Life is cruel

Drowning in your love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Poster credit - OMHASE

--

Sehun always aimed to lead a peaceful life, a life where he could immerse himself in his art and not worry about the trivial worldly possessions and the stupid expectations people had with him. Sehun stayed miles and miles away from any kind of trouble causing element, weighed and calculated the consequences of his actions over and over before implementing them… In general, Sehun was pretty smart to dodge any kind of danger that came his way. But for some reason since past couple of weeks, things have been going awry in his life. Sehun knew it was the aura of the red-haired devil disguised as an angel who was throwing his life in disarray.

 

The day after the house warming party, Sehun found a cute little note stuck by his door written in a scrawny handwriting thanking for the plant vessel.

We should have lunch some time! ^^ The note said and Sehun read it with quickened heart beats.

Lunch with Luhan… How would that go?

Back to the imagination land:

They were having lunch by the poolside, Sehun looking his best wearing a white suit and a self-assured dynamism that he rarely possessed in real life. Luhan’s face sparkled as the water from the pool reflected the sunlight gleamingly on his beautiful creamy skin.

Luhan reaches his hand out towards Sehun over the table and whispers,’ you look so handsome today. Even handsomer than my jerk supermodel boyfriend.’

Sehun would smirk. ‘What do you even see in him? I’m so much better looking and so much better in bed too.’

Luhan would giggle and say,’ you are right about that. Your is so much bigger than him!’

Of course it was! Sehun would slip on his sunglasses stylishly on his eyes but not before flashing a wink at his cute date.

‘Let me tell you what we can do,’ Sehun asked, smugly, ‘swim with some of my pet dolphins first and then you can go break up with your boyfriend.’

‘Yayy! Dolphins are so cute!!!’ Luhan chipped,’ and eww Kai, bye bye!’

 

‘Eww Kai Bye bye!,’ Sehun whispered to himself, grinning and pumping his hand in the air.

‘Yah! Oh Sehun!’ someone hit a bundle of paper on the top of his head, jerking Sehun back to the bitter real world.

‘Why are you smiling like a retard by yourself?’ Baekhyun looked at him suspiciously, looking for signs of cerebral disorders.

‘Nothing,’ Sehun cleared his throat,’ What do you want?’

‘Did you think about my brilliant awesome idea?’ Baekhyun grinned.

‘I’m not going to do it,’ Sehun said, rolling his eyes,’ I have some morals even if you don’t.’

‘So you are just going to stay back and watch your crush belong to someone else?’ Baekhyun asked, agitatedly.

‘Life is cruel,’ Sehun shrugged.

‘Listen Sehun,’ Baekhyun said, hitting Sehun again with the rolled up bundle in his hands,’ you have to stop being a for once. At least go and talk to the guy, be friends with him and get to know him. Who knows he might like you back!’

‘What if he friendzones me?’ Sehun said, shaking his head.

‘Grow some balls, will you?’ Baekhyun thundered,’ just talk to him for Christ’s sake!’

‘Fine!’ Sehun bellowed back,’ I’m only doing this so that you could stop pestering me.’

Baek smiled victoriously and nodded.

‘What’s that in your hand anyway?’ Sehun said, looking at the paper roll in Baek’s hand.

‘Oh it’s a poster of Kai,’ Baek grinned,’ I’m going to give this to DO. But never mind that, off you go! Luhan walked back from the university with me so I know he’s home and Kai is out with Channie for a photo shoot. This is your golden chance!’

Sehun was mercilessly shoved down the stairs by a feisty Baekhyun who gave him a you-better-not chicken-out look. Sehun gulped as he walked towards the door of his crush’s house. The rustic Alder door was ornamented with a colorful wide-eyed owl made out of craft paper perched on a tree branch with a speech bubble saying ‘Whooo goes there?’ Sehun chuckled slightly before lifting up his fist to knock on the door. He stood there with his elevated fist for at least a minute mumbling encouraging words to himself.

‘It’s not that hard! Just don’t look in his pretty eyes and you’ll be fine,’ Sehun told himself,’ just ignore the fact that he’s very adorable!’

Sehun took a deep breath and knocked on the door. He heard feet shuffling on the other side of the door and braced himself.

‘He’s just human after all…’ he said, closing his eyes to draw strength before he was hit by Luhan’s bright radiance.

He opened his eyes little by little and even then he felt bedazzled. Luhan’s expression was that of an overjoyed toddler as he jumped up and down happily, his hair bouncing silkily after seeing Sehun in front of his house. But no no, that was not the reason why Sehun was flabbergasted and felt like his jaw had thumped loudly on the ground.

Luhan was shirtless…

‘Sehun!’ Luhan said, happily,’ how are you?’

‘No… no…’ Sehun was frozen on the spot.

‘What? Sehun, are you alright?’ Luhan asked, worriedly.

‘YOU ARE NOT A HUMAN I WAS SO WRONG NO I CAN’T DO THIS!’ Sehun screamed and galloped away like someone had set his tail on fire. He literally flew over the stairs, taking two steps at a time to reach his apartment, opened it with shivering hands and slammed the door behind himself.

‘He’s not a human, not a human…’ he chanted continuously,’ he’s not from this planet…. I refuse to believe he’s real!’

Sehun closed his eyes and all he could remember is the beautiful hairless chest, the cute pale s, an outline of abs and his slim slender waist… He wondered how it would feel to have his hands wrapped around that beautiful waist, the sensations when their undressed torsos would against each other… Luhan would mewl softly with his toes curled as he enjoyed the feeling of Sehun’s pink tongue soaking his nipp-

‘Arrghhh!!!’ Sehun screamed and slumped down on the ground. He just wanted to get rid of the image of Luhan’s chest out of his mind and simultaneously get rid of his overly imaginative brain.

He ripped off his clothes quickly and ran towards the bathroom to take a hot scalding shower.

‘Luhan…’ Sehun sighed as the hot water seared his skin,’ ing Luhan… why aren’t you mine?’

 

Okay granted the first incident was Sehun’s fault. Luhan was only shirtless and he was wearing shorts below. Apparently he asked Baekhyun if Sehun had some mental issue. Chanyeol was laughing loudly, inconsiderate of Sehun’s dilemma.

‘He asked me if you thought his red hair was scary,’ Baekhyun told Sehun, his arms folded. Chanyeol howled louder after hearing Baek’s words.

Sehun was hiding his face in a pillow, trying to ignore Yeol’s unbearable cackles and muffling his whimpers,’ no I ing love his soft red hair, he looks so gorgeous with that hair, please take me away from this ing miserable world Lord, I cannot live with so much embarrassment…’

Baekhyun sighed,’ you are such a hopeless case.’

‘Baek, does he hate me?’ Sehun asked with almost tearful eyes and Baekhyun melted. Chanyeol fell silent too, sensing Sehun’s delicate mood.

‘Of course, he doesn’t,’ Chanyeol replied, offering a phony comforting smile,’ he’s just afraid you’ll get a psychotic attack and hurt him.’

‘Don’t listen to Channie-the-meanie,’ Baekhyun said kindly as Chanyeol burst into a fresh set of laughter,’ but you have to be nice to Luhan and apologize the next time you see him.’

‘I will try,’ Sehun nodded. He had lost faith that he would ever be able to talk normally with Luhan.

Suddenly Sehun’s phone rang and he cursed under his breath. It was his manager from the manga publishing company. Sehun did not have time to worry about Luhan at the moment. He had work to do. The next draft of his manga chapter was supposed to be finished by now but Sehun had not even started it.

Waving goodbye to Baekhyun and lobbing a pillow on Chanyeol’s face, Sehun left their apartment. He grabbed his messenger bag from his house with a sketchbook and pencils as he set out of his house. He needed peace and quiet, he needed to clear his head and for that, he knew the perfect place to go to. He had found a nice undisturbed corner of a botanical garden with a picnic table and Sehun often went there when he needed a refreshing environment to work on his drawings.

The day was beautiful. As Sehun settled down with his stuff, a squirrel sat next to him on the bench eyeing him curiously. Sehun pulled out some nuts from inside his bag and presented it to the little being. He smiled as he saw the squirrel nibbling on the nuts contentedly. Not far from him, a kid played with his dog as his parents kept an eye on them. Some girls were jogging along the track as they passed by an elderly couple taking a walk. The sun was shielded by a lattice of leaves above him that served as a leafy umbrella of sorts and the wind was alleviating.

Sehun sighed, smiling to himself. It was a perfect day to immerse himself in drawings. Part of the reason why Sehun loved art was because he did not have to be stuck between four walls all the time. He had the freedom to either sit inside his house for privacy or simply spend hours in a garden surrounded by the beautiful sights and sounds of the nature.

Sehun focused his attention back to his sketchbook as he felt his ideas beautifully eddying on the blank paper in front of him. He was now ready to imprint these ideas down. As he started with the outlines, his mind was on fire. It thought ahead of time about scenarios he could draw in the next frame. If he continued with this speed, he would finish this piece in no ti-

‘Wow, you draw manga?!’ a cheerful voice squealed in his left ear and Sehun was startled. On an impulse, his elbow winched up and his knuckles forcefully slammed against something hard. Sehun howled because OH-THE-ING-PAIN! He turned around and almost screeched when he saw what he had just done. He had just slammed his fist into Luhan’s face and the red haired guy staggered behind him holding his head as his legs entangled with each other.

I shouldn’t be alive… Sehun thought.

‘, Luhan are you okay?!’ Sehun screamed as he caught Luhan inside his arms.

‘S-Sehu…’ Luhan’s eyes turned back in his skull before he was out cold. Sehun felt all of his life wearing off as he looked the beautiful guy knocked out in his arms, his hands touching the soft skin of Luhan’s face. But this was not the time to be smitten by Luhan’s vivacious glow…

Sehun quickly gathered his stuff and hauled the unconscious Luhan on his back as he dashed towards the nearest hospital. Luhan was salivating on his shoulder as he slurred some rubbish and Sehun was biting his lips apprehensively. What the was wrong with him? Why didn’t he look back before he clocked Luhan with his damned fist?

But no wait, what the was wrong with Luhan? Who sneaks up on a person like that? He should have at least warned Sehun first before creeping o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter