Missing her

Love or Lust

               I’m at my hometown right now for my Christmas vacation. I miss waking up to the sound of the bird and trees blown by the trees. This is the life. No homework, no waking up really early, no running up the stairs and the best part is no Tyrone whose been bugging me since the party. He’s really annoying and consistently asking me about what happened when they left with Puey (remember when they were locked up in the room with Puey trying to seduce them). He can’t squeeze me with any information. We all agreed that it would be a group secret, which reminds me of Pie I really miss her. After the dance, my girl classmates keep on teasing us. It was really embarrassing but I liked it.

              

               I’m having my morning exercise of running around the neighborhood (Yes I work out a little.  I realized I needed to run around so that it won’t be hard for me when the class begins.), when my phone beeped. A text message, who could it be? I hope it’s not Tyrone. I sat at a bench in the park, when suddenly the screen of my phone lit up. I looked at the screen and it shows 2 messages. Hmmmm?? Who might this be? I looked at my watch, its 8am. It’s still early and knowing my classmates they might be sleeping. I opened messages and saw the name that drives my heart crazy, Pie. I smilingly opened the SMS and read the first message “Good Morning handsome”. I looked around if anyone is around who could see me smiling like a lunatic. And when I assured that no one is around I stood up and started dancing. Yeah! Yeah!!!!! Yeah!!!!! After 10 seconds, I sat again and looked around to assure myself nobody sees my embarrassing dance moves. Phew! I guess no one really comes to this park at this time, good thing. Then, scrolled down to see the second message “Oooopppssss! I’m sorry Kim. I sent it to you by mistake.” I can’t believe this my crazy heart suddenly crashed into tiny bits of pieces. My smile turned upside down followed by a heavy sigh. You know that feeling when you misses someone but that someone doesn’t even know her/his effect on you. And when that special someone send you a text message by mistake it’s much worst. I typed in “It’s alright. Have a good day” and press send. I slide down a little bit to lay my head then looked up the sky and played a song on my playlist (Lego house by Ed Sheeran).

 

               I think I have to stop nurturing the moments with her it makes me fall for her more. And besides I don’t know if she’s comfortable around me. Yes, we dance in the tree house but that didn’t count that she’s comfortable with me; maybe she’s really kind and doesn’t want to decline me. Yes we hugged for a minute but she said she don’t want to do the dance as well so maybe it was one way for her to escape the embarrassing moment. Maybe she sees me as a friend only. Argh! Thinking of you drives me crazy too. What the heck. I must focus on my goal. I want to graduate on time and help my parents. I want to renovate our house and have a car. I will plan a vacation for them around the world before they get too old to travel. I want them to stop working and just enjoy their time together. My parents aren’t too old they are in their mid 40’s, but I want them to enjoy life when they still can. Okay I’m all set up. I will focus of my dreams for my parents.

 

               I got up and looked at the time. Wow! It’s already 8:47. I should hurry back home or else my mom would be calling the police. I love my mom but she’s overprotective. My dad, well, he loves mom so much, he can only say yes to her. Oh well I can’t blame them, I’m their only child.

 

               I started my work out again at 9 in the morning which is too hot. Argh! Tomorrow I should set an alarm so that I would know how long I’ve been running around. On my way home, I decided to buy some fruits for me to regain my calories in a healthy way. I stopped by a market. I was asking the vendor while my left hand busy reaching for the banana when, to my surprise I felt a soft hand. I looked at my hand reaching for the banana and saw that I was holding a hand. Oh my God! I turned my eyes to the owner of the hand and saw a beautiful girl. She’s blushing and I can feel my face heat up too.

 

               “Oh I’m sorry.” I said while removing my hand. “That’s fine. So you live here?”, the girl asked. “Yes. This is my home town. Are you on a vacation Mean?” I queried. Yes it’s Mean, Pie’s friend. “Yup. Just wondering around.” She said to me while paying the vendor. I wanted to ask if she’s alone but it might be very obvious so I looked around if she’s with someone. “Looking for someone? I’m sorry but I’m alone” she just answered my question. Great I’m doomed. “Uh no I was just looking for any other fruits that I can buy.” I hope my alibi works. “Okay. Hey!  Are you busy? Can I ask you a favor? Could you show me around? It feels lonely walking alone that if your available” shyly she said. “Oh yes! I would love to be your tour guide but you have to pay me 100 per hour that I spend time with you” I gave her my very convincing smile. “Hey we’re friends right? Can I at least have some discount?” she said and hit my arm playfully. “Hahahahaha. I’m just kidding for you it’s free. But I have to go home first I need to change my clothes” I showed her my sweaty shirt. She nodded.

 

               We arrived at our house. Mom was sitting at the sofa when we came in. “Kim where have you been? You should be home an hour ago. You’re worrying me. I was about to call the police” my mom said and hugged me embarrassing me to the person with me. I told you she will call the police if I’m late. “Mom, we are not rich. No one will kidnap me.” I said trying to free myself from the hug. “What if one of the girls stalking you outside decided to kidnap you and keep you for herself” she scolded me while hugging me. “Mom I don’t have any stalker and mom we have a visitor” I whispered in her ears. She removed her hand around my neck and wandered her eyes only to find Mean. “Wow. You were just running around and found yourself a girlfriend. That was quick” she said embarrassing me again. “Mom she’s not my girlfriend. She’s my classmate. She’s in a vacation. I will just show her around. Mom this is Mean. Mean, my Mom” I introduced them. “Nice to meet you Mrs. Jittaleela” Mean greeted my mother. “Nice to meet you too. You can call me Auntie since you’re the first girl our Kim took home” and again my mom embarrassed me. I give up. I gestured Mean to sit while I’ll take a shower. “Mom please don’t tell her any embarrassing story” I whispered to my Mom and she nodded.

 

               I hurriedly run towards my room to get my clothes and then run to the bathroom. I don’t want to leave Mean with my mother too long or I won’t be able to show my face to her because of embarrassment.

 

               It took me 10 minutes to freshen up and get change. I know it was too quick but I have to say myself from my Mom. I run back to the living room and my eyes grew wider when I saw Mean holding a photo album. Perfect! I sat beside her and reached for the album. Just a few inches away and I’ll be able to grab the embarrassing album when suddenly it moved further away. Mean shoved it away from me. I tried to reach it again when I felt her falling from the sofa. My reflexes reacted and I caught her but we still fell. She’s lying on top of me; my hands are around her waist. Our faces are inches away. This is too close I can smell her breath. She’s staring at me as well. I noticed that she has glowing brown eyes, rosy cheeks and pinkish lips. If you asked me, she’s good looking as well. A lot of boys are actually trying to court her but she always turn them down based on my very reliable source, Tyrone (he’s a masculine guy with ears that can hear any rumors).  I can’t help but stare at her beautiful eyes, a smiling eyes, but then I remembered Pie. Pie’s eyes are different, it could brighten up your day, a very sincere smile which can captivate you in just one second. Pie why do I miss you?

 

               I was taken back to my senses when I heard footsteps getting closer towards us. I hurriedly let Mean stood up then me just in time for my mother’s return. Thank goodness, if mom sees us earlier she won’t stop teasing me and I would end up moving out of the house because of frustration. “Okay kids, I prepared some water for you and some snacks. I don’t want this beautiful girl (Mean) be hungry. Kim take good care of her” Mom said as she gave me a backpack. “Mom we’re just gonna walk around. We’re not climbing on top of Mt. Fuji” I just can’t handle my mom sometimes. But I took the backpack and said to her “Thank you though. We’ll be going now.”

 

As we were about to close the gate of our house, I heard my mom call us “Wait! Here hold her hand she might get lost” she grabbed our hands and held it together so that we’ll be holding our hands. As soon as she accomplished her mission, she giggled her was back to our house. I looked at Mean and said “I’m sorry about my Mom. It’s just that she’s just……… overdoing her motherly obligations”. I removed my hand and we started to walk. “Your Mom is really cool. You’re really lucky to have her” she said not looking at me. “Thank you. Do you want to take a swim? We have some hot springs around the town and some lakes as well.” She nodded and said “I actually have some clothes here in my bag.” “Wow you’re prepared. So where are you staying for the night?” I asked her. “I’m going to stay at a nearby hotel. Then, I’ll be leaving tomorrow for the next town” she responded. “Oh. I see. You could eat dinner at my house” I smilingly said to her and she nodded in agreement. “So you travel a lot? Alone? Aren’t you scared? It’s too risky for a beautiful young lady to wonder around alone don’t you think so?” “Well I’m kinda used to it. I like travelling a lot. It refreshes me up. School is stressing me out. And they say we all need some time alone. And this is my way of alone time. To tell you honestly, I want to travel with someone in the future. Maybe with the love of my life just like my parents did before when they are still alive.” I stopped walking when I heard that last sentence, “I’m sorry to hear that”. She smiled and said “It’s okay. My parents are happy. I know that. And they will always keep me safe and guide me wherever I am.” Wow she’s a tough girl but I can still hear sadness in her voice. “We’ll let’s forget about school today and all of the other problems. Let’s just enjoy this day.” I grabbed her hand and pulled her while running towards our first destination.

 

We got tired from running earlier but here we are in front of the gate of the famous Hot spring here in our town. We paid for our entrance fee and looked for an empty chair for our things. “I’ll just get change” she said as she picked up her bag and walked towards the restroom.

 

I was taking a dip on the pool when I heard a group of guys in awe. I turned my gaze towards the commotion and saw Mean walking in front of the guys. I told ya she’s beautiful added to that she’s y too. She’s wearing a loose shirt and a short that is really short probably just 5 inches long. You can really see her curves. She looked around and walked towards me ignoring the guys.

 

I smiled at her as she walks closer to me. As she gets nearer to me I noticed her shirt it looked like one of Pie’s shirt just different color. Again, I miss Pie. I wish vacation was over. Wait did I just said that? Just earlier this morning, I decided to focus on my goals again and a few hours after here I am missing her again. Better shake this out of my head. “A lot of admirer ei? Looks like I’m going to be in trouble later” I said to her teasingly. She giggled and hit my shoulder playfully. We sat at a corner and talked about our lives. She told me her life story and I told her mine. I notice that there were a lot of eyes on us. Guys are really into her. She was telling me a story in her childhood day when she sat closer to me. Now I felt like guys are stabbing me in their mind. I’m going to die. “Hey are you alright?” she asked me and motioned her hand towards my cheeks. “I’m okay. Do you wanna go to the lake?” I answered her before she touches my face. “Good idea. I’ll just change into my dry clothes” she agreed and went to get her clothes. The Guy’s eyes are still on her. I really don’t like their look, they are like stripping her. I walked towards Mean and wrapped my towel around her (my towel is really big so it could cover her whole body). She looked at me smiled and said thanks. I smiled at her. Before she walks away she whispered to me “Be careful. I think they are going to kill you”. Then she runs away, leaving me behind. I turned my gaze around and she’s right. Those guys are going to kill me for what I’ve done. I decided to go back to the pool and take a swim. It might remove their eyes on me.

 

40 minutes had passed away and she’s still not walking out of the bathroom. So I decided to go fetch her. As I was about to enter the girl’s bathroom, a group of 4 girls went out looking at me. “Hey handsome. Join us. We need company” one of the girls said and glides her hand on my right arm. “I’m sorry but I’m with someone.”  I moved away. They walked away with their pissed off faces. I was about to take one step when Mean walked out of the door looking a little pissed off too. “Hey. What took you so long? What happened?” I asked her. “Looks like your admirers are not happy to see me around you” she answered with her head really low. I heard a heavy sigh from her. “Wait. Did those girls bother you? Did they do something to you?” I worriedly asked her. “Nope. It’s fine. It’s over. Let’s go. Here’s your towel. You might catch some cold with your wet clothes” she said sadly and hand me the towel. “I’m sorry. If only I knew this would happen I would’ve come with you. Sigh. C’mon. Let’s have our lunch. I’ll buy you ice cream for dessert only if you smile” I held her chin up and I saw a smile in her face.

 

We walked to a nearby cafeteria and had our lunch. As promised I bought her ice cream and it looks like it worked. She’s not gloomy anymore. After eating, we decided to go to the lake. We had to take a ride to get there.  After 30 minutes, my clothes are dry already and Mean is sleeping on my shoulder. I guess she was tired with the fight in the bathroom.

 

When we arrived at the Lake, it was already 3 in the afternoon. We were hungry, so we decided to sit at an empty bench near the lake and eat our snacks that Mom prepared for us. We talked about our lives again. To be honest, she’s fun to be with. We stroll around the lake after eating our snacks. She was introducing me to some of the trees we encounter during the walk. And she even told me folk stories about the lake. She’s like my tour guide. She knows a lot of things about this lake than I am.

 

It was 5 in the afternoon when we decided to leave the lake. “C’mon I’m going to show you something.” I pulled her and we walked up to the famous place in our town. When we reached the spot, it was already dark. “Ohhh! Too bad we didn’t get to see the sunset. This is the place where you could see the whole town” I sat at one of the empty benched there. . I wish Pie was here too. I miss you Pie. “That’s fine. Do you know that there’s a myth about watching the sunset from here?” My eyes grew big as if telling her that I don’t know that. Here’s another trivia from Mean. “If you see the sunset from this place with your love you will be together forever.” “Wow! How did you know that? Are you sure you’re not working as a tour guide?” I asked her with my amazed face. “I just googled it. Hahahaha. Before I decide to go to a place, I research about the place first.” Wow that was shocking. “Okay. I think we need to go back now” she said and pulled me to stood up.

 

It was dark when we arrived at my house. Mom was busy cooking our dinner while Dad is watching television with Mean in the living room. I quickly took a shower before my Mom embarrasses me again. After fixing my hair, I run back to the living room and sat beside Mean. We were silent while watching the show when my Mom called us for dinner. At dinner, we talked about the places that we went to today.  

 

               It was exactly 9 in the evening when we reached Mean’s hotel. Mom actually insisted for Mean to stay for the night but she already paid the hotel. So she promised my Mom that she will come back next time. “So Kim thanks for today I had fun” she said and smiled at me. I nodded and said “Be careful on your trip tomorrow tour guide.” She entered the elevator and vanished from my sight.

 

               I walked home since I was full. I ate a lot tonight. I got home at around 10 in the evening. The hotel was just near but I actually walked lazily. I can’t stop thinking about Pie. I miss her. But then, I remember what happened earlier. She might have someone special already. It would probably not her brother, sibling have a very unique names amongst each other. And I’m sure it’s not her father. So, probably someone really special for her to call handsome. I lazily walked towards my bed grab one of my pillows and lie down. Yes. I’m one of those people who can’t sleep without hugging anything. I grabbed my phone which I left here in my bedroom since this morning. I opened my eyes and saw 3 missed calls and one text message. Who could it be? I opened the call logs and to my surprise, it was Pie. She called me thrice today. Why? I hurriedly opened the text message hoping that it could answer my question and my jaw dropped.