An Angel

Love or Lust

          Wow. I can’t believe that time really flies. Yes, I literally saw a flying clock. I’m late again. Aunt In suddenly threw my alarm clock to my bed. Phew! That was close. Good thing I woke up before it hits me. I admit I sleep like a polar bear. I can sleep even if there’s a party in my room. That’s me. It’s almost December which means I will be going home for the holidays. But the problem about December is that it is always raining. I’m really skinny I can’t bear the cold weather. I eat a lot though. How am I going to prove it? Well, Tyrone and I went to a food stall which offers unlimited porridge. Again, we have a duel of who can eat porridge the most. The loser will pay the bill. Dumb challenge I know but this jerk is really annoying. And so we started our battle. He finished 2 bowls in just 5 minutes. He can be the world’s fastest guy eating porridge. I dress like a guy but I still have the girl attitude when eating, so I slowly eat my porridge until I heard him say “I can’t take it anymore”. He’s slowing down. It was his fourth bowl. I was laughing in my mind. Slowly I eat my fourth bowl and when I was eating my fifth bowl. Tyrone suddenly asked for more. I guess this guy doesn’t accept defeat. And so he ordered another bowl of porridge. God! I can see his determined face (eye blazing like a tiger) but it seems that his stomach isn’t. I gave him my bring-it-on face. I finished my fifth bowl while he can’t swallow the first spoon of porridge. I started laughing well it’s actually an evil laugh to annoy him. “It’s payback time” I thought. Then, he quickly stands up and run towards the restroom. I started laughing out loud. I know I’m mean but if you only saw his face. It was hilarious. His eyes were so wide, cheeks were so big. His mouth was so full. He looked like throwing up. After 15 minutes, he slowly walked towards our table and sat weakly on his chair while his head hang low. “So looks like I win this time” I said and started laughing. I really can’t contain it. He turned his head up and looked like his sick. “Okay. I will pay for my food. Don’t worry” I said to him while patting his back. “Laughing at you was enough. C’mon man. You should have seen your face” I managed saying that while containing my laughter. He ended up going home and skipping class that day. Too bad. Hahahaha

 

               Where was I? Oh yes. Thanks for reminding me. Aunt In was cleaning the dishes when I went out of my room. I run towards the bathroom. And in just 10 minutes I was looking dazzling. “Very handsome but the problem is your late. Your class starts in 20 minutes.” Aunt In said while pinching my cheeks. Beep! Beep! "That's Tyrone Aunt In" I said while caressing my swollen cheeks. I asked Tyrone to pick me up with his truck. And luckily he woke up late too. He lived 15 minutes away from our place. I run outside and opened the passenger seat of his truck. “Drive safely!” Aunt In shouted while Tyrone stepped on the gas. We bid goodbye to Aunt In. “Dude thanks for the ride. We’re going to be late again. Today our first class would be Mr. Pirana.” (our English professor because he’s a terror. He’s gonna eat you alive if your late that's why he's called Pirana). When we reached the parking lot “We only have 5 minutes left dude” I shouted at him. “I know you don’t have to remind me. Just run! Run for your life!” he answered me running while both of his hands are up in the air. I was running ahead of him. And when I was about to turn at the sharp corner towards the stairs…… Blag! “ahhh!!!!!!” I heard the girl shout his lungs out. I caught her before she hits the floor. My face was just 4 inches away from her face. “Beautiful.” I can’t believe I said that out loud. It was Pie. Her lips formed a curve. She’s smiling. Wow! If I’m going to bump with an angel whenever I’m late I would definitely let my Aunt throw my alarm at me every single day. I can feel that I’m getting weaker again because of her smile. Then, Tyrone bumped on my shoulder causing us to shake a little bit. Now I was 1 inch away from her face. He smells really fresh like a baby. I can feel my face and my ear heat up. I’m blushing and she’s blushing too. “Dude! Hurry up if you still love your life” I heard Tyrone shouting from the fourth floor. We straighten up ourselves and stared at the other direction. “I’m sorry I was in a hurry because I’m late and you know Mr. Pirana.” I said to her still looking away. Oh crap! I forgot about the deadly fish. We looked at each other and started running. I run behind her. She might fall I don’t want her to break her leg or something so I have to take care of her while were running for our lives.

 

               When we reached our classroom, Tyrone was already seating at his chair. I saw Mr. Pirana writing something on the board. Good thing that there are two doors in this classroom. I saw Pie walked slowly toward the empty chairs across the room. There were two empty seats beside the window. I started crawling towards an empty seat beside Pie. And then suddenly, Mr. Pirana turned around to look at the book on his table. Pie and I hid behind the last row. Phew! That was close. “The coast is clear” Van whispered to us. We slowly moved and after 6 steps we reached our destination. Mr. Pirana started the class as soon as we took our seats. I looked at her and smiled. “Mission complete. We are alive” she said. I can’t believe it she’s sitting beside me. This is the first time in 6 months that I get to seat beside her. “I love you Aunt In! Thank you for throwing me the alarm clock” I was shouting inside my head.

 

                Today is the luckiest day of my life. I can’t focus on our lesson. She’s really beautiful even if I can only see her in my peripheral view. She reached a paper to me. I looked at her and she gestured me to open it. We really can’t make a noise because Mr. Pirana might hear us. “Hey Kim. I’m sorry about earlier I wasn’t looking at where I was going. And thank you for catching me. There’s going to be a party at my house this weekend. Everybody is invited. -Pie” I took out my pen and wrote back “It was my fault I should have slowed down, it was a blind spot. And that was nothing; I would always catch a falling angel. (wink) I would love to go to your party.” She read it and smiled. Is she blushing?

 

               She handed me a note “Sweet talker! So this is the real Kim huh? This angel is quite heavy though. I’m sorry.” “No sweat my lady. This skinny superman can carry a bulldozer like Tyrone. Remember when I carried him to the cinema. He’s heavier than you. Hahahaha! –Kim”. She laughed without a sound. “I guess so. You shouldn’t carry him anymore you might break you back. Anyways thank you skinny superman.-Pie” Oh she cares about me I said to myself. “Don’t worry only a skinny kryptonite could make me weak. –Kim” passed the note back to her. “and your smile” I said to myself.

              “Hahaha. A skinny kryptonite for a skinny superman, very good match. I think you, skinny superman have a lot more weakness that you probably didn’t notice-Pie”.

                  “Hmm? Enlighten me my lady-Kim”

                 “I will tell you one by one everytime you save me. So since you saved me earlier, the first weakness that you didn’t notice is…………………. Mr. Pirana! -Pie” She passed the note to me smiling.

                I read the note and started laughing. Opppsss! A sound came out of my mouth. We looked at each other then, to our professor. He’s busy writing on the board. I guess everyone is scared of Mr. Pirana. “Okay I admit he’s really scary. He’s one of my super villains though. His super power is his teeth and his gaze that can kill you once he looks at you. Look at him. Deadly. You better be careful. ^^,) –Kim”

                 “Sounds like I need to be sitting beside you at his class for me to be safe (wink)–Pie”. I read the note and I was so happy inside I feel like my face is beginning to turn into red. I wish she doesn’t see me like this. I turned my gaze to the angel beside me and she slowly turns her head towards me. “Oh my God! She will see me blushing. Panic! Run now Kim!” I was shouting in my head. When suddenly I heard a loud thud, our professor closes the book loudly. She looked in front. “Okay class that’s it for today. See you next week” Mr. Pirana said and dismissed the class. I don’t know how to say this but thank you Mr. Pirana for saving me.

                   Pie stood up and said “see you on Saturday”, then walked towards her friends. I smiled and nodded at her. I can feel that my face is at its normal temperature. Phew! I stopped breathing for like 20 seconds (well, it was just 2 seconds in reality but seriously it feels like the entire place was in slow motion when she turned her head earlier). Sigh. “What an angelic smile you got there my lady. I hope you could sit beside me every single day to save you from the stares of the hungry guys” I said to myself. There's a lot of guys in our school drooling over her. I guess I have a lot of enemies. I stood up and caught up with Tyrone. I’m now ready for being late again tomorrow.

               I decided to go home after our class. I’m smiling while making my way to our school’s gate, I didn’t notice that someone was walking beside me. I looked to my right and saw a girl. My eyes and mouth formed an “o”. I was so shocked....... 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's............