009

Sinister Warfare [Slow Updates!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So," He poked the cold body's cheek with his index finger, "Homicide?" He turned the head from side to side as he inspected the marks on the neck. His partner raised up her glasses, "That's one way to put it," She opened up a file with papers. "According to the CSI Unit it was an assassination, and the third one this week alone. Same markings, same tactics, no fingerprints and a dead end as always."

"So this isn't a serial killer?" He looked up from the metal table that was placed in the second level basement, also known as the morgue. "Nope, not in this case."

"How are we all so sure it's an assassination and not just some random serial killer, what are the connections anyway?" He scratched his head and was still trying to adapt to the way things worked around here. "Listen, Wu. In this city there is no such thing as coincidences and sheer luck. Besides, these were all pretty important people who died here. There's no way this isn't an assassination attempt."

The man in front of them looked quite old and has a permanent frown on his face. Apparently he was some important business man from an insurance company.

Twenty-six year old Wang Fei Fei, currently leading the case, was a gorgeous detective who was excellent in deduction and fluent in 5 languages. She got paired up with the new kid, Wu Yi Fan, a twenty-three year old male that was placed over from China through Interpol.

There were three of them who got sent over, but she didn't bother getting to know the other two since her current partner was already a handful.

A big drugs scandal that involved ties with Beijing was enough for authorities to permanently transfer three of their "finest" agents over, for precautionary reasons. Finest, my . The man barely knew how to handle a gun, let alone solve crimes.

"Geez, fine. I was just asking."

"I think it's time for a coffee break, do you want something?" She asked walking towards the door, "Nah, I'm going to stay here a while." He waved and she sighed, "Okay, fine. Just don't break anything!" Her voice echoed as she walked away and Yifan took off his rubber gloves.

He looked over the reports and scrutinized the words, "These techniques..." He trailed off as he read more and more, "." He hissed.

He recognized these techniques, "What is she doing in Korea?"

, she's back... The much praised assassin from underground China. "Song Qian, what the hell are you doing?"

 

 

••• Later That Day •••

 

It was Friday.

What did that mean to a girl like her?

It meant: A movie night with Park Jimin.

Was she excited? Well, to be honest, yes. She hadn't had any friends over lately since Jaein was way too busy with preparing for some big projects and she wouldn't dare to bother her in any way, because Iseul knew how much it meant to her.

After those three days of not speaking since the Mingyu Accident, Jaein had been outright stressing about due dates and deadlines. Iseul, being the kind friend she is, decided to help her organise a schedule so she could plan more easily, and then left her alone so she could work in peace.

She hadn't hung out with Mingyu for the past few days either, since he still pissed her off. Even in their shared classes, she decided to sit away a good five rows away from him. Perhaps distance was a good option for them right now.

Her and Jinah have been getting along well, she had been asking a lot of advice about college as she was the more experienced one out of the two.

Then there was Chan and Myung... She could rarely see them, especially since the latter had to change courses, poor guy. She wasn't even sure what Chan did, but it must've been something way different since she didn't see him at all.

So she's been passing her time away hanging out with Taehyung and Jimin, and occasionally with their younger friend Jungkook, but he was known to be very blunt and distant so she wasn't able to get to know him very well. She also felt intimidated by his intense stares.

It was around 6PM and Jimin wouldn't show up for another hour so she decided to get some snacks ready and make the living room less dead. She hadn't even fully unpacked yet, so she decided to start right away.

However, she only came as far as putting the boho themed blankets over the white couch, putting up the fairy lights on the wall and placing her little plants near the window before getting a new notification.

"Ugh," She groaned, "What now?" She hissed at her phone, as she only had half an hour left before Jimin would come by. Normally she would totally ignore her phone, but this wasn't your average instagram notification stating like "@ xxx liked your picture".

No, this was the special ringtone she gave for any updates posted on the Crystal Lynx website. The stupid ringtone just notified her about a new post someone has shared on her wall.

That was a big deal since no one dared to post anything on the Don's page unless something's really up. Usually, they were too scared to even mention the Don, as they were afraid of saying something wrong that would result in a lethal situation.

 

@CRLX-M-16339 [Today—18:27] 'Hi, Big Don... I hope I'm not interrupting you, but I wanted to remind you about the underground auction. It will take place in three weeks. Underground sources have stated that the Crystal Lynxes has formally been invited and I assume that you might not want to go, but I was wondering if you could at least give us a comment on it.'

 

The post had just been posted three minutes ago and already had 64 upvotes, 12 downvotes and 4 new replies. "Damn," She bit on her lip as she read the post, "Three more weeks... I have to figure something out... I should wait with the reply... Yes, I should wait." She told herself and put her phone on silent.

A loud ding echoed through the room and she stepped away from her phone, walking towards the sound with the idea to take out the popcorn and put it next to the other two bowls of chips on her small make-shift coffee table, which was actually a square, black ottoman with an equal sized white, wooden serving tray on top.

She pulled out the HDMI cable from her desk drawer and connected it to the TV. "That should oughtta do it."

She sighed in relief and fell back on her couch. She leaned forward and looked towards the front door. Shivers would go down her spine every time she looked down the hall, since all she could think of was the time Lee Taemin, who literally invaded her personal space, stepped into her house as if he was a long time friend.

The doorbell went. She jumped up after a few knocks followed. "Iseuuulllll!" A familiar voice sang. "I'm coming!" She snorted as she shuffled towards the front door. The door swung open and there was Jimin with his backpack casually hanging over one shoulder, "Hey there, beautiful." He grinned.

"Sup, handsome," She joked and stepped aside so he could enter her house. "Welcome to my humble abode." He walked in and looked around amazed. "So small, yet not too claustrophobic. I like it." She could only huff since it sounded like a backhanded compliment.

"You got the movie with you?" She asked. The boy grinned while Iseul walked to her kitchen to grab some glasses out the cabinet, "What do you want to drink?" She looked over her shoulder as Jimin started hooking his device up to the small TV.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter