Closure

Drowning in your love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My favorite anime tracks: My Little Monster & Jonjou Romantica

--

Kai could only stare at the ice cream in his hand that Kyungsoo had bought for him. The other guy sensed that Kai needed something to cheer him up but the supermodel looked utterly down in the dumps. Kyungsoo fidgeted in his seat because he knew he should ask the other guy what was wrong. Comforting others had never been his forte but he could not just sit there and not say anything.

‘S-so…’ Kyungsoo stuttered,’ did something happen?’

Kai smiled and closed his eyes. ‘No but it’s going to,’ he whispered.

‘Is everything okay with you and Luhan?’ Kyungsoo asked, worriedly. Baekhyun had told him that Kai and Luhan were going through a rough patch in their relationship.

‘I think we’re breaking up,’ Kai said, slowly. He felt the “I think” part was unnecessary though because they were just two different people now and did not even feel like a couple anymore.

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. He was at utter loss of words now (if he wasn’t before) because what the could he even say to a person who’s been his crush for such a long long long time and he suddenly declares that he’s breaking up with his boyfriend. Should Kyungsoo laugh and dance? No no, that would be just too childish. Baekhyun would totally do that though.

‘Erm…eh?’ Kyungsoo asked.

‘We’re breaking up,’ Kai repeated, more to himself than anybody else.

Kyungsoo calmed his fervid heartbeats because he knew this was not the time. Kai really looked like he needed a friend and Kyungsoo was the only person around at the moment. He moved to sit next to the distraught guy and wrapped an arm around his shoulder. Kai hummed slightly and leaned into the embrace, completely unaware of the mini-heart attack the other guy was having.

‘Maybe…you both should work a little more on your relationship,’ Kyungsoo suggested.

‘We tried,’ Kai sighed,’ we’ve been trying for the past couple of months. Luhan is…I don’t think he wants to be in this relationship anymore…’

‘Do you want to be in this relationship?’ Kyungsoo asked, curiously.

‘It was comfortable with him,’ Kai admitted,’ Han is the kind of person who would shower you with all the affection in his heart. He makes you feel really treasured and would tell you how much he loves you even though he didn’t actually know what being in love felt like... Up until now...’

‘Up until now?’ Kyungsoo was confused,’ what do you mean?’

Kai gulped before answering. ‘I think he really fell in love this time,’ he whispered,’ and he’s shattered because he never expected to fall so hard for that boy.’

That boy…? Kyungsoo racked his brains, trying to guess who the person was. It slowly dawned on him, he finally realized why Luhan had been asking Baekhyun over and over about just one guy. Luhan would always stare at the guy’s door sadly whenever he visited their floor. Luhan’s ears used to perk up when that certain guy’s name ever got mentioned between them and his face would cloud with extreme melancholy.

‘Sehun…’ Kyungsoo said, the light bulb in his mind switching on.

‘Yes, it’s him,’ Kai spoke resentfully.

‘I hope you don’t hate him,’ Kyungsoo said, trying to defend Sehun,’ he’s a very simple and demure guy.’

‘I guess I can’t help but dislike him,’ Kai said, bitterly,’ even though…he tried not to interfere in our relation.’

‘You’re making the right decision,’ Kyungsoo spoke.  He didn’t feel selfish when he said those words because he knew how much Sehun loved Luhan. He also could see that Luhan missed Sehun immensely and he knew it was only right for them to be together.

‘How can you be sure about that?’ Kai asked, desolately.

‘They’re soul mates,’ Kyungsoo mused,’ they’ve been destined to be together since the beginning. Don’t beat yourself over it, Jongin. You didn’t do anything wrong and neither did Sehun or Luhan. Fate loves to pull and push us around to make things happen the way it is intended to be…’

‘You are so smart,’ Kai said, smiling.

Kai didn’t know why Kyungsoo’s words made him smile but he couldn’t help the corners of his lips from turning up.

Does that mean fate is also pointing me towards you? Kai thought but didn’t say anything. He knew there would still be time later to sort out what exactly he felt for Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes but inside his heart was doing somersaults.

‘I guess you’re right though,’ Kai whispered,’ what’s meant to be will find its way…’

 

All Luhan wanted was a calm respite from all the craziness around him. His life was just so messed up and he wanted to run away from all of it. Luhan had been sitting by the riverside all day, all alone except for the company of his beloved hamster. Luhan didn’t know where to go or what to do. He felt so aimless, a feeling he had never experienced before. He was scared something bad was happening to him and he would never be able to recover from this mind-consuming hopelessness.

Kai and Luhan finally had the talk. They finally decided that they should move on, it was better to end it than confining themselves in something they both did not feel so invested in. Luhan felt like it was all his fault but Kai was gentle, so understanding. He told Luhan not to worry about moving out, he could stay there with him as long as he wanted. Luhan couldn’t stay of course so he packed some of his necessities and moved to one of his university friend’s apartment who lived a couple blocks away. He promised Kai to come back for the rest of his stuff when he was ready.

But it had been a good couple of weeks and Luhan couldn’t bring himself to go back and face his ex-boyfriend. He did not want to go back to the place where he had so many bittersweet memories. Luhan did not even care about the rest of his stuff but he felt this strange pull in his heart to visit Sehun, to talk to the raven-haired guy because he could not get him out of his mind. Even after such an elongated period of separation, Sehun was still pacing around in Luhan’s mind and he refused to leave…

Luhan sighed, staring at the horizon and watching the sun slowly descending in the sky. He was tired, he hadn’t slept the entire night and his mind was utterly troubled.

He shouldn’t be wasting his time like this, he bunked all his classes that day to simple sit and do nothing. He remembered the kiss he shared with Sehun, the memories of the sweet intoxicating caress that still haunted him at nights. But there was another ghost that managed to lurk in his thoughts and remind him over and over…

Sehun never called Luhan after the kiss happened… He didn’t care and didn’t need Luhan in his life…

Luhan closed his tired eyes that hurt like hell. He would let Sehun walk away if he wanted to. He was not

going to bother Sehun if he did not want Luhan in his life. Luhan would suffer alone until eventually he

would forget someday that he did feel something for a guy named Sehun…

 

But somewhere in his dreams, he wished that Sehun wouldn’t let him drown in this agony where he was

gasping so desperately to inhale the last breath of lucidity that would save him. He wished Sehun come

and save his life, join their lips and reward Luhan with the much needed warmth.

Loud snores woke Luhan up almost immediately. He groaned because he must’ve fallen asleep just few minutes ago. He could use some rest and had somehow been able to close his eyes. But those boisterous snores were so damn annoying. Luhan knew he would not get any sleep amidst that loud noise so he decided to simply get up and sleep at home.

But he couldn’t get to his feet because something heavy was resting on his lap.

‘What the …’ Luhan mumbled sleepily and looked down. Lying on his lap was a boy so beautiful like the gleaming crystal sea that soaked up the dying rays of the sun to shine even brighter. His silver ash hair softly rippled as the wind caressed his face and he shifted slightly on Luhan’s lap. He fluttered his eyelashes slowly opening his eyes to reveal a pair of most exquisite and darkly tinted hazelnut gems. He smiled at Luhan’s flabbergasted face and spoke in a soft cute voice,’ Luhannie hyung…’

And Luhan snapped, his scream echoing in the air…

‘Whoa whoa, stop it,’ the boy closed his ears as Luhan caught his breath.

‘WHO THE ARE YOU?!’ Luhan pointed towards the boy angrily,’ WHY WERE YOU SLEEPING ON MY LAP, YOU BRAT?!!!’

‘Hyung,’ the boy whined,’ why are you being so mean today? You always let me sleep on your lap…’

‘WHEN…HAVE I EVER LET YOU?’ Luhan was still screaming.

‘All the time since you got me five months ago!’ the boy screamed back.

Luhan was shivering. He did what?!

‘You still did not answer my question…’ Luhan said, breathing heavily,’ who are you?’

‘Hyung, you gave me my name and you don’t even remember it…’ the cute boy whined, his pink lips pouting. Luhan whimpered inconsolably because HOLY SO ING CUTE!!!!

Luhan now really looked at the boy in front of him. He did resemble someone, those eyes were too familiar and so was the sassy whiny behavior. The boy was sleeping on his lap and last Luhan knew, the only thing on his lap was…his pet…

‘B-BamBam…’ Luhan whispered and a vibrant smile spread on the cute boy’s face. BamBam the boy, nodded happily and gorgeous silver hair bounced on top of his head.

‘Hyung!’ BamBam hugged Luhan and Luhan was startled. He quickly collected himself though and laughed as he hugged BamBam back.

‘B-but I don’t understand,’ Luhan asked, confused,’ how did you become a human?’

‘I didn’t,’ BamBam shook his head,’ you’re dreaming.’

‘I am?!’ Luhan asked and was about to pinch himself.

‘No!’ BamBam screamed, quickly grabbing Luhan’s hand,’ don’t wake yourself up! I want to talk to you for a little while more.’

‘Sorry,’ Luhan grinned,’ but…what are you doing in my dreams?’

‘Because I wanted to cheer you up,’ BamBam smiled,’ you looked really unhappy.’

Luhan lowered his eyes. ‘Y-yeah… Things are not working out like I thought they would,’ he whispered.

‘I know,’ BamBam nodded,’ you and Kai hyung broke up.’

‘Do you like…understand everything we say…?’ Luhan asked, curiously.

‘Pretty much,’ BamBam shrugged,’ although there are some phrases I don’t really understand. Like what’s “doing a 69”?’

Luhan blushed. ‘Anyway…’ he mumbled,’ I don’t know what to do. Kai was so nice and understanding but I still feel so terrible.’

‘Do you want to go back to Kai hyung?’ BamBam asked, curiously.

‘No,’ Luhan said, slowly,’ no, I don’t think I can.’

‘That’s because you’re in love with Sehun hyung,’ BamBam grinned.

‘H-how do you… I mean, no that’s not true…’ Luhan twitched.

‘You’re blushing,’ BamBam giggled,’ that means you love him.’

‘I don’t!’ Luhan snapped.

‘I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter