chapter one - the new intern

The trio in the making
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: annyeong chingus! i am back with a new fic entitled 'The trio in the making' (TRITM), starring my ultimate biases (sekailu). in contrast to [FINE], [TRITM] mainly focuses on rom-com, fluff and occasional 'angsty' moments here and there. (keyword; occasional) i'm beyond excited to start on this fic, really, mainly because i've always wanted to write something along the 'fluff' lines for a little while now. unlike [FINE], in this story, 3 of exo's main pairings; chanbaek, sulay, taoris will be featured as part of the supporting casts. though this fic is sekailu-based, the other minor pairings will nonetheless still be given an equal amount of 'screen time' each, with several of the chapters dedicated solely to the following supporting casts. if you're into fluff/rom-com, this fic would definitely be worth the read! being an avid fanfic reader/writer myself, i've come across numerous sekailu centered based fanfics, some of which i personally felt commendable & in the process of writing [TRITM], i gained many inspirations by several wonderful aff authors and of course, motivated and encouraged by my lovely subbies and fellow peers. i am grateful honestly, for being able to receive numerous encouragement and support from you guise, and i am trying my ultimate best to create a fic which i hope most of you would like. ending off this lengthy a/n of mine, i'd liked to thank all of you so much for taking your time in reading this, and once again, do give much love and support for [TRITM] and i hope to see most of you on here as well!

>

chapter one - the new intern

"Have you got everything packed, sweetheart?" Mrs Lu would asked the blonde anxiously now, as she glances at the clock nervously. "Mhm." Nodding wordlessly, Luhan would reply unenthusiastically, as he'd stuff the remaining into the pastel-blue carry-on bag with much reluctance. "I'm sure you'll love it there." Chirping excitedly, Mrs Lu would motion for the maids to assist Luhan while she tend to some matters in the living hall.

Letting an annoyed sigh escape his lips, Luhan would shake his head in dismay as he'd brushed off the maids irritably, not shortly after the departure of Mrs Lu. "Leave me alone, please." Frustrated and worn-out, Luhan would gesture for the maids to leave seeing them being as adament as ever. "But, Mrs Lu gave instructions t-" Cutting the bobbed-hair maid off abruptly, he'd shot her a glare as he'd tugged onto the luggage with much force, dragging it down the magnificent stairway located in the Lu's Manor.

"Yes, yes. I'll see to it right away. Thank you." Mrs Lu nodded in understanding as she'd clutch her phone in hand, the corners of twitching ever so slightly. "Sure, he'll be there by this evening." She'd assured, as she'd ended the call swfitly not long after, placing the phone onto the counter top. Upon seeing Luhan entering the living hall, with his luggage and carry-on bag in hand, she'd frown in disapproval. "I'd thought i gave specific instructions to get the maids to assist you."

"I'm fine, really. I can manage." Luhan would reply nochalantly, earning a look of dislike from the other. "Come here." She'd motion for the latter to come closer while she issued him several documents, which Luhan assumed were school appeals and a couple of resumes following after. "You'll need these." She'd beamed in satisfaction, as she'd motioned for the maids to send Luhan off and gave them specific instructions to ensure his safety was priority at all times.

"You hear me?" The maids would nod in unison, as they'd Luhan off to the black limo now parked outside of the Lu Manor's. "Bye, Luhannie!" Mrs Lu beamed in delight as she'd bid her son farewell, eyes sparkling wwith excitement. Much to Mrs Lu disappoinment, Luhan merely returned the smile with a wave of his hand, as he'd made his way to the black limo with the help of several maids and butlers by his side.

"Be sure to give me call once you've arrived in Seoul, all the neccessary arrangements have been made." She'd grin in delight as she'd gave him a final wave of the hand before retreating back into the manor. Luhan, was the next successor of the Lu's Company, or so as claimed by several others. He was going to be given specific training at one of Seoul's pretsigous universities, or widely-known as 'SM High. where only the elite and the rich can afford to enroll in. He was going to be attending 'SM High' for the next 6 months or so, and gain his certificate of masters degree before heading back to mainland China where his family resides.

Though Luhan was very much displeased with the planned arrangements, he knew jolly well he was in no position to questioned his father's authority. Was he at all excited & hyped-up? Not the least bit. Why so? To be very honest, there isn't a particular reason why. Luhan just hated the rich as much as he'd hated the elite. He reckon they were all stuck-up and cocky, some of which he'd felt were simply intolerable. For all these reasons, he didn't see why there could be a  possible reason for him to love the elite much to the other's surprise, since he was one himself.

"We have arrived." Luhan nodded wordlessly, as he'd exited the black limo with the help of several butlers by his side, ushering him towards the airport as instructed to. Ruffling his bangs slightly, Luhan would enter the airport, the smell of freshly baked cookies wafting through the air. "Get me a cookie, please." As ridiculous as it sounds, Luhan has this weird feitish for cookies and all things sweet. He would live on cookies and cakes if he was allowed to. Sadly, he wasn't much to his displeasure.

"Y-yes, Mr Lu." One of the maids replied almost immediately, as she'd rushed off ahead to grab some cookies for the latter. "Chocolate chip ones, please!" He'd call out after her, as he'd tug his bowtie off, feeling uncomfortable already. "Next, please!" Realizing he was still in line, he'd hurried to the next counter, handing the neccessary over with much reluctance. "Name and ticket please?" The counter lady would flush in embarrassment as she'd blushed feverishly. "Luhan." Handing his ticket over swiftly, he'd paid no attention to the counter lady.

"T-thank you." Haning his ticket and passport over, she'd gnaw onto her bottom lip, attempting to catch the latter's attention. Much to her dismay, Luhan shot her a smile of thanks as he'd handed his passport over to his butlers, before making his way down to the departure hall, not even bothering to spare a glance at the younger. He'd hurried along, as the maid came scurrying back with a chocolate chip cookie in hand just like Luhan had requested for. The corners of his lips stretched to wide grin as he'd took the cookie in hand, munching on it deliciously.

"Thanks." He'd mutter, as he'd took a huge bite off the side, making his way to the departure where further security checks and carry-on luggage checks were conducted. Mrs Lu  had made arrangements for Luhan to take the VIP route instead, making things much easier. At times like this, Luhan felt being rich had it's benefits too. Passing gates and several counters, he was now on the plane, taking his seat at the front cabin of the plane.

Unlike the other cabins, the front cabin is specially reserved for special guests and/or the elite (aka the rich). Only very few are able to afford a seat in the front cabin. The front cabin seats were rather wide and there was sufficent leg room for the latter, Luhan got accustomed very much quickly, since he was pretty much flying most of the time and had very little time spent at home or even for himself. He'd prop his legs over the other as he'd began his usual routine on the plane it being; listening to music, sleeping & reading.

After what seem like years on the flight, the plane finally arrived in Incheon airport, which Luhan himself was personally familiar with since he had relatives staying over in Seoul. He'd alighted the plane, maids and butlers following b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter