Chapter Ten

When You Can't Let Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s Note: I don’t own anything.

 

Her cries were like daggers digging in his heart. Whatever ‘or whoever’ made her cry this way will pay. Dara never met G-Dragon, he didn’t want her to be exposed to his darker side and would have wanted to keep it that way but there seems to be no other choice. He needs to get to the bottom of things and he needs to do it fast.     

Soon enough, the plane landed. Dara fell back to sleep on Jiyong’s lap, her tears drained her of energy. He carried her out to the waiting car and they were driven to his house in New York.

“Dara, wake up. We’re home”, Jiyong shook her gently and touched her face. He traced her lips and thought, ‘yes, home is wherever you are’. Dara stirred but was too tired to open her eyes let alone get up from her very comfortable (AN: AHEM!) pillow. “You are just too adorable”, Jiyong said and nibbled on her lips. She sighed and snuggled closer Jiyong’s chest, burying her face on his neck huffing softly.

Jiyong carried her upstairs to their room and laid her under the covers. “Sleep, my love. We’ll talk tomorrow.”

A few doors away from the master’s bedroom, his son is sleeping. ‘I can’t believe I have a son’, he thought. He slipped in his son’s room. ‘Note to self: redecorate Ji-hoon’s room.’ Jiyong stood at his son’s bedside, wanting to memorize his face. ‘I’m a father.’ He smiled softly and turned to go out of the room when a little voice stopped him in his tracks, “Are you my daddy? The tall man with the funny voice said you were my daddy.” Jiyong turned back and saw his son with covers up to his chin. “Yes, I am your daddy Ji-hoon”, he answered.

His son burst into tears and asked, ”Why did you wait ‘til I was big to come get us? My mama always cries at night and locks her room so I can’t come and hug her”. Jiyong went to his son’s side and hugged him tight, “Daddy is sorry, baby. Daddy didn’t know where you were but I’m here now. There’s nothing that will keep me away now that I found you and your mama”. He comforted Ji-hoon until he fell asleep, hiccupping softly as kids are prone to do.

‘Like mother, like son.’

Jiyong went back to their room and checked on his Dara. He took the quickest shower in his life and sat on the chair next to the bed and watched her breathe.

 

Flashback – Jiyong

He almost tore heaven and earth for her. Only Seung-hyun was able to calm him down. He can still taste her on his lips and her scent, jasmine, was still in the air. He couldn’t bear to stay in the same house she left him in so he moved back to his parent’s house while he’s finalizing the purchase of his new home.

During breakfast the day after Dara disappeared his mother mentioned, “Jiyong, the daughter of the Mizuhara Group is here in Korea and our families would like to go for dinner and discuss a business merger tonight. Your father has demanded that you join since you’re taking over the business.”

“No”, Jiyong left the table and asked for his car to be brought to the front of house so he can go to work.

For the next four months, he has managed to decline every single dinner, lunch and the occasional vacation invitation from his mother. He knew what this was about and he swore he’ll never fall in their trap. ’I wonder if my mother had anything to do with Dara’s disappearance.’

Mrs. Kwon didn’t know what to do. Her s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter