Chapter 8

The Life of Ginger

8. 

The yellow shining sun started rising from the ground. It filled the sky with mighty colours of red and splashed the clouds with endless rays of pink. It was bright and mesmerizing. 

The first orange hued rays from sunrise kissed the leaves. With its lush green colour, the whole place seemed vibrant. 

A barking sound that is discordant with the quiet surrounding carried many miles from a quiet district of Seoul. 

“Awoo~” 

“No. Not like this. Is ‘Woof!’.” 

A brunette who was wearing a tracksuit wrinkled her nose and barked like a dog, and she indicated the black puppy that was in front of her to do it together. 

The black puppy was Ginger, and the brunette who was doing such weird thing is Taeyeon. 

After Taeyeon finished her schedule, she went back home and found out that Ginger was at the living room running here and there boringly. She recalled what the shopkeeper had told her, to walk with the dog when she had time. 

She looked at the clock, it was still early, the streets sure had not many pedestrians. So Taeyeon decided to have a walk with Ginger. 

On the way, Taeyeon met a friend who also had a walk with her pet. 

After chatting with her friend, her friend’s dog suddenly barked at Taeyeon ferociously. Despite her barking sound was still weak, Ginger responded to the dog by baring her teeth and barked. 

Taeyeon’s friend scolded her golden retriever, smiled to Taeyeon and left. 

Taeyeon’s eyes were erratic, she kept looking at the golden retriever and Ginger, which also seemed had mixed some reconciled. 

So that’s why this situation happened. 

“Taeyeon? Are you having rabies?” A sound talked with a casual tone came. Taeyeon did not look back, she knew it was Tiffany. 

“Taeyeon unnie.” 

Maybe plus a Seohyun. 

Taeyeon didn’t turn around, she continued to wrinkle up her nose and bared her teeth to Ginger just like before. As if intentionally. 

Tiffany walked to Taeyeon’s side and held her right hand, “Don’t we say that today we’re going to go for a shopping? We still have one hour.” 

A few days ago Tiffany had called the subunit members to go for a shopping, so that’s why she would appear here with Seohyun to find Taeyeon. 

Maybe because of too tired, Taeyeon did not answer Tiffany, she pulled her cap on her head. Taeyeon picked up the chain and fastened it to Ginger’s collar, walked her back. 

“Fany-ah, today I think I can’t go.” Taeyeon apologized, “The pet shop calls me to bring Ginger to inject vaccine, and they need to tell me some precautions.” 

Tiffany looked down, but she didn’t force Taeyeon, she let go of Taeyeon’s hand and shook her head to Seohyun. Then Tiffany said goodbye to Taeyeon and she left with Seohyun together. 

Taeyeon and Ginger didn’t take much time to reach home. But Taeyeon didn’t go to the pet shop just like what she had said to Tiffany before. Taeyeon directly went to her bedroom, took out her phone and played. 

Tiffany didn’t know, but Ginger clearly knew what’s happening. The shopkeeper didn’t say she needed to inject vaccine. Because when Taeyeon brought her back home, they already completed all the procedures and relevant certificates. 

It’s clearly seemed that Taeyeon did not want to go outside. 

Taeyeon didn’t use to close her door while she was in her home, so Ginger came and passed through the gap of the door. Ginger looked up and saw her lying on the bed, holding the phone, and kept clicking something. 

Ginger went to the foot of the bed and lay down. Cushioned her head with her paws, she glanced at Taeyeon then she began to sleep. 

Time flies. When Ginger woke up again, she stood up and ran to the balcony, the sky was already full of shining stars. 

Taeyeon was preparing the dinner in the kitchen. Ginger was hanging her tail, standing at the doorway and staring at Taeyeon. 

Ginger didn’t know what had happened to her. It seemed that she always wanted this Korean girl to appear in her sight. This will make her feel really satisfied. 

It seemed that she have the whole world. 

Ginger looked at Taeyeon’s ponytail for thirty minutes long. After that, the dishes were finally done. Taeyeon carried the pot and walked towards the living room, her face was full of sweats. 

Taeyeon noticed Ginger was sitting at the corner, felt a little surprised, and then she said, “Ginger? You’re really a big eater, waiting here since you’ve smelled the fragrance? Hmmmm… I think I’ll stop feeding you dog food.” 

Ginger was really innocent, actually she just wanted to look at Taeyeon only. But after Ginger shrugged her noise, captured the surging air molecules, her eyes were shining and she followed Taeyeon slavishly. 

The dish was chicken stew. It seemed like because of what Seohyun had said to Taeyeon, she now began to pay more attention to her body. If like before, she would just simply called for a delivery meal. 

Taeyeon took two bowls from the kitchen and filled them with a spoon. She carried one of the bowls, sat down on the sofa and started to watch the TV. The other bowl she put it on the stool to let Ginger eat. 

Sitting cross-legged on the sofa, her face was stern, sipping the chicken soup, her eyes had been staring at the TV. 

Taeyeon was observing her deficiencies on her stage performance. Although she was already debuted for six years, but she still had the habit to check whether she had done anything wrong. She was too concentrated and she didn’t notice that Ginger had jumped onto the sofa and stuck close beside her leg. 

It seemed that Ginger liked to pad her chin on an object, before were her paws, and now is Taeyeon’s thigh. 

Taeyeon was wearing a blue cotton shorts, she could feel a hairy thing beside her leg easily. She looked down, noticed that Ginger had put her head onto her thigh, resting, looking very lovely and cute. 

Taeyeon’s eyes shone. She did not disturb Ginger and slowly put down her bowl. She took her phone on the coffee table and snatched a photo. Taeyeon sent the photo to the SNSD chat room. 

Taeyeon’s milky white thigh with Ginger’s charcoal black face made a big contrast, but it was too cute. 

Taeng: It’s cute. Right? 

Not even a minute there already had people who reply her. 

Imnotsoonkyu: Totally! Can you lend me a few days? 

Himyoona:Wow, I didn’t expect this black dog looks so cute.” 

Chodingkim: If your fans saw this picture, maybe they will like to cook Ginger into a dog meat hot pot. 

Taeng:…. 

Hyoyeon always had the ability to change things into a strange way. 

Taeyeon had already forgotten her original purpose, to confirm her own stage performance. They kept chatting and suddenly they talked about the cucumbers. It drove Jessica who was always diving out and she ended this topic roughly. And then Taeyeon finally back to the real world. 

After they finished chatting, it was already 9 o’clock. Ginger had already fallen asleep beside Taeyeon. 

Taeyeon picked Ginger up, put her on her kennel, and she herself went to clean up the mess after her meal. 

After that she went to take a shower. Taeyeon put on a white nightgown, turn off the lights and lay on the bed. Asleep.