Chapter VI

Hitched, Ditched, and Left Behind

7: 26 P.M, Korean Time, Seoul, South Korea

This was beginning to get creepy.

 

First time is perfectly fine, the second time is coincidence or chance....

 

The third time is flat out a red light.

 

I froze, still holding the taxi door open as I stared at Ajusshi for the third time that day. From the rear-view mirror he glanced back at me, his eyes squinting with suspicion before widening for a brief moment. The staring contest broke when Nicole pushed me into the passenger seat, I simply scooted to the other side silently as the others got in, half confused and half creeped out.  He simply smiled. 

 

-"Maybe I should just become your personal driver Agasshi." 

 

Malea glanced over at me confused. "You know each other?" I only nodded, my full attention still on the 40 year old looking driver who seemed to find amusement in this. "Ajusshi...neo-, eottokhae?"(Sir...you-, how?)

 

He laughed silently and shrugged. "If this continues I may need to remember your destinations by heart." 

 

Malea, Nicole, and Christina stared at him as if he were crazy, I smiled. 

 

-"Ireumi mwoya Agasshi?" (What is your name Miss?) I leaned forward in the seat. "Abigail imnida..."

 

He thought for a moment before nodding. "Arraseo Abigail-shi, eodi gagoshipeoyo?" (Alright Miss Abigail, where would you like to go?) I gave him the address to our apartment before sitting back down and glancing at the girls. 

 

Malea looked as if she were going to pass out from exhaustion, Nicole seemed like she was ready to flip someone, and Christina?....

 

Well, that's a different story.

 

*

-"Cray, you sure you'll be alright?" Nicole leaned her head against the locked bathroom stall where Christina was.

 

-"Yeah....I'll be-fine..." Nicole huffed as she groaned in pain, it'd take an idiot not to realize that she was lying. "C'mon Cray, what'd you need? Midol, Aspirin, Tylenol...what?"

 

Another groan. "More like Morphine.....ugh."  Quickly Nikki stood up straight as another group of girls entered the bathroom, heading over to the mirror to fix their make-up. She only rolled her eyes, choosing to ignore them while once more knocking on the stall. "Cray, what do you want me to do?" It was a brief pause before she answered. 

 

-"Just stay there for a moment....I'll be right out." 

 

Another lie.

 

-"Did you see Suho oppa anywhere?" Nicole's ears perked up as she began to listen into the girl's conversation.  "Aniyo....he must have slipped out after the last song." The shorter girl nodded, taking  a moment to glare at Nicole through the mirror's reflection before speaking.

 

-"I don't get these foreigners, all they do is come over to Korea as if it's a shopping center for men, and they're not even that attractive....can't they just get out?" 

 

Nicole bit her lip to keep her from responding, choosing instead to let the taller one answer. "Might as well, I'll never understand why they think they're so pretty with that dark skin and those wide hips.....like who even likes all those curves? It's disgusting..."

 

At that, she burst out laughing, hunching over and leaning against the stall door as her whole body shook slightly. The two girls turned to look at her confused, she only raised her hand and waved for them to wait as she finally calmed down.

 

-"Chwesonghamnida....I'm not listening to a word you're saying, keep talking it's fine!"  

 

Their expressions were priceless as they hurried to put their things away and rushed out the bathroom, Nicole only rolled her eyes and waited as Christina finally open the stall with a sigh and smiled. "I'm ready now!" Nikki just frowned. "About time! Let's go before I miss D.O."

 

Christina nodded, rushing to wash her hands before exiting behind Nicole.

 

-"What were those girls saying....I couldn't hear properly." Nikki shook her head. "A bunch of crap....that made absolutely no sense. If people in this country still think this way then they got problems." Cray only raised a brow in confusion. "Okay?..."

 

She jumped startled as her phone vibrated in her purse, reaching in to shuffle through the mess in order to find it. Nicole glanced at her. "Is it the others calling?"

 

She only shrugged. "I don't know...can't find my phone-...Oh, sorry! I mean, mianhaeyo!" 

 

She looked up apologetically at the person she bumped into, forgetting how to breathe once she finally looked him in the eye. "Omo.....chwesonghamnida!"

 

Kim Joomyeon glanced around quickly before smiling back at her. "It's alright...are you okay?" 

 

No....no she wasn't. Then again, no normal girl would be fine when her decade long bias just so happened to bump into her. And no, she didn't play it off.

 

-"Neh...I'm fine." She frowned, clearing as she realized her voice came out sounding a pitch lower than the chippettes. 

 

Suho grinned in amusement, patting her shoulder before backing away. "Sorry again, I'll see you at the line right? You're here for the fan meeting?"

 

She simply bit her lip and nodded.....this was sooo not happening to her. It was a dream, it had to be.

 

With that he bowed slightly and waved, walking away with a single backwards glance that once again....left her breathless.

 

She stood there frozen for more than a minute, searching behind her to find Nicole sitting on a random chair hidden behind a vending machine nearby. Christina walked up to her.

 

-"Yo....did you see that? That was real right?....and why are you here?" Nicole laughed shortly. "You think I'm gonna just stand there while he walk up outta nowhere? You funny." 

 

Christina slapped her arm. "So you ditched me and left me there by myself?!" Nicole shrugged and got up. "I'm not the one who bumped into Exo's leader....you were."

 

Christina partially fazed a gasp. "Well thanks a lot......oh my goodness I can't believe I just saw him!!!! Ah!" 

 

Nicole only thew her hands in the air. "Here we go again."

 

*

 

All through out our waiting time in line, Cray couldn't keep the smile off of her face as she recounted her tale to a very excited Malea and the rest, nearly losing her mind as he came up to the table and took his seat between D.O and Baekhyun. 

 

Meeting them hadn't gotten me as ecstatic as I had thought. Sure, my heart beet a few paces faster then normal, but other than that, I was the normal one in the group....why me and not Nicole?

 

Because she just so happened to have her phone drop outside of the line while approaching the last person on the table, having to step out and grab it while trying to explain to a suspicious security officer that the phone was actually hers....

 

The last person in line was D.O, which explained her current expression of wanting to flip someone.

 

I was a bad friend, not being able to hold back a chuckle as I reached over and not so soothingly patted her on the back. "You'll be fine Nikki....it's not as if you'll never see him again." My voice was far from sincere, and she shot me a glare. 

 

-"Shut up Abigail."

 

I bit my lip and returned to my former position, still finding humor in that night's whole situation as I pulled out my own phone to check what I had missed....a voicemail:

 

"Dear Miss Abigail, we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted from your audition into JYP entertainment company....congratulations and I-."

 

 

I dropped the phone.

*