Chapter V

Hitched, Ditched, and Left Behind

She was about to go crazy...if she wasn't already.

-"So, I'm going into YG's building and looking for someone to help me, but no one is around except for a couple people who looked like they were waiting too. So, to try and help out, I walked around and tried to find someone. Some how I found myself downstairs-." I sighed.

 

-"Really Nikki?"

 

-"Be quiet and let me finish." I stuck my tongue out knowing full well that she wouldn't see it, quickly putting it back in once I saw the ajusshi glance at me through the mirror. She continued. 

-"So anyways, I'm downstairs and all of a sudden, Big Bang's song is playing so loud I'm almost deaf. SO obviously where the music is the people are also, so I head towards where it's coming from and open the door."

-"And?"

-"And...there was Big Bang! T.O.P, GD, Taeyang, all of them there...for a dance rehearsal." I couldn't help but get excited for her. "Did they see you?" She paused for a moment before answering. 

 

-"Probably...I honestly don't even know." I raised a brow at that. "What do you mean you don't know? Did they see you or not?" 

 

Nikki sighed. "Here's the thing. While I'm there just staring at the five of them practicing, some one comes behind me and scares the life out of me...guess who?" 

 

I sat back in the seat with a smirk. "The CEO?"

 

Moment of silence. "How'd you know?" Quietly I stared out the window at the passing buildings, the could gathering above told me it would either snow or rain today, probably the latter due to the temperature...wait, I was talking to Nikki.

 

"I told you...you wouldn't guess what happened to me either."

-"Tell me when you get here." I glanced up at the time in the front of the taxi. "You guys are there already?"

 

-"Yeah...I'll tell you the rest of what happened when you show up....you have no idea how long the line to get inside this auditorium is." A single laugh escaped me. "I can imagine. See ya there."

 

-"Alright, bye."

*

 

-"Finally! What took you so long?" I stared at the three girls blankly. "Uh...Seoul? 3 o'clock? City life? Traffic? I came from JYP? I mean, I could keep going with the lift if you want." Nikki frowned, putting me in a headlock as she dragged me along with them to the seats they had reserved. 

 

I had let them force me to come here, this all better be worth it.

 

It's not that I hated Exo or that I didn't want to come in the first place. But not only was my mind traumatized from what had happened in Incheon airport, I was also very wary of coming anywhere close to celebrities. I didn't want to work at an entertainment company because I wanted to avoid any real life interactions with them as much as possible. The fact is that I not only would make a fool of myself, I would also get most likely dragged into two worlds. One being the fangirl life where one's whole life revolved around stars and nothing else, the other one was the secret celebrity drama that no one except company workers would every fully know and be involved in. 

 

Over the years I had learned that Kpop was a war zone I didn't want to get involved in, I had an identity to keep and I wasn't losing it that way...

 

And yet, here I was.

Not bothering to let me breathe, Nikki finally let go of me as we sat down. I took a deep breath and glared at her. "So, thank you for not killing me...and tell me what else happened over there." Nicole couldn't stop grinning. "So, so, so..."

 

-"So?"

 

-"So I saw Big Bang right, and they were rehearsing the song Bang Bang Bang..." I laughed, of course she would walk in on that. "And the CEO comes out of nowhere and stands behind me...."What are you doing?". Abbi, that scared me so much I almost tripped after jumping, when I turned to look at him....that guy is intimidating though!"

 

I shook my head in amusement, glancing around as the seats began to fill up completely in the small auditorium. I think this would be the first meeting they had in such a small place. 

 

-"You guys, I'm going to the bathroom...I'll be right back." We all nodded as Christina walked off.

 

And by the time she came back, they were ready to begin.

*

-"Gomapta yeoribun, thank you all for coming out here...we'll see you at the line and tell you how beautiful you all are over there." I fake gagged as those words left Baekhyun's mouth; those guys had been spitting out cheesiness during the whole meeting, enough to actually make me feel sick.

We got up from our seats and picked up our bags, glancing worriedly at Cray as she grasped her stomach and frowned. "You okay Cray?" She shook her head and gave us an expression that took only seconds to decipher.

Oh....ugh. 

-"I've gotta go to the bathroom again, you guys just go in line." I stared at her hesitantly. "Are you gonna join us later? You need something?" She shook her head and gave a smile in an attempt to reassure us....it didn't work.

 

-"I''l be fine guys...go in line and see them for me." We looked on as she walked out of sight, I only sighed before picking a lint off of my cardigan and pointing at the growing line. "Let's go before we have to wait a year."

 

As we walked over to towards the table, Nikki pulled out her phone, out of curiosity I peered over her shoulder to see what she was so engrossed into. "What's that?" She smiled. "The place where they were practicing." I froze in my steps. 

 

-"You wrote it down?!" She smirked.

 

-"Yup...Room 516A at 12:35 P.M, you  never know. They may show up again tomorrow." I sighed in disbelief as we continued to slowly proceed down the line, occasionally hearing a sob. I tensed up startled as a finger poked at my side, turning only to see Malea look back at me. "One of us should go check on Cray to see if she's alright." I looked over the mob of heads to see if she hadn't entered the bathroom yet, she most likely had.

 

-"I'll go then." Nikki handed me her jacket before heading off, leaving Malea and I nearing the table. "Do we need paper for the autograph or-?" I shrugged. "I honestly don't care if we get an autograph or not...if Cray gets the job at SM, who'll need an autograph?" 

 

Malea stared blankly for a moment before nodding in agreement. "You're right though..."

*

Not all of Exo was there, on stage that day only D.O, Kai, Suho, Baekyun, and Chanyeol had been able to come...

 

Wait Suho was also here, Cray was gonna miss him...where was he?

 

-"Hey, do you see Suho anywhere?" Malea turned and shook her head with a slight pout, brightening up when she saw our two friends come into view and waving to catch their attention. 

 

Christina was beaming, Nikki on the other hand...wasn't.

I scanned over the two of them. "Something happen I should know about?" Nikki's grimace got worse at my question, Lea only brushed it off and continued the questioning.

 

-"Did anyone see Suho?" Cray nearly jumped.

 

-"As a matter of fact...I did."

***