006

Sinister Warfare [Slow Updates!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life never seemed to stop in Seoul, no matter what happened, life would always continue at that same old pace.

Here and there, you'd see the cops trying to figure out a few cases, scoping the streets for new gang activity. Sometimes you would come across talented street performers, who (if they were lucky enough) would be casted right on the spot. The occasional idols you would pass on the street, same old, same old.

Yet, for Park Iseul it wasn't like that. Her life seemed to be evolving into an ever growing adventure she never wanted to end, each and every day seemed to shake her to the bones of excitement. The reports of this manipulating information merchant, the legend of Seoul City's strongest man, heavy gang activity, and now an almost "mythical" motorcyclist from another world.

How the people of Seoul could live their lives as if nothing was going on, made her wonder how immune this city is to outside threats. It almost seemed like a challenge.

But was she going to take that challenge? She is, after all, the leader of the Crystal Lynxes. It was a title she took pride in, her intentions for the Lynxes weren't as bad as most people might assume it might be. It all started out as a joke between online friends in a chat room. Just for fun, she considered it a social experiment. 

Iseul, being the genius she is, created a website fully accessible by password. She created the entire html by hand and added all kinds of security easter eggs, just for fun. Seeing if the site would ever go viral, they spread rumors on the net saying stuff about how dangerous the Lynxes were, because they were crystal clear and blended into the crowd. That was when Crystal became a canon and was added to the original name of Lynxes, so the URL had to be adjust to http://latsyrc.lynx and the logo had to be changed.

She couldn't exactly remember what happened during that time, but around that time a big asset to the site, another creator, decided to bail on Iseul and the other two. He said the site was getting way out of hand and he wanted to pull back before any real life consequences could bite him in the one day. The other two felt insecure about the direction it was all going to, though, Iseul managed to keep them at bay for a few months.

Not soon after that, she was the only left to manage the website. She was able to hold up the front for a year, but after a small accident she had with some officials right after she wasn't really in the mood to log in anymore. It resulted into a hiatus that lasted for a good 9-10 months, it almost lasted up to a year. That is, until she heard she could go to South Korea for her studies. The website was mainly targeted at Seoul, since she knew how big the mafia there was.

The only reason she went to Korea, was to see if her almost-neglected site had made an impact on the society of Seoul, South-Korea. She was almost certain it did not, but her assumptions were proven wrong the moment she arrived at the train station. She could hear the whispers of students and young adults gossiping about how the leader of the Lynxes was said to be coming to their city today. It almost made her grin, so she wasn't forgotten after all. She was always a little afraid that her hiatus might've created a gap, luckily she was proven wrong.

Things were looking bright, all she thought of was the fact that she was now able to manage things first hand. The only problem, though, was her identity. The image that the public has created about the leader of the Crystal Lynxes was nowhere near the real deal.

There have been tons claiming to be the leader, but they never were quite convincing. One person actually almost got away with it, actually. (Do note that these mishaps happened during Iseul hiatus from the site, so there was no way for the Lynxes to confirm nor deny the rumors.) The only thing made him gave himself away was his irregular speech pattern, since someone was smart enough to investigate on the claims, as it didn't fit the usual demo of their leader.

The leader was believed to be a feared man with an intimidating demeanor and a harsh looking face. God knows why the leader of a semi-virtual gang would ever look like said-description, but the people were letting the idea run wild, adding all kinds of different things to the story.

Kids saying that the leader had a scar through his left eye, teens gossiping about how he had to use a cane to walk because of an injury he sustained during a heavy turf war back in the early 2000s, young adults had mind of their own with suggestion about how the leader might just be a big shot in the drugs dealing industry or even wilder thoughts that involved human trafficking and the somewhat older people came with the oddest thoughts of which no one was sure to take serious or not.

'What if the leader is just a robot created by the Korean government?' This person had a very elaborate theory, a bit too farfetched if anything and then there were those occasional posts about the leader being a female, no one really bought it, but it wasn't like they were too far off the truth.

It was endearing to a certain extent, how the Lynxes were so driven to find their leader. They needed a sense s superiority to reign over them, while still having s sense of freedom; how she was supposed to reach this level of leadership, she was not sure yet. 

She wanted the lynxes to be a group of people that would  help each other out. A group of people that would confide each other for problems. 

Then, when she realized where the site was actually going, she realized the potential it had. She wanted to explore the limitations of her creation.

How far could she go before it would self destruct? Would there be real life consequences? 

Would it affect her and the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter