First Meeting

Love or Lust

I grew up living seeing rice fields and trees standing tall and mighty around our house. As a kid, I always dreamt of going out in the city, seeing tall buildings and wide roads. I always see myself studying there. And now, here I am walking very fast (more like running) towards my university in the city. It is one of the top schools in our country, my dream school. You know what’s awesome about it? It’s the part that they don’t have school uniforms. I really don’t like uniforms specially skirt. Where was I? Oh yeah! My university has 3 buildings, 2 are just two-storey building while the other one is the biggest with six floors. And lucky me, all my classes are in one building and that is on top of the biggest one (not the rooftop guys. It’s the sixth floor). Since I’m new here I don’t know where the elevator is and the worst part is that I’m going to be late. I didn’t know that it would take me 1 hour to reach our school which is across the river. But since this is a city the only way to go there is to go around. Yeah. You guessed it right I don’t have a car so I have to take the public transportation. So here I am running my way to the top floor, every step is killing me. If I’m going to be late every day I would lose weight. This is a great workout but I don’t think my thin body needs it. And after 15 minutes of running I finally reached the top. I already know where my room is since my cousin told me a trick to this building. The first number of the room will tell you which floor that room is and the succeeding two numbers will tell you where the room is located. 1-20 will be on the right side and 21-40 is on the left side. So my room is 610, near the stairs. I catch my breath before entering the room. I noticed that there were just few of us. So I find an empty seat and waited for our professor to arrive.

One after another my classmate (if everyone is at the right place), enter our room. Slowly the seats are being occupied. Everyone is quiet. You can’t blame us where freshman and besides this school is famous and respected that it has a lot of students from different provinces. I’m getting bored; I just stare at the doorway blankly. Then, suddenly three girls laughing entered our room. Looks like there knew each other already. They seated in front of me. “I’m glad we found it before our professor arrives” said the petite girl with a white shirt. The three of them laughed. One of them caught my attention, she is also petite, a hair that reaches the middle of her back, and her eyes when she smiles. It shines like a star even if it’s broad day light and that is one of my weaknesses, a smiling eye. A guy sat beside me. He introduced himself as Tyrone. We talked until our professor entered the room. He introduced himself and as a tradition we will have to introduce ourselves in front of everyone. I hate this part I totally don’t like talking in front of a lot of people. And so it started, I nervously waited for my turn until I realized it’s the smiley girl in front. I listened to her attentively. Hey! Don’t tease me guys listening attentively doesn’t mean you like her. It’s just that I’m curious. That’s right curiosity won’t kill you. Okay back to her, she smiles to everyone. Again my heart melted. “I’m Pie Manaying. I lived near here so if you wanna hangout sometimes you can go to my place” she said and everyone cheered and clapped their hands. Look like everyone’s excited about it. After that she went back to her seat while smiling, again my heart melted. I was staring at her then suddenly Tyrone elbowed me signaling that I’m next. I stand in front of the class, if I could run away I will. So I started “I’m Kim Jittaleela from the province. Nice meeting you guys.” On my way back to my seat, I caught a girl named Jane bitting her lip, she was one of Pie’s friends. I looked away and sat beside Tyrone. “Hey every girl is drooling here over you. You might wanna start preparing yourself with all of them piling here after the class” he said. “What are you talking about. I’m a girl. They just can’t get over the excitement of hanging out at Pie’s house” I said looking at him with confused eyes. “Okay if that’s what you believe. Don’t blame me if there would be a stampede towards you after the class” he answered me laughing. Well don’t mind him. The class ended and we all went out of our room heading to our next class. See there’s no stampede. This guy is just exaggerated.

At Lunch time, Tyrone and I went to the canteen and the tables were crowded. So we decided to take our food out since we saw some available benches outside the building. After eating we decided to go to the nearest mall. It looks like Tyrone here likes arcade games as well so we spent 3 hours playing. It was 5 in the afternoon when we decided to go home since we still have classes tomorrow.

I arrived at our house at 6, well actually it’s not my house I’m just staying with my Aunt In. Since she arrives at 7, I decided to cook a meal for us. I like cooking a lot even if it’s not delicious. Back in my home town my dad is the jury who taste and judge my new recipes. My best recipe is roasted chicken. After eating with my Aunt In. I went to my bed looking at my schedule for tomorrow. First class will be at 10 am. That’s perfect I don’t have to run again. I’m now lying on my bed when I remembered the smiley girl Pie. She’s really popular after her invitation. I fell asleep thinking of her party. I wish my Aunt permits me to go there.