Closer

Drowning in your love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Poster credit - Freeza

A/N: Hello loves, sorry for the delay. I had already finished writing this chapter but I finally managed to take out some time for editing. Hope you enjoy this chapter! ^^

--

‘Wha-‘Baekhyun stumbled outside his house, scratching his head as his unruly hair stuck out like he had just gotten an electric shock.

DO opened the door of his apartment too and looked around searching for the source of the screams that had jerked him awake from his sleep.

‘DO- yah!’ Baekhyun whined, rubbing his eyes,’ stop screaming…’

‘I’m not the one who’s screaming,’ DO said calmly, straining his ear to catch the direction from where the sound was being emitted.

‘Kyungsoo-ya I said stop!’ Baekhyun, stomped his feet like a child.

‘IT’S NOT ME, YOU IDIOT!’ DO screamed back at the half-conscious Baekhyun.

‘See see? You are the one screaming!’ Baekhyun grumbled, still refusing to open his eyes.

DO stomped over to Baekhyun’s side and started shaking him violently.

‘BYUN BAEKHYUN WAKE UP! WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP!’  DO said, shaking his body violently.

Baekhyun lurched as he opened his eyes and was met by a bizarre sight. DO was glaring viciously at him and nasty screams were echoing in the background. Somehow it all felt like a setup of his worst nightmare…

His eyes widened as he asked,’ Kyungsoo-yah, are you torturing someone? Did you finally give in to your devil side?’

DO clenched his fists and became extremely red with anger but before he could scream any more insults at Baekhyun, someone whooshed past them so speedily that they did not even have a second to register who it was.

‘What the-? Who was that?!’ DO asked, shocked.

‘FLASH!’ Baekhyun screamed, happily. DO slapped his head from the back.

 

Luhan was sure he was going to die. He hadn’t even committed enough sins in his life (he had a legit list of those that he needed to finish before he said good bye to this world) and he was just a sophomore! He had not even seen much of this world and was too young to die!

Luhan whimpered, soaked as he climbed on top of the wooden cabinet. He looked down from the shelf, all of his and Kai’s possessions sodden in water that did not stop gushing from the ceiling. They had hand-picked a lot of stuff so diligently for their new house and everything was getting ruined. Luhan sniffled as he clutched onto his drenched clothes, hoping someone would come and rescue him. He had messaged Sehun a few minutes ago but his phone ran out of battery before he could call for any emergency help. He furiously prayed Sehun would read the message and help him out of this nightmare.

Just as he was sulking, a new hole opened up above his head and started draining water in gushes. Luhan screamed, searching for something that would save him from the water hammering on his head. Luckily, the shelf that he was perched on had an old umbrella lying around. Luhan remembered he had put the umbrella aside because it was broken and he had wanted to throw it away. But that moment he had no choice so he fumbled to open it. The damned umbrella of course did not put up under the heavy jet of water and crumpled like a delicate web of silk.

Suddenly the door crashed open to reveal a panting Sehun.

‘Sehun-ah! Save me!’ Luhan wailed, desperately as his fingers clutched the wrecked umbrella tightly.

Sehun hurried towards him and helped him down from top of the shelf. He carefully carried Luhan outside the apartment until Luhan screeched again.

‘What happened?’ Sehun asked, confused.

‘My BamBam!’ Luhan shouted, flailing his arms and splashing water everywhere.

‘Your what?!’

‘BAMBAM!’ Luhan repeated as if Sehun would miraculously understand what he was saying.

‘WHAT IS A BAMBAM?!’ Sehun asked, irritated.

‘GET ME MY BAMBAM, SEHUN PLEASE!’ Luhan shouted again, shaking his head frantically.

Sehun bit his lip. Luhan was clearly having a panic attack and there was no point in stressing him any further. He glanced inside the flooding apartment and decided he would look for this “BamBam” or whatever it was.

Luhan was shivering and looking at Sehun with the saddest puppy eyes ever and Sehun sighed.

‘Okay, wait here,’ Sehun said, softly. He took a deep breath and entered the deluge of water created by the leaking ceiling. The vision wasn’t clear as Sehun got drenched in the water himself looking for something that was named like a sound you made if you slammed something on the floor.

‘What the could a BamBam be?’ Sehun pondered loudly, pushing his wet bangs away from his eyes. His blurry vision cleared and Sehun saw something in front of his eyes that he figured was the thing that Luhan was referring to. He picked it up in his hands and carefully made his way out. Sadly the destiny was not on his side. Something on the floor served as a slippery surface that made Sehun come crashing down on the floor, landing with a resounding thud. He fell on his buttocks as water splashed around. Thankfully he did not drop “BamBam” from his hand and was able to keep it unharmed.

Struggling to keep his feet from slipping again, he stepped out of the flooded apartment. Luhan wasn’t alone by the time Sehun made it out alive of the apartment. Baekhyun and DO had wrapped him in another cocoon of blankets and towels. Luhan looked utterly cute, red hair wet and eyes expectant as he looked up at Sehun. Sehun smiled as he advanced a shaky hand towards Luhan containing “BamBam” just like he had asked for. Sehun was still very much affected by Luhan’s presence but he tried not to think too much when Luhan gave him the brightest smile ever.

‘You found my BamBam!’ Luhan squealed, throwing all the covers away from his body and hugging it close to his face with a loving smile.

‘That’s such a cute hamster!’ Baekhyun exclaimed and Luhan grinned as he planted kisses all over BamBam, his silver haired hamster that was fast asleep. It could not be bothered with anything.

‘BamBam is the most kawaii hamster ever!’ Luhan shrieked and Sehun patted his heart. He wanted to debate that Luhan was “the most kawaii ever” but he decided to simply stare at the ground. He felt a towel scrubbing his hair and looked up, eyes wide with surprise. Luhan was beaming as he helped Sehun dry himself. Sehun was afraid Luhan would see how he was twitching with nervousness, his labored breath as his eyes looked anxiously at Luhan.

‘Thank you so much, Sehunnie,’ he said, lovingly,’ you saved me and most importantly you saved BamBam too! You are an angel…’

Sehun was worried his cheeks were bright red like ripe tomatoes when Luhan hugged him tight.

This must be what heaven smells like… Sehun thought, his whole body shaking as Luhan’s alluring scent entered his senses.

 

‘WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WON’T HELP US?!’ Luhan screeched as Sehun covered his ears. The guy in front of Luhan, the landlord who owned the building cowered too sensing the rage in Luhan’s voice.

‘Listen Mr. Lu,’ the landlord tried to reason,’ we cannot help you recover your ruined stuff. It’s not our liability.’

‘OH REALLY?! THEN DID THIS WATER ALL APPEAR MAGICALLY?!’

‘Mr. Lu…’

‘I DON’T CARE WHAT YOU DO! I WILL SUE YOU IF YOU DON’T PROMISE TO REIMBURSE FOR OUR LOSSES RIGHT THIS INSTANT!’

‘IT WASN’T OUR FAULT!’ the landlord finally lost it as he pointed towards Sehun,’ THIS GUY KEPT ON PATCHING THE LEAKS ON HIS OWN AND NEVER CONTACTED THE MAINTENANCE! HE IS THE REASON WHY-‘

Luhan grabbed the landlord’s collar and spoke with gritted teeth,’ DON’T.BLAME.MY.FRIEND.FOR.YOUR.OWN.MISMANAGEMENT!’

Sehun blushed.

Friend… I’m his friend… he thought.

'IF YOU WOULD'VE USED GOOD QUALITY MATERIAL WHILE BUILDING THIS PLACE, THIS DISASTER WOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED!' Luhan continued shouting at the landlord.

It took Sehun, DO and Baekhyun to pry Luhan off from the landlords collar and take him upstairs to Baekhyun’s apartment.

‘I swear to God I’m going to jinx his off,’ Luhan said, clenching his fist. Sehun stifled a giggle looking at how cute Luhan looked, angry and wet. He was still wrapped in those thick towels as he slumped down on Baekhyun’s couch.

‘You can’t do that, Hannie…’ Baekhyun said, rolling his eyes.

‘Of course I can!’ Luhan shrieked, throwing the towels away,’ my grandmother was an exorcist and I’m going to summon one of her old faithful spirits to-‘

‘That’s all fine, Luhan,’ DO said, as he petted BamBam softly on the head,’ but for now you should think about what you will do till they fix your apartment. Like where you would live, sleep…’

‘D-do you have friends…with whom you can…erm…live?’ Sehun asked, wringing his hands. It was a stupid question actually. Considering the amount of people who had showed up at his party few weeks ago, Luhan definitely had many close friends.

‘Yes I do,’ Luhan nodded,’ I can call-‘

‘But I don’t think you should stay someplace else, Luhan,’ Baekhyun cut in,’ because if you are not around, you won’t be able to keep an eye on the maintenance people who repair your apartment.’

‘You are right,’ Luhan bit his lip.

‘Also,’ Baekhyun grinned,’ how will you call upon a spirit to haunt the landlord from your friend’s place? You need to be close to where the landlord lives…’

‘Yes yes, you are absolutely right!’ Luhan said, pacing around the room,’ so what do you think I should do, Baek?’

The grin on Baek’s face was kind of unnerving for Sehun. Sehun had known him long enough to know that something calamitous was brewing up in his mind.

‘I have a brilliant suggestion for you, Luhan,’ Baekhyun said, clapping his hands. DO and Sehun shared a glance because they knew Baekhyun’s definition of “brilliant” always meant the opposite.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter