[ss] cycle 01 (part 2)

You're Just a Touch Away (But That's Still Too Far Away)

 

t/n: Chronologically, the events happened from part 2, part 3 to part 1


Cycle 01 (part 2)

“Yoongi,” his mom calls out. “Come and greet our neighbour, honey.”

The small kid stands up a bit too quickly, nearly losing his balance. He run as fast as his little legs can carry him to his mom; he has been waiting eagerly for their neighbour’s visit. His mom told him that their neighbour has a kid and that means Yoongi will be getting a new friend! Once he gets to his mom, he sees a woman in a nice peach floral-printed dress, standing at the front entrance of their house and carrying a much smaller kid in her arms.

“Hello,” Yoongi starts happily. “Good afternoon, ma’am. My name is Yoongi and I am five years old!” he finishes with a big smile on his face.

“Ah, such a nice boy. Hello to you too, Yoongi.” The woman then puts her child down to stand beside her and ruffles Yoongi’s hair and then she turns her attention to her child.

“Darling, why don’t you tell them your name?” The woman says sweetly. The small kid’s expression changes and he looks up to his mom worriedly. He shakes his head and runs to hide himself behind his mom’s legs.

“Sorry about that. Jungkook is still learning his words and he is very shy around new people.” The woman states to both Yoongi and his mom.

“How old is Jungkook?” Yoongi asks the woman softly but he is barely looking at her; he’s trying to look at Jungkook who is still hiding behind the woman’s legs.

“Jungkook is two years old this year. Oh, you can call him Kookie. Kookie is more familiar with that.” The woman tells him.

“Kookie?” Yoongi tests the name gently.

Jungkook then peeks from the side of her mom’s legs to look at Yoongi timidly and Yoongi’s eyes widen. Because Kookie has the fluffiest hair ever, and Kookie has a pair of lovely doe eyes, and Kookie has the cutest button nose, and Kookie’s chubby cheeks are slightly rosy pink in colour which Yoongi thinks, is very pretty, and Kookie has adorable pouty lips, and Kookie is very small, tiny Yoongi dares to think, especially his small hands and Yoongi likes it. He likes Kookie so, so, so much.

“Kookie, I am Yoongi. Since I am older, you can call me hyung.” Yoongi says cheerfully. He offers his hand for Kookie to take.

Jungkook still looks a little hesitant but slowly enough, he moves from hiding behind his mom to stand beside his mom. He looks at his mom and his mom pats his head before nodding at him. Then, Jungkook looks at Yoongi and the said older boy flashes a genuine smile at younger. Step by little step, Jungkook makes his way towards Yoongi and ever so slowly takes the hand Yoongi offers. The small hand and the delicate fingers feel so soft in Yoongi’s hold.

“Hyung,” whispers the little boy in such soft voice and Yoongi breaks into the brightest smile ever.

Yoongi is too young to understand what he’s feeling right now.

He’s too young to understand why he feels the need to run his fingers through Kookie’s hair.

He’s too young to understand why he can see his whole world in Kookie’s eyes.

He’s too young to understand why he has the urge to nudge their noses together.

He’s too young to understand why he thinks that Kookie’s cheeks will feel like marshmallows if he squishes them.

He’s too young to understand why he wants to listen to his name coming out from Kookie’s lips in that soft voice.

He’s too young to know why it feels like they belong to each other.

And he’s definitely too young to get the hint that The Star has long decided on their fate.

 


 

a/n: Okay, so, I don't remenber which event was supposed to happen in part 3. I'm not sure whether it supposed be 'when they got their soulmate marks' scene or 'Yoongi would protect Jungkook' scene (as mentioned in part 1). So, I'm giving you guys the liberty to choose (lmao). Please leave a comment on which scene do you guys prefer and before (any of) you might even try, please refrain yourself from asking me to do both. I'm sorry but I can't do both.

p.s I know it would be much more convenient to use a poll but I don't know how to insert a poll...