Chapter Eight

When You Can't Let Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her dreams were always the same.

 

Flashback

Dara hurried to shower and get dressed so she can meet her knight-in-shining-armor. She pulled three dresses out of her closet and was trying so hard to decide which one to wear. She picked a yellow sundress that reached above her knees and decided to pair it with her white sneakers and a brown leather shoulder bag. She left her hair flowing nicely down her back but brought a hair tie just in case the wind picks up or Jiyong likes it tied up.

‘I really hope she shows up.’ Jiyong thought. He sat on one of the benches to wait for her.

Speeding past the houses, Dara puffed as she tried to get to the meeting spot as fast as possible. She spent so much time daydreaming so she’s now ten minutes late! ’I hope he didn’t leave because he thought I wasn’t coming!’

“Jiyong!” She called out. As she reached him, she paused to catch her breath “Sorry I’m late. I got caught up in something.”

“I thought you weren’t coming, Dara. But thank you for meeting me and spending your birthday with me. Won’t you parents mind that you’re spending your big day away from them?” Jiyong asked. “I asked for their permission and we will just celebrate when I get back.” She answered. “Where are we headed?”

Jiyong took her everywhere.

They were inseparable afterwards. Since Dara was still in college, he would pick her up to and from school. They would take walks at the park and eat at all these wonderful restaurants that Jiyong knew.

“Hey, Ji. We’ve known each other almost eight months now and I hardly know anything about your family. I know your family has a lot of money given the number of different cars you drive and the expensive restaurants you take me to. I hope you know that they’re not important to me”, Dara said.

“I know they’re not and that’s why you’re more precious to me than anything in this world. My family and I are not close. I have a very protective mother and an absentee father. My sister, Dami and I grew up with servants and with generic birthday presents. We’ve never spent a single holiday with them and I never told you this because I think this will put pressure on you but I am set to take over as the head of Kwon Industries when my father steps down in a few years”, Jiyong explained.

Dara was taken aback by Jiyong’s explanation. She knew he was rich but she never expected that his family was one of the wealthiest in Korea. They own three of the biggest malls in the country and has stock in the major oil companies in Korea and abroad. She’ll never be enough for someone like him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter