Chit chat

Love or Lust

               Pie texted me. Yes! All of my organs are alive again. I stood up and started my lame dancing again. I opened it and it says

 

               From: Hazelnut eyes.

                              Hi Skinny Superman. How was your day? Any luck in gaining weight?

               Yes Pie texted me. She texted me. (yes I was singing this phrases.) I don’t care if I’m lamely dancing or child-like singing tonight. I’m just so happy. I composed a message for her

 

               To: Hazelnut eyes

                              Hello my lady. Looks like 8 is not your beauty rest time. I was so tired today. We had a reunion. And even though I’ve been eating a lot lately, there’s still no luck in gaining weight. Do you want me to gain weight? I won’t be your skinny superman anymore if that happens.

 

               In just a blink of an eye (too much exaggeration I guess) I received a reply from Pie.

               From: Hazelnut eyes

                              Not sleepy yet. *sad face* I want you to gain weight so that you can carry me around if my horse is not available. Hahahahaha.

 

               To: Hazelnut eyes

                              Oh I see. Well don’t worry, you’re still beautiful even though you look like a panda in the morning. And my lady, I would love to carry you around. It would be my pleasure. But you have to bring me food so that I can replenish my strength after.

 

               From: Hazelnut eyes

                              Sweet talker! And pandas are cute. They’re adorable I won’t mind looking like them. I will bring lots of carrot for you Skinny Superman.

 

               To: Hazelnut eyes

                              You’re cute, beautiful, and gorgeous at the same time.      Believe me. And my lady I believe carrots are not enough for me to regain my strength. How about a coffee and a slice of cake?

 

From: Hazelnut eyes

               Too much compliment Skinny Superman. But thank you. And are you asking me out?

Oh gosh! I panicked at what I’ve read. I’m asking myself too. Am I asking her out? Was that really me? I can’t believe I said that to her. I face palmed myself trying to revived confident self. Should I say No? But what’s going to be my excuse? Or Should I say yes? I can’t think clearly. I stood up and walked back and forth inside my room. Think Kim. Think. Think. Think. Great I’m out of ideas. I slammed myself on my bed. Just be who you are. Okay, here goes nothing

 

To: Hazelnut eyes

               Yes, I am asking you out after I carry you around. I hope you wouldn’t mind my lady, I believe your servants needed some way to regain her strength and carry you again.

 

I waited for her reply

 

From: Hazelnut eyes

               Ofcourse my skinny superman. I have to make sure you regain your strength so that you can carry me around. :D

Yes! Perfect. She said yes. Wait a minute. Maybe she’s kidding. Sigh. I threw myself on the bed, grabbed the pillow and bury my face. Argh! I’m over thinking again. I just have to go with the flow. But I think she’s just riding my lame jokes. Even if all of those ridiculous jokes and play, I know to myself that it was real. But do I like Pie? Do I really like her? Or do I love her? Wait I think that was too fast. Maybe I got a crush on Pie. But love her? Hmmmm. I have to think about it.  Watching those romantic dramas taught me that love takes time. I have to wait patiently for the answer.

 

Hmm. Let me list of all of Pie effect’s on me. First, I can’t breathe properly when we’re really close. Second, I can’t take my eyes of her. I know she’s beautiful. Hmmm? Okay scratch the second one. Maybe a lot of guys can’t take their eyes on her too. I’d replace it with, I feel happy when she’s smiling and happy. Third, I can’t think right when I’m with her. Fourth, I wish I can be at her side every second of my lifetime. And lastly, this weird heart is crazily beating whenever I smell her scent or hear her name. Gosh! That’s a lot. The last one is the weirdest of them all. AHHHHHH!!! Pie why are you driving me crazy?

 

My over thinking brain stopped when I heard my phone ringing. I stood up quickly and looked for my phone and right now I can’t remember where I put it. Now, Pie is making me forget things. I threw my pillow on the floor, then my blanket and remove the bed sheet. I can’t find it. Wait. Think brain. As soon as I close my eyes, Pie’s smiling face came across my mind. That beautiful smile, crescent eyes, and sweet giggling. Hold up! I’m looking for my phone. Okay. Calm down. I listened to where the sound was coming from. I crouch down and followed the sound. I looked around and saw a light under my bed. To my surprise it was my phone. I quickly grabbed it and answered the call without looking who it was. I put the phone on my left ear and had a deep breath before I said “Hello”. Silence filled the other line. I checked my phone if it’s still on. And I was shocked. It’s Pie, she’s calling me. But I can’t hear her. I’m deaf? No wait. I can hear the ringing sound clearly so I’m not deaf. I put the phone near my ear and said “Pie?”. Still no answer. Maybe she pressed it by accident. When I was about to end the call I heard her say “Kim”. Hearing those three letters, a smile formed on my face. I felt my ears heat up. What the heck she just said my name and I’m blushing.

“Yes?” I asked her again since I can’t think anything to say. “I thought you were asleep. You didn’t reply to me earlier” hearing that I went back to thinking how long was I doing the over thinking thing? Maybe over a minute? Or maybe an hour? Wait. Was she waiting for my reply? I have to think of a really good excuse. Okay brain, think. “Kim?” I heard her say my name again. “Oh I’m sorry. I was just getting ready for bed earlier” then I looked around my room. Yes, getting ready? My room is a mess. Bad excuse brain. Bravo. “Oh? Am I interrupting you?” Pie asked me worriedly. See brain, it looks bad on my image now. Minus -10 points on my scoreboard. “Oh. No. No. No. I would stop everything I’m doing for you” I answered her quickly to save myself. Now brain this is how you should have done it earlier. Now I’m earning 20 points on my scoreboard. Good job me. I heard her giggle on the other line then she said “How was your day?”. Yes her giggle gives me +10 points in her heart. “Tiring day. We went to a reunion with my relatives. The place was crowded and there were a lot of fun games. One was a singing competition, where you would need to reach a score of 99. And guess what? I won” oooopppppssss. I wasn’t thinking when I said that. It looked like I was bragging. Minus 30 points, back to zero for Pie’s heart. Gosh. This is hard. “Oooohhhh now you’re bragging. Let me decide if you really won. Sing for me” she said. Wait?! What?! Oh my God. What should I do? I’m really nervous right now. “Ei? Right now?” I said wishing it was just a joke. “yes now. Begin skinny superman” she answered me very quick. I compose myself and started singing.

 

Twinkle twinkle little star

how I wonder what you are

               I stopped momentarily when I heard her laughing. Oh man. I didn’t know why I sang that song.  “Hey! Did you really sing that song on the karaoke? Sing the right song please.” she said while holding her laughter. “I was just kidding” I said laughing at myself too. When our laughter went down I started singing.

 

I just wanna love you

Give me that chance

Wanna hold you

Baby you know that I need you

I need you

And I’m wondering all the time

If you love me come on over

Get to know me

Baby ‘cause I know you need me

You need me

And I want you in my life

(Just wanna –Amber Liu ft. Eric Nam)

 

                “Okay that’s enough. You can laugh at me now” I said as I prepare myself for her laughter and teasing on the other line. And to my amusement, there was a moment of silence on the other line. “Pie? Are you still there? Stop holding your laughter” still no response. I checked my phone if it’s still on. And Pie is still on the line with me. “Hey. That was good. I…..uhm….I…..I have to go to sleep now. It’s getting late” she said stuttering. “Oh okay. Good night and sweet dreams” I replied. “Good night” I heard Pie said. I was about to remove my phone away from my ear when I heard her say “I really like your voice. And the song fits you perfectly. Bye now.” Then she ended the call. I was dumbfounded. Then, little by little a smile grew on my face. Did she just complimented me? I stood up and started dancing crazily.

 

               After a few minutes, I decided to stop. I looked at the clock and it was already 12 midnight. Wow. Time flies when you’re having fun. In my case, I’m having fun alone. Rejoicing at what Pie said. I looked around my room as saw that the pillows and bed sheet are still on the floor. “Better get some rest I’ve got a game tomorrow. I don’t want to lose to those three musketeers” I said to myself. I fixed my bed and got myself cozy under my blanket. I grabbed another pillow and hugged it tightly. I really can’t sleep without any thing to hug. I buried my face on my pillow and tried to get some sleep.

 

               To my dismay, I can’t sleep. I turn my attention to my clock. It was already 2 in the morning. Wow. Now Pie has a caffeine effect on me. I can’t stop thinking about what happened earlier. I found myself smiling again. I’m really crazy. I have to get some sleep, seriously or I’d looked like a panda tomorrow. Wait, scratch that, I mean later today. I tried to change my sleeping position. I lay on my tummy, tried sideways but nothing worked. Okay Kim, breathe in breathe out, breathe in breathe out, breathe in breathe out. I did that for I don’t know how long and I didn’t realize when my eyes are getting heavier. I have fallen for Pie. Wait sorry, I have fallen to sleep. Yes, that’s correct. 

 



 

I'm really sorry guys. I've been busy with work lately. Here's a short chapter. Hope you like it.