Chapter IV

Hitched, Ditched, and Left Behind

I had a tendency to daydream... a lot.

I'd spend my last waking hours in bed living out scenarios in my head, imagining how my life would turn out in the future. One day I had imagined getting a job at JYP and meeting Jinyoung sunbaenim along with the other celebrities in that company. But that was a daydream, and daydreams weren't supposed to happen...

They weren't supposed to, but what's I expect with the life I was given.

"Ah...chwesonghamnida." I bowed quickly, looking up to see both staring at me with smiles on their faces.

-"It's alright."

If it were another person, I would've frowned at them for responding in English, but I was too busy making sure my heart didn't leap out of my chest to do so. They probably thought that an apology was all I knew in Korean.

CEO Park glanced at the woman leading me for a moment, then fully faced me. "Are you new here?" I shook my head, surprisingly able to keep up the calm front. "No, I'm just applying today...or going over my application actually." He looked at me curiously; and I couldn't help but sneak occasional glances at Young. K's direction, my heart beating so hard I was close to forgetting how to breathe....again.

-"What are you applying here for?" I began to feel uncomfortable with all the English, but it would've been rude to answer in a different language, even if it was his own. "Songwriting...if possible." He nodded in slight interest, looking at me expectantly until I realized what he was waiting for. "Mianhada...Abigail imnida." And I bowed again.

Yes, I was one of those...

-"You speak Korean fluently?" I sighed in relief for the change of language. "Neh."

-"Do you read and write as well?" I nodded and repeated my previous answer. The woman beside me, Min-ah from her nametag, excused herself, leaving me with the head of one of the top 3 Korean entertainment industries and a celebrity...

Thanks...great

"I won't hold you anymore, was Min-ah going to lead you to the application and interview room?" I smiled briefly. "Yes, she was." Sunbaenim looked over at Young K. "I'll let him take you there...Younghyun, I'll go over the details with you later alright?"

-"Algeseumnida..."

We glanced quickly at each as we responded simultaneously.

This was gonna be interesting...

I kept my gaze on the floor, only looking up when my name was called...He said my name. "Um...is it okay to call you Abi or-?" I quickly shook my head. "Ani...it's fine. That's what they call me anyways." He chuckled, and I wasn't sure if it was because I looked idiotic or....

Because I looked idiotic.

I wasn't the way I was dressed or anything; Malea had made sure I didn't look like a bum going to apply for a job. My hair was done, no make-up cause I hated it...but I still looked nice, or at least descent.

Nope, that wasn't the problem...the problem was that I was talking with Young K. from Day6, the same Young K. I had secretly fan-girled over since the group's debut...and I was freaking out inwardly. And as much as I tried playing it cool, my body wasn't in control of my various facial expressions...so I probably looked like any other fangirl out there...

Crazy.

-"Okay then Abbi, follow me." I jumped a bit in surprise before rushing up to walk behind him, he waited until I was next to him to continue walking. "So, where are you from?" I frowned; I wanted to say Canada, where I was born...but it would somewhat be a lie.

Fine...

-"The U.S."

-"What area?" I glanced around at the hall we were walking in. "Florida actually." He nodded in interest. "You don't look like a person from there." I grinned; perfect. "I lived up North before that, I'm originally from Canada." His eyes widened a bit, and it finally dawned on me how tall he was...only about 3 inches above me.

-"Really...which part?" I smiled at some of the people walking by. "I was born Montreal." He was surprised, that was obvious. "That's not so far from Toronto...did you like it there?" I huffed, slowly finding myself more and more comfortable talking to him.

-"Loved it...sorta regret having to move to the U.S." As I stared at my feet, I could hear him chuckling.

-"So, why South Korea? Why learn the language?"

I could've sworn that Young K. was an introvert, yet he managed to keep this conversation more alive than I ever could. I stuffed my hands into my pockets and shrugged. "For school...I learned the language cause I wanted to try something new."

Another nod...

-"So you're here for school, where are you attending?" I kicked at the air to relieve the rest of my tension. "Kyunghee as of next week."

-"Here by yourself?"

-"No, three other friends with me." And with that he stopped walking, running his fingers through his hair before pointing at the door in front of us. "Here we are."

I had completely forgotten that I had come for a job, and bit by bit the rest of reality started to settle in. I glanced at the door before turning back to him and bowing a bit, a air of awkwardness filling in once again.

-"Gomapseumnida..."

He laughed a bit. "Ani...you're welcome. Nice meeting you." I couldn't hold back a smile. "You too..."

And I reluctantly walked in.

*

"Neh ajushhi." I somehow managed to get the same taxi driver as before, getting into the back of the vehicle and making myself comfortable as he drove off to where I supposed to meet with the others.

Today was Wednesday, and today was definitely my favorite day of the week. The would-be-disaster turned amazing-encounter left me in a very...

Very good mood.

With a contented sigh, I pulled out my phone and checked the missed call I had received...Nikki. So I called her back.

-"Why didn't you pick up?" I rolled my eyes. "Wow, can no one say hi anymore?"

She ignored my statement. "You will never believe what just happened." I smirked.

-"I could say the same, but you go first....spill."

***