Turnaround

Drowning in your love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Han…’ Kai’s voice trailed off wretchedly,’ please come out…’

Luhan had locked himself in their guest room for an entire day after the embarrassing incident, refusing to talk to Kai.

‘Hey, I am leaving today,’ Kai spoke softly, hoping that Luhan was listening on the other side of the door,’ I won’t be back from my assignment for a week… Are you not even going to see me off?’

No answer. Luhan was utterly unresponsive and Kai was getting worried. Sure, they’ve had fights but it never was this serious before.

Kai did not understand why Luhan was furious. Before the fateful incident happened, the night they spent was so pleasurable. Both Kai and Luhan had been so busy that they hardly got any time to spend together, let alone make love. Kai was taking cooking lessons with Kyungsoo, the round-eyed cutie who lived upstairs. It had been a week now since Kai was hanging out with Kyungsoo who seemed a quiet unapproachable person at first but turned out to be really friendly and quite lovable.

Kai hated the fact that he could not stop thinking of that one particular incident in Kyungsoo’s kitchen. Kai had cut his finger while chopping some tomatoes and Kyungsoo had immediately, to Kai’s surprise, put Kai’s bleeding finger in his mouth. Kai was startled and his body reacted weirdly, liking the soft sweep of Kyungsoo’s tongue on his finger. He also realized how Kyungsoo had the most attractive lips he had ever seen on any person. They were plump and soft and shaped like a heart.

This is not the time to think about Kyungsoo’s pretty lips, you idiot… Kai reprimanded himself. He should not be thinking of another guy when his boyfriend was pissed off at him.

The bottom line was Kai had no idea why Luhan was upset. Kai had cooked him dinner and they had made love. Everything was amazing until Kai woke up the next day to find the bed empty. He called Luhan’s phone until he realized Luhan had left it on the bedside table. Kai searched all through the house, every floor of their apartment building and both Kyungsoo and Chanyeol’s apartment. He eventually heard Luhan’s laugh coming from Sehun’s apartment felt an unexplainable rage within his mind. He did not care if he hurt Sehun or not because Sehun had no right to keep his boyfriend at his place.

Kai’s first instinct was to grab Luhan’s hand and take him away from the dud Sehun’s house…

However, what shocked him was Luhan’s reaction. Luhan didn’t speak anything after Kai dragged him back home. He was motionless like a statue as Kai bombarded him with questions and criticized him for his careless behavior.

‘Say something Luhan!’ Kai shook his boyfriend’s body in the hopes of snapping the latter out of whatever shock he was in.

‘You shouldn’t have done that,’ Luhan mumbled faintly that Kai almost didn’t hear it.

‘Done what?’

‘Poor Hunnie,’ Luhan wiped his eyes that started leaking suddenly,’ you shouldn’t have…in front of his mom…you were mean…’

‘Why do you care so much about him?!’ Kai asked, exasperatedly,’ he’s just some loser who fancies you, Luhan. Are you really blind that you can’t see how much he’s trying to impress you?’

‘You don’t know anything about him, Kai,’ Luhan looked at his boyfriend, irately,’ Sehun would never do that… He’s an angel…’

‘And I’m the devil, right?’ Kai asked, the hurt and pain evident in his voice.

‘I’ve come to believe you might be,’ Luhan sniffled, walking away from his boyfriend,’ leave me alone for a while…’

‘Luhan…’ Kai called sadly but Luhan simply slammed the door of the room in his face.

 

Luhan could hear his boyfriend calling him but he just couldn’t bring himself to forgive the guy he loved… Or did he?

Luhan couldn’t even text Sehun to apologize to him, his phone was in the bedroom. So he simply shriveled up and covered himself in some blankets he found in the closet. He knew Kai was leaving for his next project that day but he was too disappointed in him. He could not just face him and wanted Kai to leave. Luhan did not want to be bothered.

‘Please call me,’ Kai said before leaving. Luhan felt so guilty but it was nothing compared to how dreadful he felt about insulting Sehun. If anything, Kai deserved it for acting so cruel towards Sehun.

Why do I care so much about Sehun?

Why does it matter?

Sehun is just a friend…nothing more…

I hate this feeling…

After Kai left, the first thing Luhan did was run upstairs and knock on Sehun’s door. He knocked a couple of times before Sehun opened the door of his apartment.

‘Luhan,’ Sehun smiled but there was so much sadness in his eyes.

Luhan couldn’t get words out of his mouth. He simply hugged Sehun dearly, making the latter gasp. Luhan felt Sehun’s shivering hands wrapping around him weakly and Luhan squeezed his body to let him know that it was okay to hug him.

‘You shouldn’t be here,’ Sehun said, pushing Luhan away instead.

‘I’m sorry,’ Luhan begged,’ I’m really sorry. He didn’t mean to but-‘

‘I know he didn’t mean to,’ Sehun smiled affectionately at the other guy,’ I’m not upset with him or you, Luhan. I realized it was my fault after all.’

‘No, it wasn’t!’ Luhan yelled but Sehun only smiled at him.

‘You’re sweet,’ he said, softly,’ but I think it’s a good idea if we do not hang out anymore. I-I’ll just stay away…from you and others too… I don’t want any problems between you and Kai because of…me…’

‘Sehun, please don’t…’ Luhan had tears in his eyes,’ I can’t isolate you… I promised your mom…’

‘She’ll understand,’ Sehun patted Luhan’s head,’ and hey, it’s not like I won’t hang out with you ever. I just think we should see…less of each other…’

Luhan was sobbing. He didn’t want to do that. He hated the idea and did not want to give up on Sehun and his friendship.

Luhan wept with his head resting on Sehun’s chest. The latter let him cry for as long as needed, lovingly patting his head.

‘Wh-what did you tell your mom?’ Luhan managed to ask,’ I want to apologize to her. I feel so awful, Hunnie…’

‘I told her the truth,’ Sehun said, wiping Luhan’s tears,’ and you don’t have to apologize. You don’t owe me anything, Luhan…’

‘I do!’ Luhan screeched, punching Sehun’s chest,’ why are you like this, Hunnie?!! Why are you forgiving me so easily?!’

‘I can never be mad at you,’ Sehun whispered,’ never. You’re the most special for me.’

I hate that you love me so much… Luhan thought, sobbing.

‘You’re kind,’ Luhan whimpered,’ so kind, it sometimes hurts…’

He kept punching Sehun’s chest softly all the while and didn’t even realize when Sehun wrapped his arm around his shoulder and walked him back to his apartment. Helping Luhan lie down on his bed, he sat next to him and waited for the desolate guy to drift off to sleep.

‘Take care, Hannie,’ Sehun whispered, kissing Luhan’s forehead,’ I’ll always love you…’

Tears blinded Sehun’s eyes the moment he walked away from his sleeping love…

 

Luhan was feeding his chubby hamster some fruits with his own hand. BamBam seem to be enjoying his food and Luhan smiled as he patted his beloved hamster’s head.

‘Wish I was a hamster too,’ Luhan mused. He would only have to worry about when and how he would get his food… He would not have to worry about school, studies, relationships…or Sehun…

Sehun kept his promise when he said he would stay away from Luhan. At first, Luhan protested the idea but he later realized Sehun was right. It was necessary he maintain minimum contact with his upstairs neighbor in order to save his own relationship. After the major fight between Luhan and Kai, both the boys felt a strain in their relationship. It wasn’t exciting and contented as before and Luhan blamed himself for it. He not only damaged his relation with Kai but also lost Sehun as a friend because of his stupid actions.

Luhan thought it would be easy. He was super busy with studies and also had a university festival coming up in which he was participating as a representative. Luhan had no time to think about Sehun except when it was night time and he could hear the footsteps of the latter moving around in his house. Kai and Luhan had not been intimate after THE incident and both of them spent most nights simply cuddling together without talking. They were still good friends because they had known each other even before they started dating. But somehow the spark seemed to be fizzing out and even though Luhan hated to accept the actual reason behind it, he knew it was all because he was missing Sehun way too much.

‘Does this guy even sleep?’ Luhan groaned when he heard Sehun walking around and dropping stuff.

‘Is the noise bothering you?’ Kai asked, hugging Luhan closer to him.

‘No,’ Luhan said, irately,’ I’m pissed he’s not sleeping on time. I wonder what he’s doing…’

‘You care a lot about him, don’t you Luhan?’ Kai said and Luhan sensed an edge in his boyfriend’s voice.

‘I don’t,’ he lied,’ good night.’

‘Night,’ Kai replied before releasing Luhan from his arms and turning on the other side to sleep.

I just couldn’t keep my mouth shut, could I? He cursed himself but it was too late now.

 

Luhan sighed sadly watching BamBam drift off to sleep leisurely.

‘You are one lucky creature,’ he mumbled and got up from his seat. He had to leave for his university. The festival was going to start in a couple of hours and Luhan was going to be busy all day. He quickly called up Baekhyun who was also a representative like him and both of them left for the university after a couple of minutes.

‘So is Kai coming?’ Baekhyun asked, chirpily,’ I asked Chanyeol and he said he’ll stop by.’

‘Kai has to work,’ Luhan shook his head. Baekhyun saw how Luhan’s face fell down and decided to change the subject.

‘Well, Kyungsoo will be coming and Yixing too,’ Baekhyun said, clapping his hands,’ we should take a break when they arrive and enjoy the festival with them!’

‘That sounds good,’ Luhan smiled, weakly.

‘A-also…’ Baekhyun fidgeted,’ I invited Sehun. Is that fine with you?’

Luhan’s heart jerked in his chest. ‘H-he said he would come?’

‘Yes…’ Baekhyun said, awkwardly,’ I’m sorry I know you both have issues but I did not want to leave him out of our plans…again…’

He’s coming… He said yes even though he knew I would be at the fest too… He wants to meet me…

Luhan was smiling widely.

‘Hannie?’ Baekhyun called, timidly.

‘I can’t wait to meet him,’ Luhan grinned,’ it’s been almost over a month since I last spoke to him…’

 

Luhan’s university was hosting a huge festival which was attended not only by students but anyone who loved to have a fun time. It was an extravaganza with food, games, music and exhibition of different artworks. Luhan had been helping out with the game stalls, making sure everything was under control and if anyone required assistance. Most of his work was already done and he was simply roaming around waiting for his friends to arrive. But more importantly, he wished to see Sehun and talk to him and ask him how he had been doing.

‘Luhan!’ Kyungsoo’s voice called and Luhan turned around with a smile. Kyungsoo was accompanied by Baekhyun, Yixing and of course, Sehun…

‘Hi Luhan,’ Sehun smiled shyly and Luhan’s heart almost did a cartwheel with happiness. He couldn’t help but think how handsomely Sehun had dressed in a salmon colored shirt and dark blue jeans. He never really styled his hair before but that day he had swept them back from his forehead with some hair gel. He looked extremely gorgeous and quite y too, much to Luhan’s dismay.

‘H-Hi…’ Luhan said awkwardly, his cheeks turning pink and face transforming into a shy smile.

Both of them stood awkwardly not knowing what to say while their friends debated on what to do first.

‘Let’s eat!’ Yixing suggested and everyone concurred with his suggestion.

‘I’ll lead you guys,’ Luhan said, walking in the front. He just wanted to get a little further from Sehun and calm his frenzied heart. It was ridiculous why he felt so but he was really happy too. He knew Sehun had a sweet tooth and figured that he would like some shaved ice so Luhan lead them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter