Chapter 7

The Life of Ginger

7.

It seemed that she needed to think of another way. Ginger tilted her head and her eyes met with the coffee table. The coffee table and the sofa happened to form a ladder. Ginger may not able to jumped onto the sofa, but she can try to jump onto the coffee table.

Ginger took a few steps backwards until her back reached the sofa, she accelerated and jumped onto the coffee table. And then Ginger jumped to where the remote was.

Ginger smiled. She grabbed the remote like a winner, her paws toughly pressed the button to switch channel.

While Ginger was switching channel, she noticed a familiar figure, so she switched back and watched carefully.

“Even when hidden, I twinkle, what can be done? I stand out completely. Even when shrouded in a veil, I twinkle, it’s obvious…”

It was quite a dynamic music.

The strange thing is Ginger noticed the person who put on a silver eye-makeup among a group of people in the TV, her owner looked totally radiant.

It was a totally different posture. Bright and confident.

Ginger raised her head and looked at Taeyeon with no makeup, compared to the TV, she really looked good in the TV. She thought honestly.

Taeyeon probably didn’t sleep well, she grabbed Ginger unexpectedly and turned her body. Ginger had been squeezed between the back of the sofa and Taeyeon’s belly.

This sudden change had made Ginger shocked, when she realised, she had already become a sandwich.

I just thought you looked better in makeup but not now. But why you need to punish me? Ginger cried inside her heart and thought.

Ginger slowly twisted her body to escape from detention. But it was almost the time where Taeyeon needed to go to the broadcasting station to record programs.

Suddenly the phone rang and it shocked Ginger. Ginger was supposed to jump over Taeyeon’s body, but her movement was a bit slow, so she lost the force in the air and fell onto the side of Taeyeon’s waist.

The noisy alarm and the external force had waken Taeyeon up. She opened her misty eyes and bent her legs to put Ginger onto her belly. Taeyeon looked around for a while then she grabbed the phone on the coffee table to off the alarm clock.

“It’s only 11 o’clock.” Taeyeon mumbled drowsily, softly touched Ginger’s head. But then she suddenly awoke and jumped out from the sofa,”11 o’clock!”

“Oh my god! Oh my god!”

Taeyeon quickly reached to the bedroom and sit down onto the makeup table. Using her fastest speed to cover her tired eyes and puffy face. She removed her hair band, pressed some unknown liquid from a bottle and applied on her hair. Her hair was loosened and became slight curled.

After that she took a wide-sleeved t-shirt and short denim from the closet and put on them. Taeyeon also tuck up her t-shirt into the shorts.

With her milky white and delicate skin, she looked extremely beautiful and refreshing.

Taeyeon took down the backpack from the coat rack, and then the phone rang. She hunched her shoulders and fixed her phone beside her ear while squatting down to wear her sneakers.

“Taeyeon-ah? Are you coming now? Or now I go pick you up?”

“Oppa I’ll drive to there. You wait me at the broadcasting station. Bye.”

“Okay. Be careful. And come as soon as possible.”

After wearing her sneakers, she glimpsed at Ginger who was paralyzed on the coffee table. Taeyeon didn’t think of how Ginger reached the coffee table, she just talked to Ginger, “Ginger, don’t run around. Just stay inside the house and wait for me to come back. Bye.”

When Taeyeon finished talking, she felt that she was a bit lunatic. How could a dog understand what she was saying?

Taeyeon shook her head and closed the door, but Ginger was still paralyzed on the coffee table.

Back in twenty minutes ago.

When Ginger just fell onto the side waist of Taeyeon, Taeyeon quickly grabbed Ginger in a second and put her on her lower belly.

Taeyeon’s belly doesn’t have any fat. And soft like a marshmallow. No muscle formed from long-term practicing dancing. You could feel the softness though the thin shirt.

After that Taeyeon suddenly stood up and shouted, and then a loud ‘bang’ was heard. Because of inertia, Ginger who was first lying on Taeyeon’s belly, fell hard onto the coffee table.

Taeyeon didn’t even look at Ginger, she directly ran to the bedroom. Ginger was forgotten on the coffee table.

After becoming a dog, Ginger was sensitive to Taeyeon’s actions, including just now Taeyeon had disregarded her. She didn’t know this action hurt her fragile mind.

And that’s why she kept paralyzing on the coffee table to play dead.

But she felt puzzled and regretted what she had done. It doesn’t make sense at all. Ginger quickly got up when Taeyeon had gone, she was shocked for what she had done.

Ginger felt like she was being implanted a strange property, and only took effect on Taeyeon.

Ginger shook her head, and forgot about this question.

Now she was thinking how she could survive under Taeyeon’s hands.

Yes, it’s ‘survive’.

On the first day Ginger becoming a pet dog of Taeyeon’s, she had already encountered two major life-threatening actions.

Ginger could already foresight a difficult dog’s future.