chapter six - mishaps

The trio in the making
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter six: mishaps

Sehun trudged down quietly behind Luhan, as the pair made their way towards the dining area of which Zi Tao & Yifan now occupied. Upon meeting both Zi Tao & Yifan, whom Sehun presumed are slightly older than he, Sehun bowed politely at the two as a sign of respect & formality. "Take a seat anywhere you'd like, Sehun." Luhan said, as he'd took the seat nearest to Zi Tao with Sehun next to his. 

Widening his eyes at the abundance of food on the table, Sehun was very much shocked & overwhelmed greatly by the scent of fresh salmon & seafood plated neatly on  a  golden platter in front of him, with maids & butlers alongside the long table, serving wine occasionally to Luhan of which Luhan politely declined. "No wine tonight, Jae." He'd said, as the cook nodded in response obediently, motioning for the maids to serve what Luhan prefered over; Juice. 

"Please, help yourself." Luhan diverted his attention over to the blonde, as he'd shot him a welcoming smile. Sehun could only nod speechlessly in response. He was still trying to come to terms with the fact that the Luhan he knew, was in fact the next successor in line of the Lu's company. It being famous for it's branded goods, and commonly known for it's wealth and riches one would dreamed of possessing. 

"Sehun?" Jolting out of his thoughts, Sehun glanced reassuringly at the latter, as he'd helped himself generously to the food. Luhan smiled in satisfaction upon catching sight of the blonde eating contendly, eyes fixated on the latter. "Luhan, quit staring." Zi Tao hissed upon noticing how Luhan had been staring dreamily at the blonde for minutes now, giggling and smiling to himself occasionally. Luhan diverted his attention to the raven as he'd shot him a look of displeasure, earning a scoff from Zi Tao. 

"Your food's getting cold." 

Dinner went by rather smoothly with the exception of Zi Tao's unceasing questioning and Yifan's embarrasing face-plamed. "That's enough for tonight, Zi Tao." Luhan shook his head in disapproval as he'd tugged a rather flustered looking Sehun upstairs, with the blonde thanking him silently. Luhan brushed it off with a slight nod, "Don't mind him though. He's just uh inquisitive by nature, no harm intended." 

Sehun watched silently as Luhan adjusted the pillows & blankets neatly, "Luhan?" Sehun spoke up ever so quietly. 

"Hmm?" 

"Thank you for everything. I-i owe you one." In spite of Sehun's cold & seemingly unfriendly appeal, Sehun can be rather shy & reserved at times. Luhan chuckled amusingly in response, as he'd shrug it off with a small smile, "Yeahyeah." 

Due to the fact that there weren't sufficent rooms available to accommadate the latter, since both Yifan & Zi Tao rarely had visitors coming over with the exception of Luhan, they find no need in constructing more rooms aside from the maids quarter. Given this fact, Luhan volunteered to sleep on the couch for the night, and have the bed ready-made for Sehun instead. 

"I-i mean i'm completely cool with taking the couch. It's fine, really!" Sehun exclaimed as the latter shot him a hearten smile in return. Luhan insisted he was fine taking the couch, leaving Sehun feeling apologetic and guilty already. "Luhan, please." Sehun pleaded desperately as he'd tried to reason with the latter, in hopes to persuade Luhan to take the bed instead while he took the couch for the night. "Sehun." Luhan shot him a look of disapproval as he'd trudged downstairs with several pillows & blankets in hand. 

"Luhan, i'm being serious here!" Sehun called out frantically, as he'd grip the latter by the wrist, halting Luhan in his movements as the other nudged him playfully to the side. "Please, Sehun. I'm not going to allow you to take the couch." Sighing in exasperation, he'd pull away from the blonde's grasps as he'd went ahead firmly with his decision in mind. Being as stubborn and strong-headed as always, Sehun was determined to have Luhan take the bed for the night. Sehun owed Luhan too much. How could he possibly ask for more? 

Sehun followed suit as he'd grab Luhan by the arm forcefully, yanki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter