Back to School

Love or Lust

               I opened my eyes and it was dark. I can’t see anything. Where am I? Hmm? I should look for any candle or flashlight. I grabbed my phone under my pillow. I can’t seem to find it. So I decided to just walk out the door. I know there’s a candle in the cabinet in the living room. I slowly took I step at a time and then suddenly I felt something cold grip on my feet. I looked down. But I remembered I can’t see anything. Yeah, I know, I’m Dumb. I tried to shake it off but it won’t lose its grip. The heck! Then, my imagination started to work. This is the time were I regret watching any horror movies. So my mind started, maybe it’s a hand of a ghost like Sadaku. I started to jump as I think of Sadaku’s hands on my feet. But it is still on my feet. OH MY GOSH!!!! I run towards I think the door was.

BLAG!!!

               Ouch! I think I hit the closet. I was rubbing my forehead when suddenly the cold thing in on my shoulder now. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! My reflex acted and I threw a punch behind me hoping I could knock down the ghost. But who am I kidding? It’s a ghost you can’t hit it. So I got up and wiggled, hoping that the cold grip might lose.

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

 

               What?! The ghost can laugh? As the cold thing was off of my shoulder I backed away hoping to hit a wall. The laughter isn’t fading, in fact, it’s getting closer to me. Then it hit me. Wait a minute. I know that sound of laughter. One person can only laugh at the same tone, no stress, it was a flat laugh.

 

               “TYROOOOOOONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I shouted at the top of my lungs. Luckily I found the light switch. He was laughing so hard, lying on the floor holding a 2 pig feet. Yup you heard me right. It’s a pigs foot. I recognize those because I bought it from the market yesterday. It still had those marks saying fresh. I angrily stomp my feet to where this psycho was. Then I started kicking him.

“Ouch! Ouch! Stop. Stop. Ouch! Ouch!” he shouts as he tried to block every time I hit him. “What the heck was that? And what are you doing this early in the morning here? It is still dark outside” I said as I sat on the edge of my bed. “Hahahaha! I was just trying my new toy. My dad gave me a night vision goggles. He said I can use it when I go to camping. And dummy it’s already 8 in the morning. Hahahahaha!” he started rolling on my bed while holding his stomach. “What?!” I looked at my window and noticed that it was covered with thick beddings and it was closed. I glared at the psycho laughing at my bed and started kicking him off of my bed.

 

               “What the heck. Are you trying to kill me?” he said as he got up massaging the back of his head. I successfully pushed him off of my bed. “That serves you right. It should teach you not to play tricks on a person who just woke up. And besides our class start at 10. Where’s my Auntie?”. “Oh she’s already on her way to her office. And not to pressure you dude but it’s already 15 minutes after 9. I was trying to wake you up for 30 minutes. You’re one deep sleeper” he said as he stood up and started making his way out of my room. That dinosaur, Tyronasaurous, is really annoying. Argh! Better start preparing for school. I don’t want to be late on the first day.

 

               After 15 minutes, I was all set for school. I went out to find Tyrone smiling by himself. Hmm? Something’s fishy. I ran and grabbed his phone on his hand. I run as fast as I can inside our gate and lock it while doing my investigation on Tyrone’s phone. As I scroll down, I found one weird name. I opened it and my eyes grew bigger. WOW! This dino sure is fast. I unlocked the gate as he was still banging the gate. I held out his phone and he quickly grabbed it.

 

               It’s payback time. “Dude, Meanie Mouse is really obvious. WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” I started laughing out really loud. He started chasing me down the block with his fist raised up. He’s in his battle mode. Good thing I’m faster than him. All that exercise every morning paid off. I slowed down and he was about to grab me, I dodged him leaving him lying on the street.  “HAHAHAHAHA!! Hey dino, are you trying a fish? I’m right here.” He stood up and charged at me again. So I ran back towards his car, got in the passenger seat and locked the doors. Hahahahaha. Mean, I know. This will teach him a lesson not to mess up with me again next time. He was panting while knocking at the door. The dino left his key in the engine. Hahahaha!

 

“Okay! You win. Just don’t tell anyone about this. Now open up or we’re going to be late” Oh I forgot, stupid me. I opened the driver’s door for him. “So looks like someone had a great start of the year. How are you two? What’s the status?” I asked him as he said as he sat on the driver’s seat with a smile plastered on his face. “We are still in that getting-to-know stage”, still smiling like a crazy person. Do I look like him whenever I see Pie? I mentally asked myself. Pie can really make me look, act, and feel like a crazy person. Was it really just a simple crush on Pie? Or was it something deeper?

 

               30 minutes past 10 we arrived at our school’s parking lot. Yes we’re late. Again. We hurriedly run towards the stairs. I was near the 6th floor when I noticed Tyrone was not behind me. Wow. That work out really increased my stamina. “Hey dino! Better hurry up. I don’t want to get scolded alone” I shouted down at him. After 2 minutes, we arrived at the classroom door. The dino was panting while I was looking around. Everyone inside were just busy with their own business. Some are playing with their phones. Some are talking with each other. It looks like the professor has that first-day sickness.

 

               I sat on my chair and looked around to find the figure of the person that I’ve been missing. I found Mean and Puey, but she’s not with them. Maybe she’s not coming as well. Sigh. I slumped on my seat as I imagine a day of not seeing her again.

 

               Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Wow my tummy sure is loud. Good thing they were all busy. Oh yeah. I forgot to eat breakfast. Since our professor is already an hour late I guess he already ditched us. So I decided to go down the canteen to buy something to eat.

 

               In our school you can buy a lot of things with your 2 dollars. We have student’s meal that are very tasty. We have burgers that are really cheap; you can buy 1 burger and take another one for just 50 cents. Drinks are just for 25 cents. Crazy right?! Hahahahaha.

 

                So here I am waiting for my burgers to be cooked. I was playing with my phone when someone covered my eyes. Small hands, and looks like the girl is having a hard time to reach my eyes as I was standing. Yeah I know the hands are hands of a girl, it’s too soft for a boy. And lastly that scent that I missed the most. “Okay Pie I know it’s you” I said. She pulled her hands back and walked in front of me. “How did you know it was me and not any other person?” she confusingly asked. “It’s easy. Your scent” I answered absent-mindedly. “what?” she asked leaning closer to me. Oh gosh! I mentally face-palmed myself. “Uhhhh. Well it’s because uhm… you’re having a hard time reaching my eyes. I can feel you hands are pulling my head down a little” I answered her and moved 1 step backwards. “You’re so mean!” she said as she playfully punches my arm. I chuckled to help me breathe. Phew! That was close and she was too close to me I can’t breathe. It’s the first day of school year and I’m sweating a lot. I can’t believe this is happening.

 

                 “Here’s your order” the vendor gave me the burgers and walked away. “Do you want to have some? I got two burgers” I offered one to her. “Thanks. I haven’t eaten my breakfast yet” she said and grabbed the burger. “Me too. Let me buy you a drink. Wait here” I said as I walked towards the other store.

 

                   I went back to her and offered her the drink, “Is red iced tea okay for you?” “Yes. That’s my favorite” she said and took a sip. I know. I smiled and gave myself a pat on my back. “Let’s find a seat. Our professor is not yet there. And I think he’s not coming. It’s the first day after the holidays” she nodded.

 

                   We walked towards the schools lagoon where the benches are. I saw an empty bench and quickly walked towards it before someone sit on it. I wipe it off with tissue and place my handkerchief for her to sit on. I motioned for her to sit beside me where my handkerchief is. “Thank you. So how was your vacation? I see that you were under the sun a lot” she asked me as she took bite of her burger. “Well, it was only a day actually. My cousins and I had a bet and unfortunately I lose. I stayed under the sun for 2 hours” I answered her without looking at her. I might faint seeing her beside me. Exaggerating? I know but believe me, a goddess like her will make you faint with those eye smiles.

 

                  “Ohhhhh! I love bets. Let’s make a bet then.  Whoever finishes their drink first wins and the loser will have to carry the winner all the way there” I followed where she was pointing at. I was dumb struck, she was pointing at the direction where not a lot of people are and it was because it was the back of our building. It’s a long way. I looked at her and she gave me this confident look. It looks like she’s serious. “Uhm? Are you sure about it? Can you carry me?” I asked her pointing at myself. “Ohhhh. Aren’t you too confident that you’re going to win huh?” She said and took a bite of her burger.  “Oh no no no. I was just thinking of what ifs” I defensively said. “Don’t think too much. I’m pretty confident that I’m going to win” she said and ate the last bite of her burger. I gulped and looked at the distance. It’s not that I can’t carry her it’s the other way around that worries me. I don’t know how she’s going to carry me. I’m too tall for her to carry; my feet might touch the ground. I mean look at her. I know she’s stronger than me. I hope. But carrying me 300 meters from here? Sigh.

 

                  “Okay! C’mon let’s start. Grab your drink” she said and grabbed her drink. “Okay? Are you sure about this?” I asked worriedly. I know I could win over her because I’m a soda drinker. You know I could drink a soda in can in 1 gulp in just 6 seconds. Weird, I know. But I’m a heavy soda drinker. And this is just an iced tea, piece of cake. I looked at her again with her game face on. Sigh.

 

                    “Ready? 3…..2……1……. GO!” I shouted and started sipping on my drinks. I looked at her and wow, she’s fast. I looked at her drink and mine, she’s drank ¼ of it and I’m nearly at the middle of my cup. I moved my eyes on her again and think. Sigh. Might as well have a work out today.

 

                   “Yehey! I win” Pie stood up and threw her fist above her. Cough! cough! (I don’t know what’s the sound of coughing. Hahaha. Sorry.) I acted as if I was choked “Hey not fair I was choked” still acting. “Well it’s not my fault. C’mon! Turn around I need a piggy back ride all the way there” she said and stood on top of the bench. “Can I at least get some water?” still coughing and rubbing my chest. She walked away and went back with a bottle of water. She’s really caring. Sigh. She might kill me if she finds out I was just faking it. She handed me the bottle of water and drank it “Phew! So refreshing. Thank you” I smiled at her.

 

                      “Okay. My lady, please hold on tight and fasten your seat belt” I said as I secured her with my hand circled around her legs. And no, I’m not touching her. I intertwined my hands in front of me. She’s perfectly safe with me. She giggled and said “Run like the wind bulls-eye”. Hahahaha. Now she’s acting as if she’s woody from toy story and I’m the horse. I wouldn’t mind as long as I can see her smile. I run towards the back of the school building and she yelped in surprise. Her hands around my neck.

 

                      There weren’t much people around this part of the school, so it wouldn’t be embarrassing for us. Playing like a child. She was laughing until the end of the road. I gasped for air as soon as I out her down. I was sweating a lot. Phew! I slump on the sidewalk to catch my breath.

 

                      “Hahahaha! That was fun. Can we do it again?” she asked giving me that pleading eyes. “Maybe some other time, I might die if we do it again now. Sorry”. “Yehey! That’s okay with me. Are you alright?” she asked and sat beside me. “Yeah I’m fine. I think I’m hungry again” I said and looked at her. She playfully punched my arm and giggled. “Come on! Let me buy you something” she stood up and offered her hand. I looked at her hand and back to her face then her hand again. I know it looks weird. But you know that moment when you can hold the hand of the person who can make your heart go crazy? I slowly took her hand and got up. I loosened my grip on her hand but she held it tightly. I think I might faint. I can feel my face heat up because of her soft hands. Good thing she was in front of me dragging me to find something to eat again. I love this feeling. I wish I could hold on her hands forever. If only I could.