Getting Crazy

Love or Lust

It’s the second week of the semester. Freshman year is just a review of what we have learned from High School so we still have some free time to get to know each other since we will be together for 4 years. Yes you heard it right we, including Pie, are actually in a class called a block section. Hey! I just said that “including Pie” phrase because you might ask me. C’mon stop teasing guys. Okay, so the class decided to go out to the mall after our class. We have half of the day to play around and do whatever we wanna do. But not everybody’s going. Don’t worry Tyrone, Pie, Jane and Mean (Pie’s friend) are going too. Again I just answered your questions. J  Well here we are trying to decide what movie to watch. The girls want romantic movie while the guys like action movies (Tyrone was one of them). Me? I just wanna sit, my feet hurts because of this Tyrone. He’s making me carry him every 5 steps starting at the mall’s entrance to the cinema. And if you ask me to choose between running upstairs to the top floor of our school building and carrying him, I would choose the first one. He’s got that body of a man carrying a sack of rice every day. Boy! He’s really heavy. Why am I doing it? After eating some burger at the school’s canteen (which is at the ground floor) earlier because the monster in my stomach is really noisy, we had a race. The first one to reach our classroom wins. And yes, I proudly declare my defeat. I shouldn’t have agreed on that stupid race. Now I feel like I’m in the gym. I’m sweating even if others are wearing a jacket. So here I am, sitting on a bench waiting for them to decide. They’ve been talking about it for 15 minutes now. They’re not arguing though, they are laughing on the reason why they wanted to watch the movie. Mark said he wanted to watch the action movie so that try the fight scenes with his wicked younger brother. Jane said she wanted to watch romantic movie because she wanted to feel the love again. I told you they’re reasons are weird. Finally after 20 minutes of debates and laughing, Pie stepped in and said “Let’s play a game. Whoever wins we’re going to watch her/his choice of movie. Rock paper scissors. Okay? Boys versus Girls.” Everyone agreed on that and started playing. Tyrone as the representative of the boys and Pie for the girls. “Rock paper scissors!!!” everyone’s shouting at the same time. And then the moment of truth, Tyrone has the mighty rock but Pie has the magical paper. (I added the adjectives just for fun).

 

               The girls chose the movie Love at first flood. It’s a Thai romantic movie where two stranger fell in love during the flood incident in Thailand last 2012 (correct me if I’m wrong). Anyway, here we are finding an empty column of chairs for us. Tyrone has this crush on Mean since the first day of class, so you know where he is, beside Mean of course. I sat just beside him (on his left side) and there is still an empty seat on my left side. (Seating arrangement: empty seat, me, Tyrone, Mean, Jane, and so on.) I was busy listening to Tyrone when someone sat beside me. He’s a bubbly guy. When the movie was about to start Tyrone focused on the movie. Hopefully he’s not staring at Mean cause that might ruin his image. So I take a peak on him and guess what, he’s sleeping. Wow! This man is really weird. I hope Mean won’t realize that Tyrone is sleeping or he will receive -100 points from her.

 

               Okay so I sat relaxed on my seat watching the movie when suddenly a hand touched my left shoulder. I looked who it was and that was my classmate Mark saying that he’s not going to let Tyrone represent the boys in the future. I just laughed at him. And he went back on sitting on his chair while eating popcorn. When I was about to face the screen I noticed that the girl sitting beside me is not that tall. I looked down and saw the girl that caught my attention, Pie. She’s eating popcorn, eyes still on the screen. All of a sudden I fell nervous. Gosh! I can’t take my eyes off of her. This is the first time I get to see her close. Her eyes still shining, her nose is a little bit of pointy, and her lips delicious. ert alert! I should stop this but my eyes are glued on those lips. My mind asking me how soft that lips can be just like a marshmallow. I notice myself bitting my lip. And then a hand landed on my left hand. My heart almost jumped out of my rib cage and then I can hear my heart beat.

Dug dug ...

dug dug ...

Dug dug ...

               It’s beating fast and loud, luckily we’re inside the cinema. No one can hear my heart. She’s smiling and I’m melting while frozen like a stone. She offered her popcorn to me. “Here Kim have some popcorn”. Now, I can’t think properly she just said my name and my heart skipped a beat hearing that. I smiled and take it. She smiled again and went back to the movie. I tried recovering myself by eating the popcorn but I realized that she’s still holding my left hand. It brought a smile on my face. Even though I really want to taste this popcorn, I tried my best not to make a single move so that she won’t remember that she’s still holding my hand. If my breathing would bother this moment, I would stop breathing. Her hand is really soft like a princess. I want to hold your hand and fill the spaces between those fingers. Oh my! I’m going crazy. But if touching you would turn me into a crazy person, I would gladly accept it. I didn’t notice that I was staring at her hand for a long time now. I turned my gaze up and saw her face smiling. “Beautiful.” I was shocked that those words escaped my mouth. I can’t believe it. I want to sink on my chair. I looked around and thank goodness everybody, except Tyrone who’s still sleeping, was focused on the movie. And the best part is Pie doesn’t have a reaction, so I guess she didn’t hear it either. Phew! I couldn’t have drown right here even if there’s no water. I looked at the screen and saw that the movie was about to end. Oh how I wish they could play another movie for free. I don’t want to move right now. I looked at Pie again and she moved her hand back on her lap. I want to grab her hand and hold it at least until the end of the movie but the lights . Perfect timing. Everyone stood up and I have to wake Tyrone before Mean noticed him. But before I do that I gotta take a picture of him sleeping, a map of saliva was drawn of his face. This is going to be fun just in case he still insists on me carrying him again. I woke him up and he said “Oh the movie was great. Very unique”. I laughed at what he said. “Wow! Great review for this movie. But the problem was you didn’t even started the movie. How can you give…” I was cut off when he put his hands on my mouth. “Did Mean saw me sleeping?” “Never even glanced at you” I said confidently as if I was aware on my surroundings. Pie was reunited with her friends again. I guess I won’t have that chance again.

              

               We walked out of the cinema. I can hear the boys said “hey that movie wasn’t so bad”. These guys are getting that feminine chromosome . After watching the movie we decided to go home since we still have an early class tomorrow. And so we bid goodbye to each other. Tyrone was already walking away. I guess he’s still sleepy. I waved goodbye to Pie when suddenly Jane came running and hugged me. “I wish next time, we can see a movie together, and you know just the two of us” she whispered on my ear. Then she pulled back, smiled and walked away with Pie. What a creepy girl. Wow. I looked at Pie luckily she was talking to someone else. “Well don’t think about it” I said to myself. I smiled walking towards the bus stop remembering how soft her hand was. I’m going crazy. What is happening to me. This is the first time I felt like this. I don’t know what this is. I wish someone can tell me.