Chapter III

Hitched, Ditched, and Left Behind

The apartment we lived in was a cozy one with two rooms, two full bathrooms and a half, a kitchen with and open space connected to the living room, and the living room having a scenery type window giving us an outlook into our rural location in the outskirts of Seoul. The night we had arrived I had been too tired to look around, both Nikki and I decided to share a room, each taking a bed and passing out without a second thought. Nighttime took me by surprise, Malea and Christina had already adjusted while the two of us were still stuck on Eastern Time.

With a groan I kicked the door shut before slipping off my shoes to walk around in socks.

-"Hey, did anyone go shopping for food yet?"

Malea peeked out of her bedroom door. "Oh, you're here...yeah I did, how was orientation?" I sighed, heading towards the kitchen to grab a bottle of water before resting against the island counter. "Boring, just a tour around and a bunch of info that was unnecessary...hey, question, is your mom going to continue sending an allowance?"

I already knew the answer to that question...Malea's mother was exactly like mine, if not stricter. The fact that we managed to be able to study abroad with their permission was a miracle in and of itself that I would never forget to thank God for.

I wasn't surprised by her response one bit. Malea frowned and walked out to the living room to sit. "She gave me three...no two weeks, to get a job." I chuckled at the irony and took a quick sip. "Same here."

-"Three weeks to find a job when we've just arrived in a foreign country to study...now how is that possible?" We both turned to look as Nicole walked out of our shared room with an empty bag of chips, I simply shook my head. "And why do you sound like you're complaining? You're just the freeloader in the group." She ignored that statement. "You're lucky you got three weeks, I have 'till next Thursday to find one."

Now that was a shock...

I stared at her, a moment of shock passing before my expression quickly returned to a blank stare. "Of course, you're not having nay classes...so what else are you gonna do, stay inside all day?"

-"Only an idiot would move to South Korea only to stay locked inside an apartment." I sighed, throwing the plastic bottle away as I headed to sit next to Malea. If it weren't for the fact that I had classes and needed to get a job...I would've stayed locked inside the apartment all day.

-"Then I must be an idiot." Nikki smirked at my answer.

-"We've already established that." The only response Nikki received was a pillow to the head.

Just then Christina walked in, two bags with take-out plates in either hand as the smell of chicken and French fries filled the place. "Guess what tomorrow night is guys!" I was prepared to answer the obvious:

Wednesday...but Malea beat me to it.

-"Wednesday, the fan-meeting!" I buried my face into the pillow to muffle my groans as Christina say the food on the kitchen counted. Nikki peered curiously into the bag. "What'd you buy?"

-"Chicken and French fries....oh, and pizza."

I grinned, Cray only shook her head. "What? It was either that or the octopus restaurant next door, that taxi driver had way too much of a dialect for me to understand."

Nikki handed me the pizza and fries as she passed by us to the loveseat. "Here vegetarian." I rolled my eyes and took it anyways.

-"So, where can we possibly get jobs?" Cray turned to look at the three of us. "Oh my God!...I need one too!" I chuckled once again, quickly frowning as the banana clip I wore opened one more time from the pressure of my thick hair. "So we're on the same boat. How are we gonna do this?" Nikki didn't answer, grabbing the remote and turning on the TV; the channel being MBC.

Exo was performing...

Just my luck...I decided to arrive in South Korea during kpop comeback season, my life was gonna be great!

Sarcasm people....sarcasm.

The others quieted down and stared at the screen; I simply listened to the song and stared pointlessly at the ceiling. And then...

-"Hey, what if we worked in the entertainment industries?" I of course was joking with my exclamation, but they didn't take it that way. Instead I looked down to see three pairs of eyes staring at me as if I just made the declaration of the century...

These guys couldn't take a joke.

-"That's a great idea..."

Cray spoke after Malea. "It's pretty good though." And then I got slapped on the arm, by Nikki. "Why didn't you think of that earlier?" I glared at Nikki. "Well sorry...and I was joking by the way." They all ignored my last statement. "What jobs could we get at an entertainment company?" Nikki frowned as Lea reached over to grab some of her fries; Exo on TV was long forgotten by then.

-"A staff member, what else?" Cray nodded, and a smile spread over Lea's face before she spoke up. "I would so apply for Big Hit...I should." I huffed sarcastically. "Of course, an opportunity to be close to BTS shows up, why wouldn't you take it?" Lea grinned, and I slapped Nikki's hand as she tried to steal my pizza...

Don't steal my food.

-"Hya, pabo...just because she stole your food doesn't mean you can steal mine." She grabbed a slice anyways.

-"So, guys, when should we go apply?" My eyes got larger than they already were, and I turned to fully stare at Malea. "Wait, you're serious about this?" She shrugged. "Why wouldn't we be?" Nikki turned to rest her head on my leg. "I need to find a job in a week, and no one accepts people faster...at least, no one that interests me so...I'll head over to YG tomorrow."

-"You can't go tomorrow; we have to go to the fan-meeting."

 I exhaled in frustration and stuffed a slice into my mouth to stay quiet, Nikki responded to their complaint. "I'll make it, isn't it at like 4? I'll be leaving at 8 anyways to check if there are positions open...and you're acting as if the idea you made is crazy. You know another place that'll accept foreigners that easy?" As correct as Nikki was, I didn't agree so easily. "One...yes, teaching" The looks they gave me almost made me laugh. "And two, what exactly are we applying for?" My skepticism was tiring them out. "I can apply as a make-up artist or concept producer." Lea agreed with Cray. "Yea me too..." Nikki poked my rib. "You and I could go in as songwriters or something...we'll see when we get the Abbi."

I was done arguing. "I'll go along, and hopefully they don't stare at me like I'm an idiot...oh! And I'm going to JYP then."

*

A week later...

11: 35 A.M Korean Time, JYP Headquarters, Seoul, South Korea

They wanted to meet to talk about my application.

...

-"Gomapseumnida ajusshi!" The taxi driver nodded and smiled as I closed the door and her drove off. It took all the craziness in me to step onto of me named JYP Entertainment. I wanted to take off running, but just then my phone rang...Lea. I picked up.

-"Are you there?"

I stared in front of me. "Hi...and yes I am."

-"Are you inside?" I rolled my eyes. "No...not yet."

-"Go in and then call me to tell me how it went." I nodded, then remembered that she couldn't see me. "Okay, bye."

*

-"Shillyehamnida (Excuse me)." The woman at the front looked up from her computer at me, blinked for a moment, and then smiled. "Neh, annyeonghaseyo." I bowed before moving forward. "Are you still available for me to come? I got a call saying that someone was to meet me about my application."

Of course they were still available Abigail...it was 11 o'clock in the morning.

She nodded, staring at me as if it were still a shock that some foreigners could speak Korean. "Yes, we still are. Do you know who called you?" I shook my head. "Ani...I applied for songwriting, that's it." She got up from her seat and motioned for me to follow her, and I did so.

The shock still hadn't worn off on the fact that I was in the same building as 2pm, 2am, Miss A, Got7, Day6, G. Soul, and all of the groups played on my phone....

Maybe I was still dreaming....

Except for the fact that we accidently bumped into two men I never believed I'd be alive next to:

CEO Park Jinyoung...and Day6's Kang Younghyun....

I was gonna die soon.

***