[ff] cycle 21

You're Just a Touch Away (But That's Still Too Far Away)

 

Cycle 21

 

When Yoongi turns 18, a name appears on his left wrist. 전정국 (Jeon Jungkook). He has no idea who is this person and he definitely has no intention to find this person neither. Yoongi sincerely thinks that the whole soulmate thing is plainly stupid. How is it possible for two persons, who may have or may have not known each other, fall in love just because they have each other’s name written on their wrists? ‘Bull’ Yoongi thinks.

It isn’t until one day, when Yoongi is making his way to his home; he hears someone yells out “Yah, Jeon Jungkook, wait up for me!” rather too loudly. Yoongi halts in his walk. A boy coming from his behind walks pass by him. He watches the boy approaches a taller boy who he assumes as Jeon Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook whose hair is jetblack. Jeon Jungkook whose eyes seem to hold all the stars in the night sky. Jeon Jungkook whose fair skin seems to glow under the sun. Jeon Jungkook whose existence makes Yoongi’s heartbeat speeds up without even realizing it.

The short boy smiles brightly at Jungkook. Yoongi watches the two boys talk before they both lean in and then they kiss. Yoongi doesn’t understand why his heart hurts while watching the two boys kiss. Yoongi doesn’t understand why his lungs feel like they’re out of oxygen as Jungkook pulls the shorter boy closer to deepen the kiss. When the two boys finally pull away, Jungkook’s eyes meet Yoongi’s.

Yoongi turns and runs away. He runs away because he doesn’t think he can stand the slight burn he felt on his wrist when their eyes met. He runs away because he doesn’t think he can handle the twist his stomach made when their eyes met. He runs away because he doesn’t want anyone to see the tears running down his cheeks, especially not Jeon Jungkook.