"Stop it, Sehun!" Jongin held the other back, having afraid he'd hurt the latter or worse, himself. "What's gotten into you?" Jongin questioned, as the latter smiled bitterly in response. "Nothing." Sehun, voice growing hoarse, face etched with sorro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter