Exposé

Drowning in your love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun woke up the next morning and his mouth felt dry as a desert. Not to forget the pounding headache that made it all worse. And if that wasn’t enough, something was pressing against his queasy stomach way too forcefully and Sehun felt he would puke any moment now. He groaned trying to get rid of the strong clamp around his stomach but this soft, warm and lovely smelling thingy was locked in with his body. Sehun fluttered his eyes open slowly and felt his headache growing substantially.

‘Why is it so bright in here?’ he whined. The bright sunlight flowing in through the curtains in his room was almost blinding.

Something tickled his nose and he sneezed loudly. He groaned because it felt like someone was piercing his skull with a very sharp steak knife right after he sneezed.

‘What the ugh…’ Sehun grumbled as he opened his eyes entirely.

A soft red bush came into his vision as he lowered his chin. The red bush had thin milky arms wrapped around Sehun which was the reason why he wanted to vomit out all the contents.

Wait…

Red bush… This is too soft to be a bush…

This is hair…

I know someone who has red hair… Who is it?

Sehun’s mind processed the information at the speed of 0.878756234598 bits per second and it took him a whole minute before he was able to answer his own question.

‘Luhan…’ he whispered to himself as a volcano bubbled inside of him ready to erupt.

‘Mmmmmm…’ Luhan moaned and Sehun’s face turned all red.

‘ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!’ he screamed and Luhan woke up, startled. Sehun rolled from the bed, falling on the cold wooden floor. He looked down his body and gasped loudly as he pulled the sheets on the bed to cover his chest. Why was he only wearing his boxers? At what time of the night did he undress himself?

Luhan rubbed his eyes and plopped himself up on the bed.

‘Hunnie, why am I only wearing my boxers?’ Luhan asked, drowsily. Luhan was too!

WHAT THE HAPPENED LAST NIGHT BETWEEN US?! Sehun felt his stomach churning with fear… and too much alcohol the night before…

‘Sehun-ah…’ Luhan said, yawning,’ say something…’

Sehun closed his eyes and shook his head frantically.

‘You haven’t said anything for the last two minutes,’ Luhan asked, confused,’ why are we not wearing anything?’

Jesus Christ, don’t tell me I took advantage of him…when he was sleeping…

‘Ugh it hurts below my waist,’ Luhan moaned.

‘I think I’m going to hurl,’ Sehun mumbled and Luhan strained his ears to catch his whimper.

‘What?!’

‘I’M SORRY LUHAN SO SORRY!’ Sehun shrieked.

‘Why?!’

‘I AM THE WORST HUMAN BEING EVER!’

‘Sehun-ah, are you still drunk?’ Luhan asked, worriedly.

‘NO NO OMF-‘ Sehun covered his mouth as his stomach threatened to capsize all the contents.

Luhan got down from the bed and the sheets covering him sliding down gracefully. Sehun saw all of this in slow motion as Luhan’s delicate build unveiled in front of his eyes.

y collarbones…

y s…

y belly button…

y bulge in his red boxers…

y thighs…

y everything…

‘Sehunnie,’ Luhan moaned,’ why are you being so weird?’

HOLY , CAN YOU PLEASE NOT MOAN LIKE THAT?!

‘Hey…’ Luhan whispered as he softly touched Sehun’s cheek and looked at him with apprehensive eyes,’ what happened last night wasn’t so bad… I had a lot of fun…’

That did it. Sehun ran towards the restroom at top speed. He slammed the door behind him and hurled everything in the toilet. His eyes watered as he emptied everything from his stomach. He shouldn’t have mixed so many different alcohols because look what happened!

There was no way on earth he would ever forgive himself for his misdeeds…

‘Hunnie…’ Luhan knocked on the restroom door but Sehun could not bring himself to go out and face Luhan.

‘Hunnie, are you okay?’

Sehun shook his head. Luhan’s loving voice was making him feel worse. How could he lose control like that?

He heard footsteps fading away and sighed with relief. Maybe Luhan had decided to back off this time and he would leave Sehun alo-

‘HUNNIE DON’T WORRY I’M GOING TO BREAK OPEN THE DOOR!’ Luhan’s voice declared before Sehun heard a large thump on the door.

‘NO LUHANNIE WAIT!’ Sehun had to scream to make the crazy redhead stop slamming into the door.

Sehun wasn’t sure why he felt angry. Maybe because he wanted to be alone for one frickin’ second. He stormed towards the door and opened it to find Luhan staring worriedly at him.

‘IF YOU DON’T MIND,’ Sehun yelled, menacingly,’ CAN I GET A LITTLE PRIVACY IN MY OWN HOUSE?!’

Luhan bit his lip and looked like he was about to cry. Sehun felt awful within the next second and reached his hand out to touch the red haired guy immediately.

‘Luhan…’ He placed a hand on Luhan’s shoulder but Luhan shrugged it off immediately.

‘I’ll go and check if Baekhyun is awake,’ Luhan hastened away.

I’m an idiot… Sehun sighed and figured he should shower and dress up before he went after Luhan.

 

At Baekhyun’s place, Kyungsoo was making breakfast for all the hung-over boys.  Baekhyun groaned pressing a hot coffee cup to his forehead and Luhan halfheartedly chewed on a piece of toast. When Sehun entered the room, Luhan dropped his eyes sadly. Sehun felt his heart twisting into knots because he had not only screamed at Luhan but also done something unmentionable.

He dawdled near the door wondering if he should enter.

‘Sehun, how would you like your omelet?’ Kyungsoo asked.

‘I’m not hungry,’ Sehun said, colorlessly,’ see you guys later.’

Sehun needed some fresh air. After the unforgiving act from the night before, he needed to really take a breather and sort his feelings. The worst part of it all, he didn’t remember any of it. It was all done under the haze of alcohol but Sehun knew how savage he can get while having . Plus Luhan said that he was hurting there…

‘ MY ACTUAL LIFE!’ Sehun screamed while standing in the middle of a park. Many parents fired angry looks at him while covering their children’s ears.

But Sehun couldn’t care because he was too busy hating himself and muttering,’ you stupid horndog, cut your off!’

While muttering continuously to himself, he came across a bubble tea shop.

‘Can I have 15 Choco bubble teas?’ he asked the vendor who regarded him suspiciously.

Sehun always swore that drowning himself in a pool of Choco bubble tea would be the sweetest way to leave this earth. But at the moment he decided he would settle to consume the tea instead. Who knows if he’s lucky enough, he might choke on a tapioca ball and die?

Sehun sat down on the lush green grass surrounded by his 15 bubble teas and finishing them one by one. He did not throw away the cups because they served as his companions while he cried his eyes out.

Fifteen teas down, Sehun could feel the liquid sloshing around in his stomach. But that day not even his favorite drink could not cheer him up.

The sky darkened soon as Sehun opted to lie down on the grass. The cherry blossom trees around him were close to their blooming period and Sehun could already smell the faint sweetness of the flowers. The breeze was turning colder but Sehun did not move. He could not go home and deal with Luhan because he was so afraid what the other might say. Sehun might have ruined Luhan’s relationship with Kai because of his idiotic actions.

Sehun did not move while staring at the purple clouds slowly drifting in the sky, trying to cover the luminescence of the beautiful moon. He closed his eyes, wanting to just melt into the ground. He tried the hardest to be good enough for everyone around him. He felt so lonely in his heart wondering if anyone in this world even cared about him.

All he asked was for somebody to see his struggle and help him guard his emotions. But sadly, he was the person that people easily forgot about and was replaced without any regret…

 

The days that followed made Sehun want to scream in agony but he suppressed all of it under his silent pitiless façade. He worked day and night, refusing to stay around Luhan. Luhan asked him a couple of times if he wanted to hang but Sehun politely refused saying that he had work to do. The plus side was he got a lot of job done. His manga drafts were ready way before the deadline and his manager was impressed. In the evenings, he barely had stuff to do so he usually stayed back at his publishing company finishing up his comics. No one knew about it yet and Sehun tended to keep it that way. He could only imagine Baekhyun’s joy followed by incessant teasing if he ever found out about Sehun’s undisclosed hobby.

 

It had been almost a week since he had spoken more than a couple of words with Luhan and he was really missing the red-haired guy despite them living in the same house.

But perhaps it was easier for them not to converse till Luhan’s apartment was ready and Sehun was left alone again… Sehun deserved it after resorting to something so despicable such as taking advantage of his drunk crush…

Sehun returned late one night to find Luhan awake and playing with BamBam. He still could not look inside Luhan’s eyes and hung his head down with shame. He did not sleep next to Luhan on the sleeping bag anymore but locked himself in his room instead.

‘Sehun?’ Luhan called.

‘W-what?’

‘Come here please?’ Luhan called affectionately.

‘I-I am kinda tired.’

Luhan simply grabbed Sehun’s hand and dragged him to the couch. Sehun trembled at his touch but did not shake Luhan’s hand off. He had missed Luhan’s touch immensely.

‘Talk to me,’ Luhan whispered, softly.

‘There is nothing to talk about. I screwed up.’

‘No, you didn’t,’ Luhan smiled,’ friends yell at each other all the time. I am not mad at you.’

‘It’s not just that,’ Sehun muttered.

‘What do you mean?’

Sehun took a deep breath. It was now or never…

‘I molested you,’ he said, as slowly as possible. He hoped Luhan did not catch his words.

There was silence for a couple of minutes. Sehun closed his eyes tight and waited for a hand to slap him.

‘Eh?’ was what he heard instead.

Sehun trembled as he repeated,’ I took advantage of you.’

‘You are kidding…’

Sehun shook his head, facing the ground.

‘When?’

‘That night after the party,’ Sehun explained, remorsefully,’ we slept on the same bed, hugging each other. When we woke up, we had no clothes on and you said your body hurt below the waist…’

A slap was definitely coming this time so Sehun clenched his eyes shut again. What he did not expect was Luhan to burst out laughing and hug him tightly.

‘Sehunnie, you are so cute!’ Luhan squealed,’ nothing like that happened between us…’

Sehun’s jaw dropped.

‘What do you mean?’ he asked, shocked.

‘We did not have ,’ Luhan smiled,’ my guess is we got rid of our clothes since it became too hot because of all the alcohol we drank.’

‘B-but you said your body was hurting…’

‘That’s because we were hugging the whole night,’ Luhan giggled,’ it was just bad sleeping position.’

‘Then why the did you say you had fun the night before?’ Sehun said, feeling upset.

‘I was talking about the party,’ Luhan giggled even more.

‘Oh.’

‘Is that why you were ignoring me?’ Luhan laughed and Sehun was mortified.

‘Sorry,’ he whispered only to be hugged by Luhan again.

‘Please don’t ignore me again,’ Luhan whispered, softly,’ I would hate to lose you as a friend.’

Sehun’s heart did somersaults with happiness.

Wait… As a friend…

FRIEND-ZONED!

Sehun groaned in a defeated manner. But Luhan ruffled his hair lovingly and Sehun could not fight off the smile from his lips.

At least everything was back to normal between them…

 

‘Ooh… Ooh I’m just tryna get you in the mood~’

‘Ooh… Ooh baby just show me what it do~’

Sehun and Luhan hummed as they prepared dinner one day.

‘Press you like some juiceee…’ Sehun crooned and then suddenly growled with exasperation,’ what the- which song is this? Why can’t I get it out of my head?!’

‘It’s my jam, homie!’ Luhan grinned,’ they were playing it at Taemin’s party.’

‘They were?’

‘Oh yeah, don’t you remember?’ Luhan asked, almost on the verge of laughing,’ you even made a…’

‘M-made what?’

‘Well, let’s just say everyone in the party knew that you can blow it like a flute,’ Luhan was on the ground and kicking his feet in the air with laughter after finishing his words.

Sehun dragged a hand down his face. ‘I should climb a mountain and seek refuge in a cave,’ he mumbled to himself.

Luhan finally got hold of his laughter and patted his shoulder. ‘You only made some obscene hand gestures. Nothing else.’

Sehun smiled and sighed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter